Sign in to follow this  
g4rthy

Sherman Or Pershing?

Hi,

I have decided that due to the fact my wife will be busy for the next 20 odd weeks watching X-Factor I'm going to build a tank kit! lol.

I have got a King Tiger and Tiger that were already built so I want an Allied tank for the collection. I would like peoples opinion on which kit to go for; Sherman or Pershing?

Thanks in advance!!

Tim

I would say , Pershing.

Whee bit bigger, and personaly like the lower profile better.

Also, a bit more "build" time, as there are more details on the tank.

Not that the Sherman is bad, but the Pershing has just more parts on the outside in real life.

The full option sound is insane,

the only "but" on the kit is, hard to make the turret rotation work good, as everything

is a tight fit under there.

In the end, of course , the Perhing is a bit more expencive,

but.. worth the extra ( imho )

Stefan

I would say , Pershing.

Whee bit bigger, and personaly like the lower profile better.

Also, a bit more "build" time, as there are more details on the tank.

Not that the Sherman is bad, but the Pershing has just more parts on the outside in real life.

The full option sound is insane,

the only "but" on the kit is, hard to make the turret rotation work good, as everything

is a tight fit under there.

In the end, of course , the Perhing is a bit more expencive,

but.. worth the extra ( imho )

Stefan

Thanks for the advice Stefan. I had read that the inside is rather tight. I do like them, even considered buying one from HI-LUX but I really want to have a go building one from scratch. Do you think that because it will be my first kit the sherman would be an easier option?

Cheers,

Tim

At your service ;)

Nah, exept the space problem there's nothing more easy or hard on both the kits,

only the Pershing has one extra option,

and that is gun-recoil, the Sherman does not have that and if not mistaken, can be controlled by a 2 channel kit

instead of the needed 4 channel for all other tanks, including the Pershing.

Just don't expect to slap the kit together like a TT-01 or something like this,

this build should sit out your wife's x-factor show B)

Btw.. plenty of Shermans in tc anyway... get a Pershing :)

Stefan

Thanks Stefan,

Pershing it is. :) I was thinking of ordering from Fusion as they offer members discount? Is that where you other guy's go?

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Stefan,

Pershing it is. ;) I was thinking of ordering from Fusion as they offer members discount? Is that where you other guy's go?

Cheers,

Tim

Cool :)

As i am not from the uk, fusion is not intresting for me price-wise, gbp => euro is a expencive conversion,

That is ashamed, as sometimes fusion has some really nice kits laying around.

So i order my kits 95% of the time with Stellamodels. , the rest from JR-RC, and sometimes from Rainbowten or rc-champ

( Stellamodels, they have 1 in stock right now )

But, the border crossing ( import cost ) is compared to the hong kong => uk , quite relaxed and less expencive :P

Just don't forget to install ballbearings on first build, and a aftermarket track tention kit is recommend.

Stefan

Cool <_<

As i am not from the uk, fusion is not intresting for me price-wise, gbp => euro is a expencive conversion,

That is ashamed, as sometimes fusion has some really nice kits laying around.

So i order my kits 95% of the time with Stellamodels. , the rest from JR-RC, and sometimes from Rainbowten or rc-champ

( Stellamodels, they have 1 in stock right now )

But, the border crossing ( import cost ) is compared to the hong kong => uk , quite relaxed and less expencive ;)

Just don't forget to install ballbearings on first build, and a aftermarket track tention kit is recommend.

Stefan

Right!!.......

Pershing is on order from Stella! I also ordered the metal ballbearings from them as well. Where would you go for the idler? I have seen tham at Tank Zone.....

Also, what paint etc should i get while I'm waiting for the kit? I'm guessing Olive drab!! lol and lots of it!

Cheers,

Tim

Really should get some kind of procentage from stella lol

Olive drab maistro, -plenty of it- , used 6 can's on mine, but i am a "overspray king" , more paint everywhere else

then on the subject in question. <_<

and a couple of yars of the small stuff,

best to check the manual ( after that, plenty of time to order.. got some building to do fist )

Tankzone would be fine, good pricing to, and check out there other gizmo's for the pershing ;)

-gone with the wind....-

Stefan

Really should get some kind of procentage from stella lol

Olive drab maistro, -plenty of it- , used 6 can's on mine, but i am a "overspray king" , more paint everywhere else

then on the subject in question. :)

and a couple of yars of the small stuff,

best to check the manual ( after that, plenty of time to order.. got some building to do fist )

Tankzone would be fine, good pricing to, and check out there other gizmo's for the pershing :D

-gone with the wind....-

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

lol on the paint! Will visit TankZone and order some bits! Also looking at radio gear; do you rate their package?

Cheers,

Tim

Can't say anything usefull about the packing, as i "use" a frind to get my tank stuff,

"a local thing"

But, rumours say, it is good < kughhhh >

Saw you got the Pershing, so why on earth reading this?

You should be building & getting high on glue fumes right now..

Stefan

Guest joelvardy

little bit late on this post :rolleyes:

but the persing is a great model and I am sure you will enjoy it!

little bit late on this post :rolleyes:

but the persing is a great model and I am sure you will enjoy it!

Thanks, and thanks Stefan....... had slight hitch........ Tamiya recalled all paint!! lol Has taken me a few days and a few in phone costs to locate 4 cans of Olive Drab!! should arrive this week along with suspension upgrade parts from Tank Zone so I will start building this week. I have decided that I will start a blog and as I am a novice... pester you guys for advice etc. and post it on the blog. That way it could be a bit of a laugh as well as give some other less experienced modellers a helping hand.

UPDATE!

Just been told that two cans are now not in stock so that leaves me with only two!!! Just posted in sales forum to see if anyone has any for sale. LOL

Thanks, and thanks Stefan....... had slight hitch........ Tamiya recalled all paint!! lol Has taken me a few days and a few in phone costs to locate 4 cans of Olive Drab!! should arrive this week along with suspension upgrade parts from Tank Zone so I will start building this week. I have decided that I will start a blog and as I am a novice... pester you guys for advice etc. and post it on the blog. That way it could be a bit of a laugh as well as give some other less experienced modellers a helping hand.

UPDATE!

Just been told that two cans are now not in stock so that leaves me with only two!!! Just posted in sales forum to see if anyone has any for sale. LOL

Ridiculously late to this thread but...Pershing all the way! :rolleyes: Purrs around beautifully and sounds awesome. Sorry, not the in depth, advice loaded answer of many but it's my tuppence worth!