Toonz

How Many Re-issues?

just wondering how many re-issues have you guys bought so far :D

for me, i've

Frog (1)

Hornet (1)

now waiting for HOTSHOT!

:)

just got a re-re frog and intend to get brat for sure although very tempted to get hotshot but would be scared to use it.

Hornet, 'hopper, Lunchie, T'Shot, T-Force & Brat.

I have an innumerable amount of old & new Hotshot parts so am struggling to justify buying the re-re. However I DO want to see what the new dampers are like and whether the front suspension slop has been improved. Is that reason enough? :D

I have an innumerable amount of old & new Hotshot parts so am struggling to justify buying the re-re. However I DO want to see what the new dampers are like and whether the front suspension slop has been improved. Is that reason enough? :D

It says this on Tamiya website:

Tamiya designers have given the Hotshot a makeover, replacing older, harder to assemble parts with modern equivalents but still keeping true to the spirit of the original Hotshot. While the front/rear double wishbone suspensions and adjustable mono-shock oil dampers remain the same, the drivetrain features modern dog bone type propeller shafts for enhanced reliability. The oil dampers have also been changed to the more modern diaphragm type.

( http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/583...tshot/index.htm )

It says this on Tamiya website:

Tamiya designers have given the Hotshot a makeover, replacing older, harder to assemble parts with modern equivalents but still keeping true to the spirit of the original Hotshot. While the front/rear double wishbone suspensions and adjustable mono-shock oil dampers remain the same, the drivetrain features modern dog bone type propeller shafts for enhanced reliability. The oil dampers have also been changed to the more modern diaphragm type.

( http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/583...tshot/index.htm )

Quoting the Tamiya website here...."Take this updated Hotshot out for a spin and compare it to today's R/C buggies to experience how far this hobby has developed! "..

Not the greatest marketing tactic I ever saw. Basically they are saying it's rubbish!

for me just super clodbuster so far.

i want to get

topforce

avante

i also like hotshot so prob get that.

after ive collected afew more monster trucks :D

CH

I'm a big fan of the re-issues!

312T3

Tyrrell 6 wheeler

XR-311

Brat

Lancia 037

Frog

Hornet

Wild Willy

Volkswagen Beetle

Super Clodbuster

Top Force

Dyna Storm

I think I'll get a Grasshopper too....as well as a Hotshot or two.....Might run one and shelve the other.

Hmm, let me see...

2x Dyna Storm

2x Top Force

2x Hornet

2x Frog

1x F40

Not strictly re-res... Different chassis

2x Lancia 037

1x BMW E30 M3

1x Beetle

- James

Quoting the Tamiya website here...."Take this updated Hotshot out for a spin and compare it to today's R/C buggies to experience how far this hobby has developed! "..

Not the greatest marketing tactic I ever saw. Basically they are saying it's rubbish!

They are being honest, as a race car it was rubbish back then as well. Those of us who actually raced them at the time basically chucked everything away apart from the gearboxes and wishbones just to get them competitive on the track against the 2wds. It's amazing that Kyosho produced the Optima at the same time, that was so much more advanced compared with the Hotshot.

If someone is used to a modern buggy they will be extremely disappointed when they try a Hotshot. Uncurable understeer, massive amounts of bump steer, extremely overweight, overcomplex drivetrain and a choice of only 4 gear ratios limiting the range of motors you can use.

Isn't the whole point of running these old cars to show how much things have moved on?

Getting on subject I haven't bought any of the rereleases as they are too expensive for me, especially when I can buy original runners on ebay for a lot less money.

They are being honest, as a race car it was rubbish back then as well. Those of us who actually raced them at the time basically chucked everything away apart from the gearboxes and wishbones just to get them competitive on the track against the 2wds. It's amazing that Kyosho produced the Optima at the same time, that was so much more advanced compared with the Hotshot.

Well yeah, all of us who were around in the 1980's know that it was extremely flawed but if a youngster with no knowledge of the car's history was interested in buying one I doubt they would be swayed by a marketing policy of saying "It's garbage compared to a modern car!" All they have to say is that this is a slightly updated 20 year old design aimed at having fun at your local dirt track or park.

Isn't the whole point of running these old cars to show how much things have moved on?

Nah, we all know how much things have moved on. I would say we run them for the scale appearance and the nostalgia of our childhood memories.

I dont see the point of buying a hotshot. Wow, I'm gonna pay for a car that is terrible, when I could save and get a df-03 which is a much greater chassis!

still on re realeases thread i wondered if kyosho is doing the same or will do the same.

i would love to see re realeases of

bigbrute

usa1

boss

doubledare

hirider corvette

if this happens i can actually get some of these trucks in my collection.

also alot of my friends inc me think EGRESS is next without a doubt.

CH

I love the re-releases !

Hornet x1

Dyna Storm x 1

Hot Shot x 2

Lunch Box x1

My "Most Wanted" re-releases include these: Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, Mountaineer, Boomerang & Bigwig.

I have :

Hornet

Lunch Box

Blackfoot Xtreme

I want :

Monster Beetle

For those who expect a Blackfoot re-release, I doubt Tamiya woould make it.

The Blackfoot series is the one and only model that remained in catalog through the 80's-90's-2K's time tunnel. So no re-release needed I guess

I brought these

Thunder shot

lunchbox

hornet

frog

and will buy the Hotshot

All brought as runners,I also think these are too expensive as I've said before theres got to be little effort to get these out so why the high price,I would rather they bring out new models than all these Re re's.

still on re realeases thread i wondered if kyosho is doing the same or will do the same.

i would love to see re realeases of

bigbrute

usa1

boss

doubledare

hirider corvette

if this happens i can actually get some of these trucks in my collection.

also alot of my friends inc me think EGRESS is next without a doubt.

CH

I cannot see Kyosho re releasing their cars.But if we all contacted them requesting that they should do it,well then maybe.

I have bought all of them apart from the Brat (no Brat because I already have a nice Brat from Moosey and I was spending $$$s on helis)

wild willy

Tyrrell 6 wheeler

XR-311 (2)

Brat (2)

Frog

wild willy

Tyrrell 6 wheeler

XR-311 (2)

Brat (2)

Frog

Have:

Top Force

Dyna Storm

Lunch Box Gold

Interested:

Hot Shot

Fire Dragon

Basically everything I have running right now is a Tamiya re-release: a Grasshopper, a Hotshot, and two Lunchboxes, one with an original Pumpkin shell.

I think a Brat would be cool, since I used to have an original one, but it's the opinion of the other half of the household that I've spent enough on RC cars for a while. Maybe later...

How would you feel about the reissue of a model you've just spent the last year searching for, no kits available so lots of high priced obsolete parts purchased? It's not happened to me but I'm sure it must have happened to a few of us! Frustrating? Suicidal?? And how do you explain to the wife that the 600+ it cost you would have bought five of the new reissues???

I'd never forgive them..... :D

Currently have:

Hornet x 2

Grasshopper

Manta Ray

Frog

Hotshot

Brat

Top Force

and can't wait to see what classics Tamiya re-release in the future.