Sign in to follow this  
mike32

Re-re Hotshot

Hello there guys, just got my new Re-Re Hotshot today, wow...nice to see the hotshot live again. i never thought it would happen, and the hotshot being one of my all time favourites i just had to get one, and at $175USD i think thats pretty good.

For those who are intrested? Im gonna do a full in-depth review of the kit, comparing old to new parts as well as Tamiyas updates for the kit, i beleive {hopefully} i know what im talking about having rebulit 3 hotshots up from the grave. I hope the purpose of this is to supply information to newbies or anyone thinking of buying the kit, the pros and cons, the diffrence between the original 80s hotshots and the 21st century kit etc.

I'll post the review on my own website, for those who are intrested all they have to do is follow the updated urls. I hope it provides some intrest in hotshot lovers, like me and info to others

There will be no information for a few days, as i need time to plan my website etc, the first url should be coming soon. Thanks all. Mike30.

Hello there guys, just got my new Re-Re Hotshot today, wow...nice to see the hotshot live again. i never thought it would happen, and the hotshot being one of my all time favourites i just had to get one, and at $175USD i think thats pretty good.

For those who are intrested? Im gonna do a full in-depth review of the kit, comparing old to new parts as well as Tamiyas updates for the kit, i beleive {hopefully} i know what im talking about having rebulit 3 hotshots up from the grave. I hope the purpose of this is to supply information to newbies or anyone thinking of buying the kit, the pros and cons, the diffrence between the original 80s hotshots and the 21st century kit etc.

I'll post the review on my own website, for those who are intrested all they have to do is follow the updated urls. I hope it provides some intrest in hotshot lovers, like me and info to others

There will be no information for a few days, as i need time to plan my website etc, the first url should be coming soon. Thanks all. Mike30.

Hi, I've just ordered mine too from RC champ, can't wait to build it! I think I'll paint it in blue instead the classic red, to see something different..

Are ball bearings included? And what about front UJ?

Are ball bearings included? And what about front UJ?

Definitely neither are included in the kit.

- James

And what about front UJ?
UJs never existed for the Hotshot range, that's why it has the steering stops on the wishbones to limit the steering.

There were some unis released by hotbox for the original and I think some are coming for the rerelease

post-3743-1185963240.jpg

friend of mine runs Universals from the DT-02 or the DF-02 i forget which one but if you have these laying around it is worth a shot to see if they fit.

DF-02 Universals fit the Hot Shot,just got the info from my friend

Hi again..update, my nephew just received his Tamiya frog yesterday, hes only 8 and wants me to build it for him (he has no dad) so i guess its up to me to lend him a hand, so my Hotshot review will be delayed several days while i set his car up (then i can beat him around the track or street).. :) sorry about this first building pics will be posted on my website in a few days, its just sitting the in the box, cant wait to dig it out and start the review, till then cheers guys!

Mike30

Hi again..update, my nephew just received his Tamiya frog yesterday, hes only 8 and wants me to build it for him (he has no dad) so i guess its up to me to lend him a hand, so my Hotshot review will be delayed several days while i set his car up (then i can beat him around the track or street).. :lol: sorry about this first building pics will be posted on my website in a few days, its just sitting the in the box, cant wait to dig it out and start the review, till then cheers guys!

Mike30

I think mine will be in my hands in next week's beginning so I'll put some pics about building in my showroom too..by the way I've ordered ball bearings from Stella models! The car will be equipped with TEU-101 ESC and Sport Tuned motor, it should be quite fast, opinions about this combo?

I think mine will be in my hands in next week's beginning so I'll put some pics about building in my showroom too..by the way I've ordered ball bearings from Stella models! The car will be equipped with TEU-101 ESC and Sport Tuned motor, it should be quite fast, opinions about this combo?

My opinion ? Sounds like a good combo as I'll be using the exact same motor & esc myself :lol: .

Are you guys reading my mind? seems everybody plans the same upgrades...in my review (up-coming) i am planing full metal ball bearings setup for the car, and the sports tuned motor, this motor is quite fast and not badly priced. wow...we hotshot lover all think alike, hehe... :lol:

mike30.

Are you guys reading my mind? seems everybody plans the same upgrades...in my review (up-coming) i am planing full metal ball bearings setup for the car, and the sports tuned motor, this motor is quite fast and not badly priced. wow...we hotshot lover all think alike, hehe... :blink:

mike30.

I have only one little doubt. I think there will be a very little space for the electrics under the shell, do you think there will be problems to fit teu-101 ESC + a normal size receiver?

No there isn't much room, but im using a Tomahawk ESC,which is larger than Tamiyas ESC with rather large heat sinks on it, with a Sanwa receiver sitting next to it and fits in ok!

Just started my hotshot tonight....finally after building my nephews Frog, and founf Tamiya has included 4 metal bearings to go into the gearboxes, not enough, but they put some in..

Mike30.

Finally my car arrived yesterday! As it's a kit from Japan, ESC isn't included..but I have several of them.

Ball bearings haven't arrived yet, so this morning I've started with body (argh, I've never loved body works), I've cutted it and made holes..next step is painting it, in blue metallic, I think it will look stunning.

The car will be equipped with TEU-101 ESC and Sport Tuned motor, it should be quite fast, opinions about this combo?

I rebuilt 2 this week... equipped them with new TEU101BKs and SportTuned.

Even on 13T pinion, you'd be hard-pressed to reach topspeed indoors. The other runs a 15T pinion and is that little bit faster... the Hotshots seem to be pretty highly-geared imho.

After some running (indoors) the motor is warm but the ESC is pretty hot! Especially inside that sealed box... dunno if that's a too good idea.

Most RXes will fit OK. I put the ESC flat on the floor which leaves room in the MSC's hollow for the RX to stand upright. You could stand the ESC up I guess, if you wanted more real estate for the RX... RX's headroom is limited by the prop shaft running overhead.

If buying BB kits, best to get an extra 4x 850s ... for the old "Supershot" outdrives trick.

I fit these in my original Hotshot:

receiver (Tamiya version r132je):

1810_1.JPG

ESC (Novak 410-MXc):

http://www.teamnovak.com/download/instruct...0mxc_410m1c.pdf

The ESC was on the bottom with the heat-sinks directly below the propeller shaft. Then the receiver was on top of the ESC covered in thick foam tape for a secure fit. This is relatively large equipment. The motor is an old Kyosho LeMans 05 stock-style motor, so ESC heat isn't a problem with this 10-cell unlimited speed control... :blink:

just got a re-re 2 weeks ago ... and some ball bearings to replace the plastic ones ... looking forward to building it ... :)

would like to know mike30's review ...