craigca3

Nikko Rhino/bison F10

Hi

I'm new to here and just wanted to ask a question about replacement rear wheels/tyres for a Nikko Rhino/Bison F10. I was wondering if any wheels that suit models such as a hornet, frog etc would work on the Nikko? I took my old unit out of the cupboard for a go on the weekend and would like to get some replacement rear tyres.

Thanks

Craig

Hi

I'm new to here and just wanted to ask a question about replacement rear wheels/tyres for a Nikko Rhino/Bison F10. I was wondering if any wheels that suit models such as a hornet, frog etc would work on the Nikko? I took my old unit out of the cupboard for a go on the weekend and would like to get some replacement rear tyres.

Thanks

Craig

G'day mate, the F10 Frame Buggy was actually my first RC car and will stay in my heart forever. Actually gonna start looking for another one. Anyway, Frog, Hornet, Midnight Pumpkin, etc... all have the same rear hub design as the F10 so all these wheels will fit. Come to think of it, you should be able to fit hex type rims as well just by replacing the round hub with a hex hub. I often used Hornet parts to fix mine when something broke. Hope this helps.

Chris

Hiya Chris,

Thanks for that info. I have found a part with the following description, TAMIYA 53056 PIN TYPE WHEEL ADAPTOR HUB 12mm HEX.

Would that be the right kind of adaptor to get the hex wheels to work on the Rhino/Bison?

Thanks again

Craig

Yeah mate they should be sweet. Any pin type 12mm hex hub will do. eg; WW2 rear wheels, F350, F103GT, Rover Mini Cooper etc....

Hi again

I ended up getting a set of the 53056 pin type wheel adapter for my bison f10, but the hole in the middle of the adapter isnt quite big enough to fit onto the axle of the bison. Can anybody help with suggestions as to another part that may work or if the 53056 i have could be modified to fit?

Thanks again

Craig

Hi again

I ended up getting a set of the 53056 pin type wheel adapter for my bison f10, but the hole in the middle of the adapter isnt quite big enough to fit onto the axle of the bison. Can anybody help with suggestions as to another part that may work or if the 53056 i have could be modified to fit?

Thanks again

Craig

Hi craig you say the hole in the adapter is to small, is there anyway you can get a small round file to make it fit on the axle ? its a shame to waist the bits you got, its worth a try before you buy more ..

also

craig

Thanks for the advice Craig. I ended up using a drill (there was a probably a bit too much to take out to use a file) and it seems to have done the job ok.

Craig

Hi again

Thanks again

Craig

Hi Craig,

Sorry about that, I forgot all about the different sized axles! Hope it worked out.

Chris.