Jimbo

Re Release Toyota Hi Hux

I won one through Rinkya today for 27000yen (115) .

27000 yen /112= US$241

Plus US$57 fees

Plus 25% of the actual overseas shipping.

It is not much less than eBay.

i got one last week by using rinkya and it was shipped EMS to me yestarday :angry: there is one on there with a buy it know price of 24500 yen = 103.45 at the mo

and there is one on ebay at 97000 yen = 420

just got to get a Hi-Lift or an old 3 speed to put it on know.

That Uk seller selling them as original. Never mention it is from re-issue body set. Hope none of TC member fall for that. But if you check the complete item, you can see someone bought the decal set for him for 50 pounds. Hope it is not one of us here.

27000 yen /112= US$241

Plus US$57 fees

Plus 25% of the actual overseas shipping.

It is not much less than eBay.

Fees came to $42. I estimate that the total cost is going to be 160. Its not cheap but it is cheaper than ebay. My original cost more and some of the parts (glass and lenses) are repro. Plus I had to strip it, so I'm happy with the re-re price.

1. 27000 yen /112= US$241

2. Plus US$15+15+27 fees=US$57

3. EMS shipping for a 1.75kg package from Japan to UK cost 4150 yen +25% Rinkya handling =5188yen/112=US$46

US$241+57+46=US$344.

=around 164

Fees came to $42. I estimate that the total cost is going to be 160. Its not cheap but it is cheaper than ebay. My original cost more and some of the parts (glass and lenses) are repro. Plus I had to strip it, so I'm happy with the re-re price.

Mine worked out with the shipping (EMS) 150 all in, i dont think thats too bad for what it is.i have had my invoice for the shipping and it was $69 about 34 and the commision was $39 about 19

i think you would have problems getting the decals and a nice origanal glass for that price let alone all the other little bits and bobs from what i've seen on eBay lately.

the other problem is spraying it to a standard that is good enough for the price of the shell. i might have to ask for someone to do the spraying for me (more exspence)

Mrfreezeuk

Mine worked out with the shipping (EMS) 150 all in, i dont think thats too bad for what it is.i have had my invoice for the shipping and it was $69 about 34 and the commision was $39 about 19

i think you would have problems getting the decals and a nice origanal glass for that price let alone all the other little bits and bobs from what i've seen on eBay lately.

the other problem is spraying it to a standard that is good enough for the price of the shell. i might have to ask for someone to do the spraying for me (more exspence)

Mrfreezeuk

Was your auction ended between 23000yen-24000yen?

Was your auction ended between 23000yen-24000yen?

yes it was 23000 yen

(23 000 Japanese yen body shell) + (39 US$ comision) + (70 US$ shipping) = 305.39700 U.S. dollars =153.350239 British pounds

Can someone please shed some light on this and advise what the theory is behind this? It is obvious that this looks retarded when sitting on the F350 High-Lift. Is Tamiya checking the marketing? Is this a test to see how fast they sell and for how much? Why is it only available in Japan? Why don't they just bring the entire truck back. The picture in the first post I thought was rigged!

Various reasons i think.Tamiya are a company who manufacture and sell stuff,Tamiya may of noticed the crazy high prices of these kits and parts so this limited re-issue slows prices down a little.

It gets much needed replacement parts out to collectors and enthusiasts and people who want to sell Tamiya stuff to make money (redistributes a little wealth)

Tamiya also see what is happening so it is great for company research.

The release was limited to only 60 kits(alledjedly) i would guess more like 60 per day of the show 4-5 days ? ,so a few hundred body sets were sold.

The chassis for the origional more than likely will not be made again,because it would cost an absolute fortune to manufacture metal kits again and retail would be astronomical to a point where the kit does not sell well,just like the first time Tamiya made them.

All the mainly metal 3speed kits were way ahead of their time,only the wealthy could afford to buy these kits then,the same is true now,even with the mainly plastic Ford F350 Hilift.

There were rumours the castings for the origional kits were destroyed but i rekon Tamiya could redo them if they wanted to or thought it was financially viable.

Hope that helps a bit.

There are three different places you can get this body set. Total last for 13 days. 13x60= 780

Can someone please shed some light on this and advise what the theory is behind this? It is obvious that this looks retarded when sitting on the F350 High-Lift. Is Tamiya checking the marketing? Is this a test to see how fast they sell and for how much? Why is it only available in Japan? Why don't they just bring the entire truck back. The picture in the first post I thought was rigged!

I found this and i think it looks ok but could do with beefing up a little ,bigger wheels and wheel widening might help even a body lift might help but i dont think it looks too bad.

does anyone have any information about the other cars in that photo? calsonic primera and datsun?

does anyone have any information about the other cars in that photo? calsonic primera and datsun?

