Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all!!!

I thought it could be cool to have a thread where you can wright out your happines, anger or what not....

Try to keep this topic up every day!

You have to end your writing with "So, What have you done today?"

So the next dude can tell everybody what he's been up to!!!

Tamiya related of course!!! (forgot that so edited)

I'll start:

Today I added decals on my new WW2 body!!!

Hopefully It gonna' look awesome!!! :)

PICT0164.jpg

More pics when finnished!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Relaxed at home a bit, watched some football, browsed ebay and started to mask of the windows for my merc shell for my predator.

DSC01478.jpg

So, what have you done today?

• Like 4

Today I've browsed this site, e-bay and other rc- forums....

then I tried to solve the problems of my Baja King, and I realized the the servo was working not properly...

not a good day....

please guys, can you read and reply to my post in "evrything electric"? I need some help!!!!!

Put a TB01 rally car, and Losi mini LST up for sale.

Figured it's pretty obvious I'm never going to do a thing to them, so might as well cash up and get some more garage space out of it.

Losi XXCR, Hummer, and a bodyless TA01 (?) Stadium truck next on the market.

I can then actually get around to building the Touareg and Brat, possibly resto the Pajero hardtop basket case.

Today I aquirred a Nitro truggy with a dodge Charger body. I dont know what make it is, but I may find out what it is tomorrow when its original body is brought round by the friend I brought it from. Also on tomorrows agenda is to drill the body mount holes on the charger body, Get some Dr Pepper as Ive had a craving for days and to top it off finish updesigning some Dr Pepper decals I wanted to make

Today I installed my MFU on my High lift. Jees, that's pretty sophisticated. Lots of work, but when it's done it really awesome. Only problem at the moment is that since my MFU is in it he's not really wanting to steer. After all that work that makes me really frustrated.

So, what have you done today?

Went to a mini show at santa pod drag race track. we took the m03 rover mini cooper racing along which attracted a few smiles!

It didn't rain during the day, but the fields around the drag race strip were seriously muddy. Some great minis were on show and on the race track. Shame about the mud, which would have been perfect for my highlift or txt-1 :)

so, what have ya done today???

• Like 1

......checked this website tried to source the best Hotshot deal online. Monster_Beetle - yeah the MFU can be a bit of a pain to set up. I'm not totally convinced about the MFU to be honest, having used it for a while now the novelty has worn off a bit. It makes maintenance to the truck a pain in the back side as you need to fight through all those wires and it limits you to a Sport tuned motor at the most. But what really gets me is that you can't get your truck dirty or anywhere near water which kind of defeats the purpose of having an off road vehicle as capable as the High Lift.

Anyway rant over

What have you done today?

Kept checking here to see if anyone has answered my request for chassis dimensions for the standard and LWB Mardave Meteor.

Kept checking E-Bay to see if there's any Mardave Meteor wheels come up for sale as mine hasn't any.Anyone got a spare set?,fronts and rears?

Did the above during the breaks in fitting a new laminate floor to the living room and hall(I would have preferred to have stripped and rebuilt the Meteor's front end and gearbox.

Miggers :)

Today, Markellie, Afroclown and myself fixed our Df-03s and got them back up and running. We set up a figure-8 track in the backyard to race. However, my diff's thrust bearing broke (somehow) and was out for the race. However, Mark let me drive his Df-02 to race. The df02 only had a 27 turn while the Df03s had 19turns, but I have high quality packs so they extra punch enabled me to keep up with them. It was very fun- although Im dissapointed about my rear diff. Both my cars are down =(

• Like 1

Stripped down the Vintage Porsche 959 I picked up last week, noting down the parts I need to source to rebuild it properly. As expected more than I at first though!

Well ,today i won another front axle for my Blazer restoration as one of the knuckles was broken on the chassis when i got it and to buy a knuckle on its own is just about impossible.I have also built up the roof wing today , so it is now ready for the paint prep , and its looking real tasty- as they do :P .I've also been asking around for Blazer parts here and there so if anyone has a Blazer steering column for sale please let me know ;) Its been a good day for me - so what did you do today? :)

Ordered a Hi Lift from stella

Fitted alloy servo mounts to my rally m03

Took the Thundershot out for a spin (great car and i did not brake my A5!)

Cleaned Thundershot

Finished putting the stickers on my polly re re brat shell

Painted the window edges on the hard re re brat shell

Changes oil in lunchbox shockers to a softer type

posted this post!

So,

this morning,

- I payed the Hitec 625 MG Servo I won in ebay at 3am whilst asleep.

