Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have chosen to not tell my girl friend all my purchases. She is not so interested into the tec stuff and cars, so she cannot rationalize what drives me to hit the 'buy' button. She would never waste her money on 'toy stuff' - besides the wide spread female clothes- and shoe desease; those are basic requirements for her life.

On the other hand, she bought a 1:1 Mini Cooper Cabrio last year which she payed cash. (Am I doing something wrong???)

Yesterday:

- agreed with a TC member to buy his TRA03-RS with a nice Porsche body with beautifully looking wide Kawadas

- have found a Tomahawk body I was looking for (repro, but still a Tomahawk) - thanks to the German TC member!

- have found some sets of racing and rally tires/wheels for my Porsche 959

- started building the Kyosho Cobra Nostalgic kit, but realized the old proline Auminum wheels have a smaller diameter on the front. Not a good idea with a-4 wheel driven Chassis. I have some Super Ten Wheels sitting around, will try to combine the original Halibrand wheels from the kit with the super ten outer rims...

This morning:

- got myself a hot air blower to modify (widen) the fenders of my Polycarbonate Corvette body to fit the Kyosho Super Ten Panoz Chassis...

I ran my blue chassie MB today!!!

Forgot that the front arms where broken!!! :D

It just fell apart!!! :)

So, What Have You Done Today?

Badboy

Ant suggestion on andy red color?

Today I had a little fight about my Lola with somebody who had bought it. And told me 3 months ago he had transferred the money, two weeks went, and still no money I sent him a remember e-mail. This happened 5 times. And now I really got *******, tols him that I hated that laying to me. And am a happy man now because I still have my Lola, now let's search for a good body :)

I was actually really blue that I sold it. But now I still have it :D:);)

So, what have you done today?

Well today I rode one of my dads trials bikes around the woods at his work and flew my helicopter around and killed a set of rotor blades on it.

I also rewired my rock crawler and installed a reciever battery pack. I now has a lot more power and run time which is great. I think I may have to swap the magnetic mayhems out for lathe motors though as its a bit to lively.

Tupers

Today it's been more work with the 6mm ali for the rear cage on my Ranger.

I also made a set of turned ali yokes to bolt the shocks to the roll cage.

Assembled the front & rear suspension, a coilover conversion using GPM Mini-T shocks.

Here's a teaser pic of the rear mount

I have chosen to not tell my girl friend all my purchases.

I have the same policy, but, as they're all coming through the living room for me to take photo's of them so I can sell them ... well, it is a little hard to disguise how many I have accumulated.

She commented "I didn't realise you had THIS many".

Lucky she doesn't realise there's another six in the garage, only some of which she knows about :)

Today I didnt do much R/C realated stuff aprt from look at a few bits and pices in Time tunnel. Tomorow or the soonest time the weather is good Im going to give the nitro a good run and the Falcon also If I remember to charge up the 1900 or get a mate to come along with a couple of spares

Today it's been more work with the 6mm ali for the rear cage on my Ranger.

I also made a set of turned ali yokes to bolt the shocks to the roll cage.

Assembled the front & rear suspension, a coilover conversion using GPM Mini-T shocks.

Here's a teaser pic of the rear mount

Hi mate,

this yoke looks nice. What lathe / milling machine do you have ?

Yesterday - not a lot.

- assembled and installed the aluminum rear diff in my TA-05 (plastic diff was melted by my brushless Vector X11 combo)

- After 45 min I had to come back to the kitchen and show some care and interest in dishwashing... - not an efficient Tamiya day :)

Ive been on Ebay looking for a Mini Cooper Monte Carlo, again. Have been on and off for years now about buying one. They look great, but i rarely get any time to drive on road cars. Theres no good place nearby. Ok i could just drive in the street, but i need a decent parking lot at least. Nowadays i have a fairly good off road site actually. This sunday im going to a place thats ok, if theres no cars parked there. So i guess ill be going up early in the morning with my 850BTCC and my newly hopped up 934. CVAs and a sporttuned is installed now, and i havent even tried it yet. Its going to be great, unless it rains.

So what have you done today?

Hi mate,

this yoke looks nice. What lathe / milling machine do you have ?

