theshopkeeper

Nikko Uk Gone Bust

So, Nikko is no more if I understand it right?

Can't imagine that :( The cars with which many people started the hobby...

Well I'm not really surprised. One could say that it's good for a company to offer a range of scales but I always saw their product range as "jack of all trades".

Retailers (I noticed) would get a limited stock in and then sell them as, "once they're gone they're gone" and the products would never turn up again. So as a brand to follow, they really didn't offer anything more than a present for your nephew which was just a little bit better than those which go straight from the box and into the bin. If the company really wanted to be taken seriously within the U.K. then they should have moved on from their old faithful, the F-150 Monster Truck and expanded on their dealer base. If they had tried to get good supplies of their better models into the U.K maybe this wouldn't have happened.

I for one won't be missing them.

Mud.

Thanks for the info guys. I agree with your arguments. Anny how I think it is a little sad since they are such and old company, but I think they can fully blame them self. May they rest in peace, and lets hope they learn rom it and release somthing a lot better again soon!

Thanks

This surely must only be the UK importer of Nikko?? Not the producers of the cars...

-Lars

I hope this dosent mean an end to Nikko sales in the UK altogether, I used to love messing with those little blighters, my first ever R/C was a Nikko Mad Cougar and I loved that truck to death.

I hope this dosent mean an end to Nikko sales in the UK altogether, I used to love messing with those little blighters, my first ever R/C was a Nikko Mad Cougar and I loved that truck to death.

i had a Mad Cougar as my second R/C. good truck but the batteries never lasted more than about 10 minutes if i remember right... maybe i just bought cheap ones :)

I used to stick mine in the fridge to make them last longer :D I was tempted to ebay one as mine is long gone but they dont turn up on any of the searches I tried.

I used to stick mine in the fridge to make them last longer :( I was tempted to ebay one as mine is long gone but they dont turn up on any of the searches I tried.

still have mine, and still works

clicky

I remember mine looking a little different, industructible little blighter it was I drove it down the stairs once and didnt even scratch it. It got loads of use, as soon as I had batterys I was using it, the constant use was what proberly killed it.