- Entered some evaluations of my latest purchases (TA 05 ball differential set, TB-01 long arm + full bearing + metal steering set)

- Posted a new topic in the vintage forum looking for a metal axle hop up kit for my hilux

- And from time to time take a look at my email (in the office since 8am)

Today:

Found out that my TT-01 isn't wanting to drive anymore

Found out that the steering servo in my High-lift isn't working well anymore. It has let's say only the functions steer on or off... (I'll never buy digital servo's anymore)

Payed my 60 euro NIB chrome pumpkin from the bay.

P.s. forgot to post my oldschool threespeeding vid at my post yesterday:

I'm actually at work working ;) taking care of contractors, sorting out my plans for the week :)

On the hobby side of things, I'm arranging to pick up bearhawk + falcon. Not sure what to do with them, maybe I'll put it up for sale on TC. Also I'm looking to buy some paint brushes so I can start painting the Avante Driver I got.

Not much r/c related today im afraid. I did get two sets of servosaver sprues delivered, after a second chance offer on ebay. Yes, i forgot. i got a big bump on the head after tripping on the NIB Bruiser i have on the hobby room floor. When i hit the floor, my new built Hilux rolled off the shelf and hit my head. Got to get rid of those dangerous cars soon

Not much r/c related today im afraid. I did get two sets of servosaver sprues delivered, after a second chance offer on ebay. Yes, i forgot. i got a big bump on the head after tripping on the NIB Bruiser i have on the hobby room floor. When i hit the floor, my new built Hilux rolled off the shelf and hit my head. Got to get rid of those dangerous cars soon

Nevermind your head!!! What happened to the Hilux?!!!

Nope sorry, just trickin' with 'ya!!!

Today I washed the dirt of my old MB. Manage to break the lower front shock mount <_<

Hopefully new parts from da bay!!!

Badboy

• Haha 1

Just coming upstairs from the basement....

- have installed a long arm set on my TB-01 Subaru which is currently being hopped up.

- found that the long arms have too much play in the hinge to the gearbox resulting in too much horizontal wheel movement. So I widened the mounting wholes and replaced the 3mm diameter steel bar by 4mm diameter aluminum ones for the attachment. Play is gone:-)

- then I increased the suspension height to the maximum the dogbones allow for (just to mention that I modified the complete steering assembly to reduce play and increase turn rate over the whole last week....)

- then I fixed the leaking damper on my Team Losi Mini Baja which had spoiled the living room floor (luckily, I could clean the mess before my girl friend saw it....

- did a trial and found that my Pure Ten Panoz chassis from Kyosho fits perfectly under the lately ebayed Corvette Stingray 1/8 scale plastic body (Revell) - just some fender work to be done to adjust to the really nice wide slicks... This is going to be a blasting Rc model... but one after the other....

- before leaving paradise, took a quick glance at my Hirobo Jealousy...

- and I carried two boxes of fruit- and water bottles upstairs since we don't not have anything non-alcoholic left in the kitchen....

Started the day with a cup of coffee.. Then outside, emptying my car from last nights RC-racing.. Entire trunk and backseat full of stuff..

Put the stuff into the workshop, and figuring out what to do..

Started up by installing electronics into the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 i got yesterday.. LRP Sphere /Reedy Neo star3 BL combo, and Hitec servo and Sanwa recieved.. Setup the radiogear, and back on the shelf.

Onto the internet.. Checkout TC and other related sites.. Nothing there. <_<

Back into the workshop.. Cut and prep an Interceptor B4 shell for paint.. Clean it, and paint it afterwards.. Comtemplating installing radiogear into the Hilux.. Message from a friend.. New F-350 beadlock rims has arrived from Korea.. Dinnertime, coffeetime and internet...

So what have YOU done today...

Spent the day trying to get the nitro to start, Glow plug was a bit duff so we are trying again tomorrow with advice from Models in motion in mind. The rest of the day has been spent sorting out the Dodge Charger shell, for which Ive just finished the Decals for on the PC, I just need to find the right stuff to print it on. The Nitro is a Silver snake. Also Ive been working on the little bro's Boomerang which needs some soldering done after the previos botch job was done. Idunno if some people like being atristic but making what appears to be model turds out of solder on the points is a bit stupid.

Nevermind your head!!! What happened to the Hilux?!!!

Nope sorry, just trickin' with 'ya!!!

Today I washed the dirt of my old MB. Manage to break the lower front shock mount ;)

Hopefully new parts from da bay!!!

Badboy

Haha, actually when somthing like that happens to me I really don't care about my head. But only about what has happened to the car... <_<

But a little update on what I've done. I made a nice drawinf for a servoplate to fit on my high lift axle for the steering. And Ant88 just milled it for me :)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...99&id=13706

• Like 1