Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I looked at my Kyosho 1/20 Ultima wondering if I should build it, then went on Craig's List and found a Wild Willy that I may buy and someone with Tamiya parts that is sending me pic's later. (Hoping they are older parts).

What have you done today?

Collected a few bits i won on Ebay from the seller who lives not far away from me. :huh: Got a few parts machined up for my Blazer brushguard, and received 2 repro A parts for it from Jim Sourbeck :lol: , and it still sunny here :D -

so what have you done today?

ive just bought a house and have been moving.first load was all my rc gear.

looked at the room where they are to live and gave it a sweep.room needs some work.its a 2 level house and the buggy room is downstairs.it needs sealing up properly and painting and an aircon in the future.

anyway, 4 ute loads and 2 trailer loads so far and we have gotten most of the large gear moved,what a mission.now its getting all the small **** and putting it in boxes or whatever so we can clean the old house up and get the bond back.cant wait to just be finished moving,and sit back on the verandah with a Jim can and listen to the silence.

next doors dog almost lives at our place which makes my life hard,its friendly but i have 3 dogs myself and the yard has no fences as yet.so i put them out on a runner but with the other dog wandering around freely, mine get jelous.so a fence has got to go up soon.1 acre block is a large fence lol.

gona be a while before i get to bust out the buggies but i might try get the TNX 5.2 up to race in townsville on sunday next week.

what did you do today?

Yesterday I charged all my batteries and prepped my cars for the dutch bashers meeting today. Took some money from my bankaccount to pay for some cars. And last but not least I got A Sand Scorcher. Yeeehaaaa, a dream came true. I'm such a happy bloke now at the moment. Just sent the payment for it (thanks tamiya_mike)

P.s. that avante looks nice. Good job you've done there.

Nothing really with RC over the weekend.

We traveled from Frankfurt to France to join a fiends wedding celebration. Quite a badword of a trip, but is was worth each minute.

When picked up by father in law I opened the trunk and I had to make room for the luggage. Several packages had arrived for me over the weekend:

- From Jason: M chassis chrome BBS wheels and rally tires and a set of slicks

- A Tamtech Porsche 934 body set

- The Kyosho Nostalgic GT 40 body set

- the Flycamone; I hope to make some nice movies soon

my f103gt advan has just been delivered.

now it's in my car, i want to go home NOW!

but i have to work till late today. i'll see my home at 22pm. sigh

Had a good chance to really get some time in on the baja, swopped out the esc and motor that were fitted to the car, fitted/soldered new conecters on the ripmax esc and fitted the pro-stock motor, was good fun. Not thought of myself as a bit of an rc geek but i could see me becoing one very quickly :D

Only hit one snag and that was i hadn't tightened up the grub screw very well and it came loose spinning off the cog on the motor, so gott take it all apart agian 2morrow nite and fix that lol

Starting to get some designs together for the respray aswell, thou thinking of buying a new baja champ shell to do it on as this one is battered and would be good to have a rough shell for bashing about with

Cleaned of all my cars from dust and cat hair!

Manage to ruin the paint on my RR body :D

So i have to repaint it or just leave it as it is...

Where thinking of get the the edges after the tape, so I sanded it of with 1000 grid.

The edges got silverish on the Blue metallig paint.

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Let's see..... today.... today.........

- Received and described in my showroom my Isuzu Mu Type X from Bakaguyjean. Lots of fun to be had there I'm certain!

- Posted off my TA02 FRP chassis Celica GT4 road car, to buyer in QLD. Hope they're happy, filled box with bubbles and bubblewrap...

- Posted eBay auction Frewer MG Metro 6R4 shell to the UK.... just about last one left.... with postage costs and the like, fair to say that TC guys got a great deal with the ones I sent over previously!!

- Stripped bushings from my Schumacher Shotgun truck, replaced with bearings. Snapped driveshaft uni mount, so off to the spares bin again...

- Planned a few upcoming parts sales...

So, what have you done today???

Yesterday

Soldered the wiring onto my new ESC and installed two new 19t motors into my Twin Detonator. Soldering is a bit like I did in metal work at school (need more practice), but it works!

Had a look on ebay for a new shell and found a HPI Baja, that I might bid on

tonight i'm hoping to get my pajero working again, it's been sitting looking sorry ever since i stole the esc and reciever to put them in my newest purchase, a used Wild Dagger. reciever aerial was broken anyway so will be fitting a complete new reciever i bought a couple of weeks ago. might refit the winch to the pajero too ;)

i haven't run it for a while but i was chatting to someone at the Land Rover show about LR shells, so i might get one of those (i've seen the ad on the trade rooms for the original shell) or a kamtec shell. i'm also part way through building a box for my PC gear shifter, so i have to split my time

Matt

Recent Activities..