Thanks. :(

Currently I'm using Sieg machines, C0 lathe & X1 Super Micro Mill but I hope to upgrade to a larger lathe with more turning power:

600517_l.jpg010061_l.jpg

Thanks. :(

Currently I'm using Sieg machines, C0 lathe & X1 Super Micro Mill but I hope to upgrade to a larger lathe with more turning power:

600517_l.jpg010061_l.jpg

Thanks for the info:-)

I had planned to invest into a set (Optima or WABECO most likely) as well, but then the 2 limited anniversary Porsche, the Hirobo Jealousy, the NIB Countach, the Wrangler, the sand Scorcher, the Hilux, the Ultimas, the XR311, the other Countach CS, the Porsche 58001 spares, and 15 others and tons of hop ups and vintage spares used up my budget.

And now we are saving for a LCD TV first - my telly is 15 years old...

But I will get them - next year... basement is too small anyhow. Good to see some real hand makers are around....

Today I:

- Went to a local club, tried out my Mercedes C11 that has been sitting on a shelf at my home for like 12 years, discovered it had absolutely awful steering, managed to complete 2 laps or so without running it into the grass, discovered my old delta peak charger is FUBAR (doesn't really charge packs), and went home again.

- Sorted out the steering problem, checked the steering for binding, freed things up a bit, swapped the servo (possible culprit #1), and discovered there was a massive amount of play in the servo-saver (possible culprit #2).

So tomorrow I'll go to the hobby shop to get a new charger and a new servo saver.

Today, in the morning, I went to the shop and I took my Baja King with the new servo, the new ESC ( a Mantua Models' one) and the new receiver (a Hitech)!

then, when I arrived home, I tried it and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the afternoon I helped my father to assembly the motor of a Porsche 356 :( in scale 1:1 :o

Today, in the morning, I went to the shop and I took my Baja King with the new servo, the new ESC ( a Mantua Models' one) and the new receiver (a Hitech)!

then, when I arrived home, I tried it and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the afternoon I helped my father to assembly the motor of a Porsche 356 :( in scale 1:1 :o

complimenti value!

got a spare body for a f103gt it's coming...an arta NSX...

got a spare body for my XC touareg...a touareg to be painted in an alternative scheme

Ordered the new front steering for my MB...

Soon I'll drive it again!!! :(

Badboy

So, What have you done today?

I payed the (original) new unpainted complete Datsun 280zx bodyset. :(

(and got some salary, also not unimportant :o)

Today I brought two cans of Mica Silver TS for my Aeromax and completed some more work on my TXT-1 and Avante restoration. How EXCITING my life is.

Yesterday day I worked on the nitro, Ive fixed the throttle but I need to adjust the idle screw or somthing as it cuts out after idleing for only a few seconds. To top it off I had to work on it with a badly sprained wrist as it was the only Sunshine we've had since Sunday when I got the car.

Took the FAV and kyosho seawind yacht to a big lake and played. Beaties bag is so practical!

Sailed for over 3 hours. THAT is relaxing r/c.

Just need a Tamiya Yamaha to take along too.... anybody got one you don't want/use?

So, what did you dooooo today? :):D

Bought a new charger (Graupner Ultramat 15), servo saver, charger lead, and some velcro tape. Ordered a Top Force undercowl. Used new charger to charge an old racing pack that I thought to be dead to 1.5 the capacity written on the label :)

Went out for a bash with eddystone AKA rich and Rob AKA Rob,and run 3 clods,dark impact,keen hawk,tb01 rally.astute,super boomer,super dooper shot,350 hi lift,staduim thunder,ezilla,wild dagger I think that was it :D .

And the best of it was none of them came back broken :) result.

I would have taken mine out today for a bit of a laugh but my wrist is playing up something rotten from yesterdays fettling. Tonight around 8pm I think Ill put my 1900 to charge so if the Nitro dosent want to work at least there is still my forever faithful Falcon to drive and scare the living daylights out of the little chavs who decide to dump themselves down in the middle of the Field.

I got my Ebay win through today - a replacement axle for my Blazer :D , i only needed a knuckle from it as one of mine was broken, but this the only way i could get one , now i have a spare too :) .I'll be cleaning this axle up and having it chromed up in time with the rest of the chassis parts , should look good. Oh yeah ,and i saved a Lunchbox kit box from a skip death

So what have you done today ?

Yesterday:

- first fit of my Vette body to the Kyosho SupertTen chassis. Heating and widening of the whel arch and fenders

- recieved the Kubelwagen 1/9 kit - use the engine for my beach buggy...

Today:

- second round vette body final fender work, start plastic interiour adaptation (want to take over as much as possible from the platic kit...)