Helen

Worst Crashes

My Falcon cost me about 20, but I think it got given back to me so I could give back the Radio set as it was acctually meant for a plane my dad had half built. Now Ive more than doubled what I paid in the first place but Im happy

Just had a phone call from Baby J, one of my growing number of girlie RC nuts, I intend to turn many more to the Darkside of Tamya hahaha

Shes not a happy bunny, she was running her Tamiya Rising storm on a car park and a motorbike pulled up, grabbed the car and sped off, her battery was on its last bit of running time so she couldn't speed off in time.

How can people do things like that, hope he crashes his bike and ends up crippled.

I did try and make a joke about it by saying... look on the bright side it could have been a DF03 hahaha, didn't go down to well

Poor gal

What an *******, I know someone who was driving it's car. And stopped, but at that moment there walked a guy who took the car and ran away with it. I really should have knocked him down...

If some one dares to ever do that to me, they better hope I cant catch them. I'd take great pleasure in watching the lights of life leaving their eyes

If some one dares to ever do that to me, they better hope I cant catch them. I'd take great pleasure in watching the lights of life leaving their eyes

Nicely put, she lost her job last week too, shes such a nice girl, Im going round later with bottle of vody to cheer her up, my brothers over so got a build in babysister, bless him.

Why do people have to steal other peoples stuff, why can't they buy there own like the rest off us and stealing off a girl too .tut. Im glad shes safe though, you never know what he would of done if she had manged to grab the car, he may of beaten her up or maybe something worse, as long as shes ok thats the main thing, her Birthday's coming up so Ill treat her to a new one, will put a bit of spending money from holiday aside..... God Im really mad.

What an *******, I know someone who was driving it's car. And stopped, but at that moment there walked a guy who took the car and ran away with it. I really should have knocked him down...

You should of but no point getting done for people like that, there just not worth it, ah bless she just turned up here at mine.........

WoW Ive never heard so many swear words in 2 hours, she really isn't happy but then who can blame her, he even had the nerve to ride pass her and shout stuff at her, when she walking home, phoned police and gave a description, think he's whats known as a complete w****r !!

WoW Ive never heard so many swear words in 2 hours, she really isn't happy but then who can blame her, he even had the nerve to ride pass her and shout stuff at her, when she walking home, phoned police and gave a description, think he's whats known as a complete w****r !!

Unless she got the plate number i doubt they will be able to do much. Its not a nice thing and i have never heard of that happening before either but as you say its only a toy and not her.

Unless she got the plate number i doubt they will be able to do much. Its not a nice thing and i have never heard of that happening before either but as you say its only a toy and not her.

Very true, yeah she didn't get the plate, to much in shock and didn't think to, I know they won't catch him but its best to report it.

She ok now and after all it was only a rising storm, she only had it a week but thats the end of another df02 and soon another df03 will be bought, out with the old and in with the new. Feel like singing.... Always look on the bright side of life lol

Oh my... I would have never thought anyone could stoop that low. I would be devastated if someone did that to me, have some serious $ invested in my cars. It is a crazy world we live in. Glad I spend most of my driving time on my own property and not public areas.

I feel for her :`(

Mark

Oh my... I would have never thought anyone could stoop that low. I would be devastated if someone did that to me, have some serious $ invested in my cars. It is a crazy world we live in. Glad I spend most of my driving time on my own property and not public areas.

I feel for her :`(

Mark

Hey thanks mark, its quite sad to think that a fully grow man would go and steal a toy rc car off a girl in a car park, maybe he should see a doctor.

I will be keeping an eye out for it on Ebay lol

In this day and age unless its murder the police will do absolutley nothing. A person vandilised my Mountain bike which Ihad to sweat blood to get, I had a name an adress and quite a few witnesses. They wouldnt even caution him. Some people will be nasty reguardless of where they are, some guy physically smashed a toy R/C car me and a few school mates were using purely because some one behind us said 'Drive it into a fat woman', and that was at school and he wasnt supposed to there

Might put some plastic explosives connected to a separate switch on the receiver so If anyone tried to run off with it they'd be in for a shock when their hand gets blown off hahahahaha. May need a failsafe though, wouldn't want it going off on a bash and would be really scared to crash it lol, gives a whole new meaning to the word Dark Impact :)

Yes either way Id lose my car but it would be lost with a great deal of satisfaction !!

My grasshopper got mauled horribly this weekend.

it's painful to even talk about it, but let's just say the chassis is broken in 3 different spots, the manual speed control fried and the battery caught on fire. The body cracked too.

At one point the rear body posts that are part of the hopper broke off, so when you did throttle the car wheelied. It was quite a sight, till the speedo short circuited and my battery melted.

My worst crash happened some years ago with my father's car. I hitted on the right side another car not respecting the red light. I was running at 90 km/h in my city. Front end of my father's car was liquified in the crash. The other car made a 450 turn hitting the traffic lights in the opposite side of the street. The car turned in a banana shape. Front passenger seat was less then half larger than original, furtunatelly there was only the driver.

