Sign in to follow this  
barroombrawler

Tamiya Volkswagen Race Touareg Kit Question

Is this chassis from this kit the exact same thing as the cc-01 from the wrangler kit 58141?

If it isnt what is different on it?

Im thinking on getting one for a wrangler top being these things are hard to find in mint condition or should I say new in box. lol! Plus parts are availble for it and I wouldnt be dishing out big bucks for something that is used or old. B)

Just my thoughts let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Is this chassis from this kit the exact same thing as the cc-01 from the wrangler kit 58141?

If it isnt what is different on it?

Im thinking on getting one for a wrangler top being these things are hard to find in mint condition or should I say new in box. lol! Plus parts are availble for it and I wouldnt be dishing out big bucks for something that is used or old. B)

Just my thoughts let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

The Touareg is a long wheelbase version of the XC01 (Wrangler etc).

Longer driveshaft, otherwise I believe the same. The tub has both long and short wheelbase mounting holes already on it, so you just change where you attach the rear axle.

Is the volks' chassis considered a XC(cross country) chassis that usually came with the locker for locking the front & rear diffs? Or will you have to makeshift the gears in it if you wanted to lock the diffs.?

I believe the kit comes with the rear locker only.

Sorry, mine is sitting unbuilt in my garage so I can't answer with total confidence.

The Touareg kit comes with the option parts to lock one diff only. This is done using parts (two off G5) of the G-Parts tree.

If you wish to lock the second diff, either buy another G Parts tree for these two parts or see my showroom for Polymorph (low temperature thermoplastic) option.

Mud.