Sign in to follow this  
linkedtamiya

Prerunner S-10 Built

Built a while back, Its been built with a TLT-1 axle and a TA02 rear gearcase in front faced backwards...

Reveresed rotation.... this is the prototypes problem, i hope its not fatal.

Mamba max???? a motor and esc that will allow a "constant load in the opposed direction"

Issues: Windings of motors, timing, revered votage, programing......heat.

post-21851-1184625154.jpg

post-21851-1184625164.jpg

post-21851-1184625170.jpg

post-21851-1184625176.jpg

You beat me to the punch! I was planning to build a truck very similar to that, but base it off an XC chassis instead. Yours looks absolutely top notch, but could you make the pictures bigger?

That looks fantastic - superb realism and good articulation too.

How well does it go on the trails?

Awesome build linkedtamiya B)

I'd like to see some naked chassis pics if possible ;)

I'd also like to see a movie of this beast running!! :lol:

good work!

thanks for all the kind comments fellas..

working on the beast is a on going.. needs a motor and esc that can be run in reverse without and problems like overheating...

Any suggestions for setups on cars that reqiure REVERSED ROTATION.....Mamba Max???

Sweet man!!!

About your problem...

Can't you just revers the cables from motor to the esc? (green to yello and yello to green?)

Then the motor is running the other direction!

Wouldn't that work?

Badboy

Yeah ive been doing that and the common failure is in the way motors are made. The windings (turns) in electric motors are made to favor one direction. When they are run in reverse (reverse) means the current is not going in the intended direction. It is not as simple a switching 2 wires. in most motors, yes it will run like that but the built in timing, coil windings and other factors will make you motor run inefficently and you will have thermal failure.

This truck was done a year ago and i have not yet seen its potential. It really needs a High Tourqe High Power system to power this heavy weight Prerunner (like a 550 brushless) i dont know... Brushless sensorless, mamba, novak(NO) Help.

I'm pretty sure you can run any brushed motor in reverse direction as long as the timing is set to 0 and there are no schotky diodes. Silver cans can be run in either direction.

You've got some mad skills man. I've wanted to biuld somthing like this but had never thought about using a ta02 rear grar box for drive.

As far as you'r problem goes can't you just reverse the thottle stick or triger on your handset. There is normaly a little switch at the front of the handset near the bottom or inside where the batterys go. That way when you set the speed controler up it will be backwards that will actualy be the right way around given how you have the tranny placed. And there should be no adverse afect on the speed controler. (If that makes any sense)

Tupers

well, unless i can change the rotation of the earth i think the motor will still spin in its reversed intentended operation...Im thinking the Mamba Max anyone have one to let me know if it runs just as well with 2 of the 3 wires on the motor/ esc opposed... Im thinking with all its tunability (tuna) i can reverse the timing in the esc program and set the best performing setting to have the motor run backwards... NOVAK WILL NEED TO LEAVE NOW. Nice try with the CRAWLER.....it works but the **** old school sensor design.