Sign in to follow this  
Agent Orange

Noob Saying Hello

Evening

Joined here a while back and best introduce myself. About 25 years ago I fawned over each new Tamiya catalogue and dreamed of owning one of the RC models having bought and built a lot of Airfix and then Tamiya static models. Most we're filled with white spirit and set light to in mock battles.... Tcha the youth of today eh...? :rolleyes:

I never did get one as the 100 it would cost was a huge amount of money and after getting into BMX I never looked back. Roll forward to now and my mate Bin ^jammin^ goes on a spree with Tamiya that puts Imelda Macros shoe collection to shame and I feel myself getting drawn in.

Grabbed a NIB Stadium Thunder which I completed the other week. Should have taken some photos before running it as it's taken a little beating already.

Will no doubt be asking questions and popping on with my own info soon

Cheers

Kieron

Another victim of the Tamiya drug, you may as well say goodbye to all your money and hello to Mr spending spree !! Welcome to the mad house

Nice job on your Stadium Thunder - not too sure how your front suspension set is going to handle though ! <_<

...and if you think yours is battered, you want to see the state of mine. Let's just say the shell is going to be retired to the bin soon...

BTW, did you know you can allow people to post comments on the models in your showroom? There is a tickbox in your personal details...

Nice job on your Stadium Thunder - not too sure how your front suspension set is going to handle though ! <_<

...and if you think yours is battered, you want to see the state of mine. Let's just say the shell is going to be retired to the bin soon...

BTW, did you know you can allow people to post comments on the models in your showroom? There is a tickbox in your personal details...

Thanks. Handling isn't improved and if anything made worse from the extra shocks which is hardly a suprise but just fancied seeing if I could make it all fit together. The alloy shocks I got were purely for looks as the stock shocks seem perfectly sufficient. Just tinkering! :)

Thanks for the info I didn't see the check box in the options - assumed comments were on as default.

Ha ha, my cunning plan is working... soon i will have a vast local RC scene mwahahahah.

Wotcha, glad you finaly made it on here, i'll mail you over that short clip of your first proper run with the Stadium Thunder, you can add it to your showroom movies then <_<

Cheers

Ben.