Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What have I done?

My Mazda 787b turned up today,

So that was a trip to the post office to pick it up.

Ordered a Re-Re Hotshot from Stella,

and the BMW M3 SHNITZER I won off E-Bay should be here tomorrow,

Now I need to go shopping for a Digi-Camera so I can start building my Showroom here,

and make a photo gallery of the Builds of the 787b and Hotshot.

So I mention that I'm now Broke again?.. :unsure:

Hi all!!!

I thought it could be cool to have a thread where you can wright out your happines, anger or what not....

Try to keep this topic up every day!

You have to end your writing with "So, What have you done today?"

So the next dude can tell everybody what he's been up to!!!

Tamiya related of course!!! (forgot that so edited)

I'll start:

Today I added decals on my new WW2 body!!!

Hopefully It gonna' look awesome!!! :unsure:

PICT0164.jpg

More pics when finnished!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Hi! I chose you to ask this question based on your proflie picture. I recently purchased a ford ranger xlt but no manual will be included. I ordered a rough rider manual from ebay in hopes that it will suffice for the gear box and chassis assembly. Am I right in thinking that these two cars are the same with the exception of the body? Thank you for your help, I am new to vintage cars. boat trash

Over the last Few days, Ive been running the Nitro, Painting and detailing a '57 chevy shell and slapping my self in the head as I now have more work to do as trailing arms and wishbones on the nitro stick out wider than the Chevy so I need to modify them to fit. On top of that my PC has been giving me nothing but grief.

Hi! I chose you to ask this question based on your proflie picture. I recently purchased a ford ranger xlt but no manual will be included. I ordered a rough rider manual from ebay in hopes that it will suffice for the gear box and chassis assembly. Am I right in thinking that these two cars are the same with the exception of the body? Thank you for your help, I am new to vintage cars. boat trash

Hi!

Yupp, they are the same except for front body post, rollcage, wheels and body.

Good luck!!!

Badboy

Took my recently modded Detonator out into the woods this evening for a quick bash. Very dry and very dusty surfaces, loads of decent offroad.

put a massive crack in to nose of the shell!

Looked at my finances!! Argh! New HPI Baja shell is going to have wait until payday

- Received a nice package from Sweden (thanks Nicklas!): 2 shelf queens: Lancia 037, Alpine A110 and a NIB Tamtech Porsche 943 with alot of hop up stuff he added as surprise. Many thanks again mate!

- Test run of my TB-01 brushless - quite satisfying :P Just need to sort the steering - too slow

- modified lower damper mounts on my Kyosho AC Cobra to avoid front wheels rubbing the spring

- installed the novak brushless in my Ryosho Corvette

- Negotiated with a chap in USA and agreed I buy his TB02 hopped up chassis with a Carbon look paintd Nissan 350Z shell

- waiting for the final shipping price of the black King Hauler lately offered in the trades section (it is mine! Hands off)

Waiting for my girl to open up the weekend... (no, definitely not what you may think now - I refer o nice diner and a decent glass of red italian wine....)

Have you done something today ?

ive been to the track...

thinking to leave the tb02 on the shelf and use the asso tc3 factory to do some track driving...

mumble mumble...

oh, forgot that i baught the tb02 chassis with a new Calsonic Skyline shell.

I just put my new CPU in =) Replace my old Pentium D 805 with a Core 2 Duo E6700! And, what a difference! Playing counterstrike source at 150-600 FPS. Also, everything is very quick and smooth. Very satisfied.

Still splashing the Pajero shell in brake fluid ... discovered somebody used body filler on the roof to fill in the rear contours.

[baffled]

Bought some more paint for my ongoing projects... :blink:

Otherwise not much.... :P

Badboy

today i finally resubscribed to TC, and gave my showroom a good clear out. will add pictures of my wild dagger plus 2 sets of event/action photos very soon.

today i done some more moving.

then i done some watering in my new yard,1 acre requires some effort haha.

started getting my TNX 5.2 ready for racing tomorrow,going to race the new one i bought off www.tamiyatrucks.com to see how she goes.should be fun.

then i spotted the 1/8 R/C XBG TNX5.2R Champagne Gold Edition ,wonder what that looks like.

what did you get up to today

ps Madaz,when you get the Hotshot i will have to come up so we can take the hotshots for a run :P ive got an old blue endbell endurance motor in mine,looks kinda like a sport tuned

Today I...

- Paid for a set of Kose TA-01/02 C-hubs and a F103 light weight diff shaft set that I bought from jr-rc yesterday.

- Took apart a 2nd hand TA-01 ball diff and discovered it needs a lot of new bits to be functional again.

- Retrieved the Top Force undercowl I had ordered two weeks ago from the hobby shop, also added some velcro and glassfiber tape.

- Cut out the undercowl quite crudely, test-fitted it on my Blazing Star, cut some bits off to get it to fit better, masked off the outside, and went to paint it in yellow. It will need some slight modifications to fit well with the Blazing Star body, but it should work.

- Ran out of yellow paint.

I'm just having a breather from sanding the walls in my new flat, whoever did the decorating last must have been a blind, stupid and drunk chimpanzee! I've got my E-Maxx on charge as I type so hopefully I'll be able to give that a blast ;)

I was bored!!!

So I added decals on my Rough Rider:

PICT0178.jpg

The story behind the Bel-Ray Bullet:

PICT0183-1.jpg

...and the story behind Rough Rider:

PICT0184.jpg

It turned out great, I think.

Badboy

• Like 1

Here's the hole story behind the Bel-Ray Bullet/Rough Rider (click pics for full size)

ENJOY

PICT0186.jpg

PICT0187.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

The real thing The Bel-Ray Bullet:

PICT0114.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Badboy

'Hope you guys like it'- Sure do Badboy

I picked up another Blazer chassis (ebay win) complete with period Acoms 4 channel radio, all working - well chuffed, needs a few bits and a good clean up ;)

So what have you done today?

Done nothing r/c today.

Played in the final of a golf comp and lost by 6 shots. Gutted ;)

- sorted the magic room with an additional shelf to separate finished from projects and other stuff in boxes

- continued the Corvette interiour

- ebayed a low rider kit for the xc chassis for 10 EUR.

- ebayed the original front bumper for the Porsche 58001 for a lot fo money

- received customs letter that my two limited porsche 934 shells (anniversary 49xxx) have arrived

- planned where to run the Scooby and where to make the first movies with my flycamone

Nothing RC related.

Played Colin Mcrae Dirt on my xbox 360...

Badboy

Colin R.I.P