Sign in to follow this  
SJoerD

Tamtech Gear Porsche Servo?

I have trouble finding a alternative servo for the TamTech series. Normal type servo's don't fit and the smaller types I have, have a too small output gear... Is buying the expensive and average TSU-02 from Tamiya the only remedy or are there others that fit?? :)

I'm nearly done with my TamTech Porsche (incl. many goodies) and the steering servo is the last thing holding me back! :)

I have trouble finding a alternative servo for the TamTech series. Normal type servo's don't fit and the smaller types I have, have a too small output gear... Is buying the expensive and average TSU-02 from Tamiya the only remedy or are there others that fit?? :)

I'm nearly done with my TamTech Porsche (incl. many goodies) and the steering servo is the last thing holding me back! ;)

Surely any servo for 1/12 cars fits?

Alternative servo`s for the GT-01 are as follows,

Futaba s3101

Futaba s3102

Sanwa sdx-761

or

JR nes 321

JR ds 362

There was a slip of paper with this list in the kit one i bought last week.

Thanks for that! My kit was second hand, with the chassis built, and the note regarding te servo msut have got lost. However, those servo's mentioned are even more expensive (altough some have very nice specs!). Why is this type of servo so darn pricy, what's so special???

Up to now those servos have probably only been needed in small numbers at a guess.

Have a hunt around you will find the Futaba ones much cheaper.

This servo Futaba s3101 is only $20, this really isn't any more than a standard 3003.....

Thanks for that! My kit was second hand, with the chassis built, and the note regarding te servo msut have got lost. However, those servo's mentioned are even more expensive (altough some have very nice specs!). Why is this type of servo so darn pricy, what's so special???