Yesterday

Ordered and Paid for a set of ball bearings for the RZ motor.

Stripped out the ball diff from my GTR Skyline TA01 chassis,

in preparation for it to be fitted into the front of the BMW M3 TA01 (Which SHOULD be here later this week)

Today

Went in to the bearing supply store to pick up my bearing order..

And they were sent to a completely different city to the one I actually live in... Morons

Received an E-Mail that y set of TA01 ball bearings has been shipped. (Whoo.. more RC parts due at the end of the week.)

Got some more paint from my LHS.

Otherwise not much.

Haven't desided if I'll stripp the RR body and start all over or not...

So, What have you done toady?

Badboy

Bought bulk quantites of stainless screws, nuts 2mm pins etc,

If anyone needs any 2mm pins I needed a minimum order quantity so I have 200 !!

They fit hex drives, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle + relatives & SRB primary gears (I'm sure they fit other stuff too)

I also packaged another Bolt Up Cage for chef_bikes ;)

Finished the building of my Mini and cutted the mini body, only needing paint now. So went to the hobby shop for paint and found out that I had the wrong creditcard with me, so no paint yet. Started building the Porsche, and found out that a mini servo won't fit. So when I was at the hobby shop I ordered a TSU-02 servo.

Did a test drive with the mini, and my diff was clicking, rebuild it several times but it wouldn't work. And something strange happened I lost control because of interference, the mini smashed into a wall (luckily enough only a rim dented) and the diff works fine now.

Oh, and emailed with dinball about my pumpkin I bought from the bay. He was going to check if it was still there, and otherwise I will get a refund...

Took my twin detonator out for a spin in the street earlier tonight, to test new esc and motors. Seems to be working well, and certainly has a decent turn of speed ;)

Also cut the wheel arches on the shell a bit wider, and raised the shell up a bit on the posts. Still looking for a new one though.

Rotated Pajero shell in its lasagne tray full of brake fluid. Gold paint gradually coming off. Turns out it was a metallic blue under that gunk.

Not much yet, but the 2A6 is on the charger to do a bit of warfare in the back garden :unsure:

Did found a nice parcel from the postmen, RCboys send me some nice goody's,

facelift for the Losi mini-t ( body, oil shocks, wheels & tires )

Paddle tires for the Formula offroad project ( now the chassis to sort ... )

And, while doing my at-the-coffee trawl on ebay, found this on the German Ebay,

to pricy for me, but love the idea !

A F-350 highlift with tracks :lol:

rups_f350_1.jpg

rups_f350_2.jpg

rups_f350_3.jpg

So, what have you done today ??

post-2771-1189595252.jpg

post-2771-1189595260.jpg

post-2771-1189595266.jpg

So far I have received another set of RC4WD mudslinger tyres this set destined for my 3 speed. Ordered 8 packs of 1400 battery packs for Erica and my Tamtechs and FTX Blazes. Just sat here contemplating how many lights to fit to my Clod (2 tail, 2 headlights, front spotlights, and some on chassis), anyone got any spare leds (with attached leads and plugs?)

So what have you done today?

Yesterday I ran my 17 year old Vanquish at the track for the first time ever (it's only ever been run in the street & yard). To my surprise it performed flawlessly with no breakage, and actually out jumped my brothers 19T Method-R V2 powered Rising Storm (which always noses down on take-off). The Vanquish was fitted with Top-Force/DF-02 wheels & tires, Avante ball-race steering, Full bearings, hi-cap dampers, hi-cap option rear springs, Super-Stock TZ motor w/ 19T AV pinion and vintage Tekin TSC-408 sport ESC.

Go Vanquish!!! :unsure:

Yesterday:

Sorted the basement shifting boxes back and forth. I hate reality; there's finally no value in trying to stick 20 boxes in a shell which can only take 10. I tried it for more than 1 hour but had to admit that physical principles of volume and space are stronger :lol:

This morning:

Customs: picked my NIB 1999 German Rally Subaru kit and the Doyusha 1/12 Countach from Customs. the Subaru will be come a shelf queen, and the Lambo will be used to detail my RC model as much as possible.

last night...

rebuild the rear gears of my DF03

tonight will be the front gears and hopefully refill shocks too....