steve r

Alternate Tyres For King Cab?

Medium (see below)...I'm really surprised. I ran it around on my front yard a bit in a spot mostly dirt and patchy grass and a couple runs on the street but mostly the dirt. Compared to the Pro-lines these things are really wimpy!

IMX7582M BLACKFOOT (TQ STYLE) SPIKED TIRE MEDIUM

You are right this should not be the big challenge for the tires. So we have to find other alternatives. Some days ago I wrote an email to the proline customer service and asked them if they will reproduce the dirt paws or the trac-ta-gators or make some other tires with big spikes and they answered that they will ask the R&D department and will inform me when they have more information. So lets see. Maybe we be in luck.

• Like 1

You are right this should not be the big challenge for the tires. So we have to find other alternatives. Some days ago I wrote an email to the proline customer service and asked them if they will reproduce the dirt paws or the trac-ta-gators or make some other tires with big spikes and they answered that they will ask the R&D department and will inform me when they have more information. So lets see. Maybe we be in luck.

If you want some Gators there are a couple shops in Australia that appear to have them in stock. Probably ship to you no problem.

http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/TRAC%252dTA%252dGATOR-FR.-OR-RR-2.2.html

http://www.rchobbyland.com/trac-ta-gator-fr-or-rr-2-2-pr1045-00d/

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for that hint. My google searches didn't show me these shops. Don't know why because I also tried the production numbers. Will keep an eye on them. At the moment two sets are on the way from Japan. They should arrive end of January or beginning of February.

WOW, the BEEF is with us again. I have a set of Tractagators on some BF wheels, need to get that one running.

Yesterday I mounted two of the IMEX tires on the rear wheels of a spare chassis I have got and when I finished mounting the original Tamiya front wheels I saw something lying on the floor. Two of the Spikes of the IMEX tires fell of during mounting. I think they are really just for the shelf.

I am not sure if they are old because normally when the rubber gets old it also gets hard. Maybe this could depend on the rubber compound. But the tires are really soft a bit harder than jelly. :wacko:

On 3. januar 2016 at 5:54 PM, Disco said:

My kingcab runner has HPi geolanders on it good all round except when wet !

Ordered at of those for mine \o/

First, its literally impossible to find anything similar in looks to stock MR tires/tyres that will have any durability, pins turn to nubs FAST!!

These are what I use for certain conditions.  All these trucks are runners equipped with appropriate tires/tyres.

Left side - Proline Hawgs, bashing and tarmac | Right side - Imex Dawgs, wear fast but similar to original MR tires, occasional run on Grass or loose dirt.

lAjdCQ.jpg

Also, a pic of Losi racing tire/tyres on the right side used on Stadium Blitzer.  For hard packed clay tracks.

54FvD4.jpg

• Like 2

The Proline Hawgs look great. I think they would also fit the MB, BF and Mountaineer/Mountain Rider or the Bruiser.

• Like 1

I have Pro-Line Gladiators on the rear and Edge's on the front. I've been wanting to get a pair of Dirt Hawg II to try on the back. 

I have proline trac ta gators and dirt paws. Would like to try some gladiators.

Proline made some awesome 2.2 pin tyres back in the day, shame most of them are impossible to get hold of again.

23 hours ago, Pauli330 said:

The Proline Hawgs look great. I think they would also fit the MB, BF and Mountaineer/Mountain Rider or the Bruiser.

They would be great for all 2.2 truck wheels.  The BF and the retro 3speeds would look cool!

On 1/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, beefmuffin said:

I wouldn't recommend those IMEX tires BTW. I tried them on my new Plasma Edge runner and after one 15 minute run they look heavily used and half-bald! Not to mention they are really soft and probably require some sort of insert to keep them from flattening out. See pics below. I pulled off these wheels and tires and now mounted an old set of Proline Trac-ta-Gators like I have on my other DF-02 runner. Those I know can take their punishment. If anyone wants these wheels and tires (they're glued) they are all yours if you pay shipping. LOL. But, yeah, don't expect much. Anyone else try them and have better luck??

Before:

23756170764_d4ae8e8670_b.jpg

After:

24334399981_0cf607ed99_b.jpg

24049053699_a27b3f6d57_b.jpg

Hey I know this is old but so you still have these tires and wheels for sale?

On 8/11/2016 at 2:34 PM, highflyer said:

First, its literally impossible to find anything similar in looks to stock MR tires/tyres that will have any durability, pins turn to nubs FAST!!

These are what I use for certain conditions.  All these trucks are runners equipped with appropriate tires/tyres.

Left side - Proline Hawgs, bashing and tarmac | Right side - Imex Dawgs, wear fast but similar to original MR tires, occasional run on Grass or loose dirt.

lAjdCQ.jpg

Also, a pic of Losi racing tire/tyres on the right side used on Stadium Blitzer.  For hard packed clay tracks.

54FvD4.jpg

I know this is old but can you tell me what wheels are those on the right that the imax tires are on? Is the cars or wheels for sale by any chance?

15 hours ago, 2Dover3D said:

I know this is old but can you tell me what wheels are those on the right that the imax tires are on? Is the cars or wheels for sale by any chance?

The wheels are chrome Wild Dagger wheels, used on some variation of the model, can't remember which.
Max

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kontemax said:

The wheels are chrome Wild Dagger wheels, used on some variation of the model, can't remember which.
Max

The fronts fitted with some sort of hex adapter I presume?

On 1/1/2023 at 11:48 PM, 2Dover3D said:

Hey I know this is old but so you still have these tires and wheels for sale?

Hi there - I'm pretty sure the actual wheels in the picture were destroyed years ago.  But they are based on the series of Wild Dagger / Blackfoot Extreme / Twin Detonator / Blackfoot III wheels with lots of variations in color/finish available (and for cheap).  My current preference for these come from this recent model which is based on the same WT-01 chassis but with a shorter arm length - they are dark grey and available from Tamiya USA for under $7:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-trucks/rc-volkswagen-amarok-2/

16 hours ago, Kol__ said:

The fronts fitted with some sort of hex adapter I presume?

The wheels on the King Cab in the picture are King Blackfoot wheels so 2WD model as the King Cab.

Max

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 5:19 AM, 2Dover3D said:
On 8/11/2016 at 7:34 PM, highflyer said:

lAjdCQ.jpg

54FvD4.jpg

@kontemax, aren't they both King Cab chassis? Cheers

edit: King Blackfoot comes with red wheels no?

7 hours ago, Kol__ said:

@kontemax, aren't they both King Cab chassis? Cheers

edit: King Blackfoot comes with red wheels no?

Ok, there was some little misunderstanding.
Someone asked about the chrome wheels in the photos above.
There are currently two types of chrome wheels here in this topic and in these pictures.
The chrome spoked wheels are from a variant model of the Wild Dagger and are 4WD only.
The bolt-on chrome wheels on the King Cab come from a Super King Blackfoot or some other blackfoot variant, so there's no need for front wheel hex adapters.
The original King Cab wheels are shaped like an oil barrel and are white.
I'm sorry but I've been out of the hobby since 2016 so I don't remember all the variations of the Black Foot and Wild Dagger at the moment.
A quick search of the TC resource page listing all models will give the definitive answer.

Max

• Thanks 1