Wrc action

Volkswagen Race Touareg 2 Development Thread

Actually turns out not to be a stripped servo as I thourght, Instead part Q4 the plate that holds the servo saver together was missing as thus it was slowly working itself apart. Had a quick rumage about for part Q4 but couldnt find it so Ive decided to make a temporary one till i get a couple of new servo savers also for the support truck.

Cheers

Ryck

Is that the Lexan version? Anybody know if the abs version also includes the rear spoiler?

I was thinking of going for that green scheme too, might have to find something different now.

I have an ABS version and it does have a rear spolier.

Its my slow next project after this one, Perhaps using front and rear solid axles :lol:

Cheers

Ryck

lol i wish id kept it & finished it but its long time gone now :lol: , it was the 1st batch of the abs ones keith made. the rear spoiler was moulded on with plastic weld & no filler was used just the p- weld it will not come off in a hurry ... the cockpit set looked the part along with the windows ..

i only sold it as i had 3 projects on the go , it was all built in 1 day start to finish ..

c.h

The dimensions of the bumper are:

Thickness: 1.25mm

Hieght: 60mm (approx.)

Width: 120mm

Depth: 35mm

I have a bunch laying around if you need them. If you pay for postage, they are yours if yours.

I can't tell you how helpful this thread has been. I am currently in the process of setting up a TB-02 to rally your well-documented project has provided me with many useful ideas that I can apply to my project. I was starting to have doubts about my choice of chassis, because there really aren't that many people making these type of modifications to the TB-02. I'll keep tweaking my car and waiting for the day that the snow clears :(. I'll post pics later - I need to convince my wife to let me pick up a new camera.

Cheers,

-Scott

Thats good to hear and your more than welcome. Just remember that with any modded rally car it will take more than the first attempt to get it right. I think I need to go back to a ball diff in the rear as my 2wd schlesser MO4L project has shown to be just how bad its turning circle actually is and also the fact that Im putting I think to much stress through the rear gearbox, espically with my driving style :L

Carking - I am going to turn down your bumpers as I think they are to wide and also as you will see from my own showroom on tc and the most uptodate pictures I have modified the front end (again).

cheers

Best Wishes

Ryck

Thats good to hear and your more than welcome. Just remember that with any modded rally car it will take more than the first attempt to get it right. I think I need to go back to a ball diff in the rear as my 2wd schlesser MO4L project has shown to be just how bad its turning circle actually is and also the fact that Im putting I think to much stress through the rear gearbox, espically with my driving style :L

Yes - I am beginning to understand that reality. Currently, on my short list is to mount my on/off switch, manufacture some sort of inner mud-flaps and get my alignment sorted out.

Well I would advise for the one off switch to as youve seen mount it the right way rnd so that on is in the bckward position. Also try to get it as flush with the chassis as possible.

Having changed to an Mtronicks marine esc with a shorter switch length so u can see in the pics the end of my switch doesnt poke out from the chassis. the result of this is that the switch is now much harder to get caught on things and turn off, unlike before when it poked out the side.

Alignment well I would start off with everything dead straight with 0 cambre and just a little toein for steering sharpness. then develop from there. Just watch the tyre wear with regards to your negative cambre on tarmac and also the your steering angle as you can start to scrub the tyres whereby you dont actually work them just drag them over the surface as you steer, results are less steering and bald tyres :@

For the inner mud flaps I would look at putting them onto the shell in a similar way to my splash guard,

best wishes

Ryck

I did get the switch mounted - notice that the switch is mounted backwards. I mounted it on the inside of the tub. I am also using the Mtronicks marine esc. Any suggestions on how to better waterproof and mount my receiver would be greatly appreciated (don't laugh at my current setup, it's ugly but it seems to be working).

onoffswitchmountedtt6.jpg

Still have not completed the inner mud-flaps - I would like to create them in a way so they are not to visible from outside the car.

sideshottr9.jpg

This reminds me that I still need to shave some material off the tub so I can get extra clearance, especially up front. It always makes me nervous to take a dremel to my cars.

apologises for my late reply. not had a real look at my threads for some time now.

in answer to the reciever my top tip would be a small box either custom made say a tuperware one or a splash style one from say hpi etc. you are never going to get it 100% waterproof but u can make it splash proof, besides your motor will give out first as its low down LoL

For the mudflaps I would use a splash guard and mount them on there, something I am going to be doing shortly to my touareg that now has a full ball diff in the rear tho the testing has not yet occured i hope to have cured the understeer coming from the locked rear diff.

With the dremel take your time and keep checking the fit so you dont overdo it.

Btw thats a very good looking ride you have there, I would just take some tiewraps to the wiring and split the cables out to control and motor as to avoid any interfearance.

best wishes

Ryck

If you are refering to the Larger metal ones used earlier on they are from junfac and are designed originally for crawlers and the like.

If they are the plastic ones then they are included in most kits tho often not used, try TT01/TB01/TL01 owners.

Cheers

Ryck