I think the Datsun is a re-release lexan shell of the vintage model. there is a bit about it earlier in this post page 3 i think.

mrfreezeuk

So these things are the latest example of the occasional madness that occurs in our hobby. JR-RC sold his for 240. For a bodyset. Ludicrous.

And yes I do know that it's all about supply and demand and that people are entitled to spend their money on whatever they wish but it does not make it any less ludicrous.

So these things are the latest example of the occasional madness that occurs in our hobby. JR-RC sold his for 240. For a bodyset. Ludicrous.

And yes I do know that it's all about supply and demand and that people are entitled to spend their money on whatever they wish but it does not make it any less ludicrous.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid at that price. I wouldn't buy one for that.

I'd pay $80 AUD for that bodyset, no more than that.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid at that price. I wouldn't buy one for that.

I'd pay $80 AUD for that bodyset, no more than that.

At $80 AUD don`t think you will be getting one then lol. The problem is most folks can`t buy from Japan,never mind get there and buy in person,joining buyer sites such as Rynkya can be very troublesome.

So how many genuine Mountaineer bodysets have you seen for sale anywhere in the world over the last year or two? at 200 -250 they are still half price you could expect to pay for a genuine 1992 set.

I payed just under 200 for one, even though i know how much they cost at the show,it is a great bodyset and the classic 3 speeds cost shed loads of cash for a reason and the reason is,

is they are ace.

Keep looking though,$80 bargains are out there at carboot/garage sales(maybe) and you just might get lucky.

That datsun is awesome. Maybe they will bring out a Can am Lola bodykit for the Tamtech??? Oh man that would be so great B)

haha mounty sticker sets go for more than US$80... B)

That datsun is awesome. Maybe they will bring out a Can am Lola bodykit for the Tamtech??? Oh man that would be so great ;)

why bother?

the ace with that car is its chassis design & Tamiya engineering,

just putting the body on a plastic frame is a worse insult than Avante MkII.

besides, might be a North America thing but usually ppl elsewhere

usually don't even know about CanAm racing... :-P

Ok, you're a right. But I sold my Lola. It's body was more worse than worse, but I love the car so much. I want one back badly.

I can buy new build one, with a new unpainted bodyset for 350 euros. But that's a lot of money...

have to agree about the prices, it is silly money but to each his own. the mounty body set does NOT look good on the highlift chassis as is. it doesn't look like it belongs on there without some other mods; wheel/tires definately too small.

why bother?

Sorry but i have to disagree,the Tamtech Ferrari chassis is perfect for the 280ZX body,i bought 2,i never had the old chassis but love the body shape of the 280,i bet the new chassis will out perform the old one as well (it would be cool to see) and it also gets new bodys for those with origional chassis(all the same deal with the re-re Mountaineer bodyset) nostalgia sells.

Why make stuff in metal when plastic works just as well and is cheaper and easyer to manufacture,it also helps keep the prices down ,thus reaching a wider market.

More wealthy buyers can upgrade to metal or hop-up parts as they require.Plus it means there are more little manufacturers to make those parts(GPM,3 Racing,Kose +loads of others),more work for other companys/workers ect.

Tamiya`s philosophys are sound and that is part of why i rate them so highly.

Back on topic,my new re-re Mountaineer bodyset will rebuild my Shelfer Bruiser and i totally agree about the Mountaineer bodyset not being right for the F350 but they needed an excuse to release it(see Tamtech /Datsun 280zx argument),so they used the F350 for that excuse.Plus if you fit the Junfac chassis and RC Channel axles it is virtually all sexy metal anyway(bar the gearbox case)

Hopefully there will be more appropriate bodys available for the F350 very soon.

Gosh what a rant? ,i need to sit down. B)

I think I have to agree with this statement. It's indeedactually the nostalgia feeling that I want with that cars. Mostly the body does that job. I love those oldies because they don't look that mainstream.

Of course the chassis is also a piece of the nostalgia, but...

Sorry for getting so far off-topic.

Sorry ....,i bet the new chassis will out perform the old one as well (it would be cool to see) and it also gets new bodys for those with origional chassis(all the same deal with the re-re Mountaineer bodyset) nostalgia sells.

Why make stuff in metal when plastic works just as well and is cheaper and easyer to manufacture,it also helps keep the prices down ,thus reaching a wider market. ....Gosh what a rant? ,i need to sit down. B)

Sorry, but I currently race both a Can Am and Datsun today- Against F1 and other modern cars, indoor on carpet - and the there is absolutely no way a tamtech will outperform the RM chassis. Speedwise and hangling, you can forget it. Brushless or otherwise. Tamtechs are lovely models but they are not 1/12 racing models. Intergalactic difference!

I will buy a re re body for the datto after the hype has gone down. But people should know that the older bodies are made of much thicker lexan than late 80s n 90s bodies, and they last very well.

I'll post up some picts later.

Go Willy! Indeed! ;)B)