tamiya_runner

Prize For Guessing What 58400 Will Be ?

Yeah the bumper dummper and some G+T lol.

On a gd note - got my TT01 scobby today with the 07 shell. and it has got a full set of

Window masks!!!

so at least they are listening to us on some levels lol.

Would you mind rebuilding a Sand Scorcher next then or maybe a Bruiser :blink:

It'll be a TT01 chassis probably :)

I'll try - I'm finishing a Wild One at the moment - so maybe thats next?

The re-Frog up-rights work well with SRB

Didn't someone comment a while back that they were weaker than the originals & tended to bend / break more easily ?

Back on topic, I would dearly love a Hi-Lux in some form but I suspect I'll be disappointed :)

I heared that there is a different bodied 3 speed coming L200 MITSI or maybe even a new shape Hi-Lux but i know there is a very slim chance of a srb as all the alloy casts where destroyed in a fire many years ago ! think they where just lucky that they managed to salvage the brat uprights !

one thing i do know is theres a dam good chance of a sand scorcher tam tech !

im thinking along the lines of the monster beetle or mud blaster seen as there half way there with the brat/frog !

:lol:

I think there is a big crowd that are asking for the Monster Beetle but it looks like everyone is having a hard time dealing with VW these days so I am not sure if that could/would happen just yet. I personally would prefer the FAV or the Wild One. BUT I think the next re-release will be:

Blackfoot.

I know a guy who knows a guy who heard someone from Tamiya in a bar talking about the next re-release (how sketchy is that source?)

James.

I think there is a big crowd that are asking for the Monster Beetle but it looks like everyone is having a hard time dealing with VW these days so I am not sure if that could/would happen just yet. I personally would prefer the FAV or the Wild One. BUT I think the next re-release will be:

Blackfoot.

I know a guy who knows a guy who heard someone from Tamiya in a bar talking about the next re-release (how sketchy is that source?)

James.

You know....a Blackfoot is not a far stretch. The Chassis is already re-released, and the tires are still being used on modern kits. The body is the only thing. And since Ford doesn't have a problem endorsing the HiLift, why would they mind the step side.

That seems to be the most resonible re-release to me!

I heared that there is a different bodied 3 speed coming L200 MITSI or maybe even a new shape Hi-Lux but i know there is a very slim chance of a srb as all the alloy casts where destroyed in a fire many years ago ! think they where just lucky that they managed to salvage the brat uprights !

one thing i do know is theres a dam good chance of a sand scorcher tam tech !

im thinking along the lines of the monster beetle or mud blaster seen as there half way there with the brat/frog !

:)

Is there a reason why Tamiya can't make the alloy casts again? Are the re-re Frog/Brat front up-rights produced from the original cast?

You know....a Blackfoot is not a far stretch. The Chassis is already re-released, and the tires are still being used on modern kits. The body is the only thing. And since Ford doesn't have a problem endorsing the HiLift, why would they mind the step side.

That seems to be the most resonible re-release to me!

True - The re-reBlackfoot would be a good selling the same as Hornet/Frog and Hot Shot - But with the ltd re-re Toyota body maybe another re-bodied 3speed maybe next?

I've also read about a gold bodied Lunch Box ?

Please keep the guesses coming and don't forget a small prize for who ever guesses right.

OK - Guess I better close this little prize quiz'zy

58395 1/10 DB01 Durga ("plastic" version of TRF501)

58396 1/10 Dual Hunter (Wild Dagger chassis)

58397 1/10 Toyota Hilux High Lift

58399 1/10 Gravel Hound 2

58??? 1/10 Plasma Edge <- guess this will be 58400 ? - as soon we tamiya comfirm I'll sort out the guess'es and let the winner know

Cheers

Dave

I'd love a modern Hi Lux bodied Hi-Lift, especially after watching Clarkson drive to the north pole in one on Weds... All I could think when watching that show is "Those ice-wheels look just like TLT wheels! SO easy to make a scale Ice Yota!!"

I wonder if I can buy 1:10 scale Clarkson and May figurines to go inside..?

I hope Tamiya do something interesting with the next release - a new TRF chassis maybe (perhaps a good 2wd race buggy?) or another scale truck on the CC chassis; it's a shame rally cars are out of fashion now as there's a gap in the market for a really good rally chassis and detailed shell.

are you a magician? everything you said is right

well, we all know about the hilux on the f350 frame. correct!

i wish it would be one of the following:

#1-wild one

#2-monster beetle

#3-fox

but its probably gonna be the one i don't really want. my guess is that it will be the mud blaster.

why? because they only have to reprint the decals to the new format that they seem to use.

anyways i love the re-release products they are coming out with.

keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy!

my bet is that 58400 will be the plamsa edge, and it'll be the 2WD RACER I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR THE LAST UMPTEEN YEARS! (sorry about that, rant over)

But seriously, it's got to be the dyna storm evolution singapore 959 has mentioned.

a re-issue would just be tooo convenient, especially as Tamiya have decided to get serious about racing off-road again.

It will be the new TRF 416 because next year the World Champions are held and Rheinhard was beaten by Andy Moore last year in Italy with his Cyclone ;)

Ok,ok, it will be the Midnight Pumpking Lunchhbox Sand Scorcher wild one or something :lol:

my bet is that 58400 will be the plamsa edge, and it'll be the 2WD RACER I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR THE LAST UMPTEEN YEARS! (sorry about that, rant over)

But seriously, it's got to be the dyna storm evolution singapore 959 has mentioned.

a re-issue would just be tooo convenient, especially as Tamiya have decided to get serious about racing off-road again.

my guess is the same as yours, 2WD buggy to get another world title

my guese is a rere monster beetle type chassis, a new 2wd buggy or an srb.

What do you think it will be.

are you a magician? everything you said is right

It was just a guess!

Anyhoo, I was suggesting a modern toyota, but doesn't it look like we're getting a modern one - it looks like the a modified Bruiser body instead, which is great news IMO.

I really didn't expect Tamiya to come up with a new 2wd chassis but was over the moon to hear about the DT-02MS. Will definately be saving up for one of those, I've held off buying a DT-02 for ages thinking that maybe if I wish hard enough they'll release a better 2wd off-roader sometime... although some people have already said it's nowhere near TRF spec and isn't tough enough for racing. Time will tell, I guess...

I expected the Plasma Edge to be the new DF-02 car (I was very surprised to hear about a new DF-02, I thought it was discontinued since the DF-03 is so much better). I'm even more surprised to hear the DF-02 chassis will be called "Gravel Hound 2" - I mean, if it's the same DF-02 chassis, how can it be any different from the old Gravel Hound (except for shell and wheels)..?

I also thought the new DT-02MS was simply going to be called "DT-02MS" like the other chassis kits, but I'll be happy if someone proves me wrong :(

Looking back..

58100: Top Force- TA01 chassis started the Touring Car Evolution!!!

58200: TA03F David Jun Limited Edition- First Tamiya named after a Driver

58300: TA04S ABT Audi TT-R- :D

58400: I hope it is better and more significant than 58300!

My guess, the 400th will be a non-competitive 2WD buggy!! Nothing SPECIAL :unsure:

Plasma whatever...