Helen

Dark Impact

Tamiya ones are much better than the 3Racing or GPM ones. I have 4 DF03 rear Tamiya hop up shocks on my Blazing Star and the 4 front ones on my TA02 rally car. They work beautifully.

I was very disappointed at the quality of the 4 GPM alloy shocks I bought for my nitro RS4 Evo3, they would leak everywhere. Few mods to them and a Tamiya rubbers kit improved them heaps.

Still waiting on parts for my hopped up DF03 to arrive... I hate waiting!!

So do I, I don't rate GMP at all the only GMP hop up I have on my DI is the front and rear body posts, I do like the 3racing hop ups though but I sort of new the Tamiya shocks were better, I did have the 3racing ones but they broke, just wondered if it was my driving and needed a second opinion. Ive found the handling to be better with the Tamiya ones, you only get what you pay for I suppose.

I really wish stellamodels would supply more hop ups on ebay, I have been forced to use dinball, the more I deal with him the less I want to click "pay" on paypal.

Is the stella web site better than there ebay shop?, seems to be more choice? Do you still get the security you would on ebay?

Stella website is better for price, shipping cost, and combining shipping (as shipping cost can be seen before buying). Also service is A+ from the website. Deliveries usually within a few days, even to UK. I've not used the ebay shop, but bought many items from their website over the years...

So do I, I don't rate GMP at all the only GMP hop up I have on my DI is the front and rear body posts, I do like the 3racing hop ups though but I sort of new the Tamiya shocks were better, I did have the 3racing ones but they broke, just wondered if it was my driving and needed a second opinion. Ive found the handling to be better with the Tamiya ones, you only get what you pay for I suppose.

I really wish stellamodels would supply more hop ups on ebay, I have been forced to use dinball, the more I deal with him the less I want to click "pay" on paypal.

All the other GPM alloy parts I have are top notch, just seems to be their shocks. My Blazing Star has every possible GPM upgrade, same with my RS4 Evo3 and MicroRS4, all fit together and work nicely. With my DF03 DI I've tried to get as much of it Tamiya as possible before looking to other brands.

Mark

All the other GPM alloy parts I have are top notch, just seems to be their shocks. My Blazing Star has every possible GPM upgrade, same with my RS4 Evo3 and MicroRS4, all fit together and work nicely. With my DF03 DI I've tried to get as much of it Tamiya as possible before looking to other brands.

Mark

Maybe I missed judged them then or am I just a 3racing nut

Is the stella web site better than there ebay shop?, seems to be more choice? Do you still get the security you would on ebay?

I ordered some bits for my DI direct from the Stella website, was very surprised by the speed of the delivery fom HK, 3 days from clicking "pay" on paypal, to my doorstep :rolleyes:

Highly recommended ;)

I have used all 4 and the TRF while the most expensive of the lot do not seem to leak as bad. The shaft being more rigidly held by the alloy body probably would have bent no matter what, the problem is it is hanging out in space to get hit. With nothing to cover them and keep them from getting in harms way there isn't really a shock out there that will not bend under the circumstances unless you went to Traxxas heavy shafted, but I suspect they would not fit the space and would look out of proportion to the rest of the buggy, or something else would have given out. I have used them however in some of my larger trucks with great success due to the extra throw and the extra oil not to mention the extra heavy shock shaft. I don't think the TRF's would be long enough for this application however being as they are for on road cars, but Associated and a couple of others make buggy shocks that can really take the beating, when you are racing you use what works best and lasts no matter who made it, if I were racing this buggy the shocks would have been the first thing gone, followed by the tires and wheels. I wish that Tech Racing would make more parts for racing but they seem stuck on on road cars. For now it seems we are stuck with aftermarket knock offs some better than others.

Stella website is better for price, shipping cost, and combining shipping (as shipping cost can be seen before buying). Also service is A+ from the website. Deliveries usually within a few days, even to UK. I've not used the ebay shop, but bought many items from their website over the years...

The ebay shop is slightly cheaper and with the same fast service

Can I put a high torque servo made of metal gears in a DI and would it make much difference also what radio gear is everyone using ( with all my hop up parts Ive used and additional parts Ive bought Im ready for my next DI build soon)

Of course you can add a metal geared servo to it but the expense of doing so is questionable. It will be stronger but the wheel load on a buggy is not nearly what it is on say a Clod, so while it would work perfectly well, the nylon geared one actually will out last the metal one. There is less friction with nylon against nylon and the metal gears tend to wear faster, but they are stronger so in a lot of applications the trade off is worth the money. If your driving skills are up there a quicker servo may make more sense as the response time would be decreased but if you are like me and most of us, it is an advantage that is hard to put to use and may cause more harm than good. I would spend the money on better shocks or tires to suit whatever you are running it on rather than a metal geared servo, more bang for the buck. The higher end servos are really for those blessed with really good reflexes and can take advantage of what they offer, I have used digital, core less, metal geared, and everything inbetween and my 1/4 scale has metal geared servos and big ones at that for oblivious reasons, and I cannot tell the difference for the most part from one to the other. They all respond faster than I do, darn it! Most use Futaba, even Acoms is made by them, although most modern radios all perform really well, I have been using Futaba for 20 years so I like them, but as mentioned there are several really good ones out there, how much do you want to spend?

Think Ill stick to my normal one , just wondered, thanks for your post.

Hows everyone finding there tires, they seem to last forever, its about time they put some hard wearing tires on an off roader

I am using a Novak GTS with a very hot motor, but it is small enough to fit in the Dark Impact which does not have very much room, and it handles some good modified motors too!

Good luck!

I am using a Novak GTS with a very hot motor, but it is small enough to fit in the Dark Impact which does not have very much room, and it handles some good modified motors too!

Good luck!

I have a Novak XRS, I really do think the Novak are one of the best ESC on the market, you can't really go wrong with them. Very good for the DF03, nice and small and it needs to be in that tight space.