Immediatelly after the crash my intention was to break the driver face but fortunatelly Jesus Christ though about, turning that idiot man in a blood mask.

Total damages amount: 23.000

This has been my worst crash. But not the only one.

Cheers

Max

My most memorable RC crash was many moons ago in a road outside my friend's house. Her neighbour had come out and we were taking it in turns to race my Fox-bodied Grasshopper up and down the street. I raced up a lowered kerbstone but lost control coming back down, the car went into a huge cartwheel that ripped off the front A-arm and snapped the shock tower.

I took it home, all upset as it was my only running RC, and rebuilt the 'hopper using an alloy shock and various other components borrowed from a big heavy ugly metal-chassis pick-up truck that I'd been given as part of a clearout. So the 'Hopper had mismatched shocks on the front end and handled really wierd, but was good fun.

About 10 years later realised that the "big ugly metal truck" was actually an original Hi-Lux; thankfully I still had the old 'hopper, so I robbed all the parts back, rebuilt the Hi-Lux and sold it to a fellow TCer to raise funds for yet more Tamiya madness :)

I had a good crash last year at the first Ham Hill meet - we'd found a nice steep dusty track going up a tall hill, and I decided to try my Dark Impact up it. After a few failed attempts I changed batteries and gave it another go - it flew up the slope, avoided all the nasty bumps (by luck more than judgement!) and shot straight off the top of the slope and out of sight.

Me and another TCer (think it was Hillman666 ?) looked at each other blankly. He said "Do you know what's on the other side of that hill?"

"Er, no... Think I'd best go find out!"

I clambered up the slope and found the Dark Impact resting happily in a little dusty indent right at the summit - from the ground, it looked like it had driven off the top of the hill and disappeared down a cliff on the other side ;)

Back in the days when I toyed with RC cars (1990'ish) for the first time -

Avante 2001 vs. Egress - Front wheel vs. Front wheel.

Cost :

2 smashed racing Dish Wheels with Foam, 2 uprights, 2 lower A arms, 1 bent upper A arm and one smashed servo saver... Wish I had that crash on tape !....

Cheers,

/Steff

This crash was my first. I had just finished putting togther a tt01r kit with a old 19t Chamelon 2 motor only a month beforehand. I had the car with me at work and was out in the parking lot during my lunchbreak. I was running in ovals around two sunken storm drains, drifting around the corners and impressing myself and the guys out watching. I pulled a corner a little two tight and hit a storm drain. The car caught some decent air. One of the guys watching had the bright idea that I should try to see how high the car could jump over the drain. Like an idiot, I tried it. I hit the drain at full speed and the car flipped over violently and tumbled about 10 feet before landing on it's top. The impact from the drain had broken the front suspension upright/gearbox cover. I guess my pride was hurt worse than the car.

Hit a 7-up can and flipped the Falcon, busted part of the Suspension mount. Ive put in my last ebay bid until August for a box of Falcon spares which has the part I need as I dont really want to stump up 16 for a new part on a part tree which I wont use all of the parts from

One of my cousins used to have a hpi nitro car (forgotten the name) but when he first got it he wasn't really prepared for the speed and sent it through the open gates of a buildingwork site (a new shop was being built near where we were) and into a pit where a rather massive digger was digging... i shall always remember the time he jumped up to the cab and screamed STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP at the worker.. the suspension was leaking and the upper arms bent but at least it wasn't buried lol, would've been a bit unlucky if they were laying the concrete at the time hehe my cousin would've jumped in too!

well helen, i know what your going to say to my post, "its all for the best" im guessing !!

but last night was my worst crash ever.

iv taken about 4 front ends of falcons before, when first learning to drive, but 17 yrs on, i should know better !!

my df02 (yes i know, buy a df03) , hit a car wheel after just avoiding my brothers foot !! it was flying at full speed , powerd by a 15t method r motor, and lets just say it is now in intensive care, with a mangled front end, including snapped shock tower, bent shock piston rods, cracked fnt gear housing, and iv kissed goodbye to the shell.

good job i already orderd new df03 shocks, and carbon towers, on sunday !!

mind you, it should teach me not to aim at my brother and swerve at the last minute, on wet tarmac at full throttle.

this little df02 may be my basher, but i didnt want it bashed that much !! oops !! B)

In this day and age unless its murder the police will do absolutley nothing. A person vandilised my Mountain bike which Ihad to sweat blood to get, I had a name an adress and quite a few witnesses. They wouldnt even caution him. Some people will be nasty reguardless of where they are, some guy physically smashed a toy R/C car me and a few school mates were using purely because some one behind us said 'Drive it into a fat woman', and that was at school and he wasnt supposed to there

Police won't do anything. You would have to take the case to a local court/magistrate, and issue a summons to the guy and try to claim your damages that way. But then that's going to be hassle for you, and cost to arrange the summons.

- James