Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Work work work, last day before a short holiday :)

After work,

Went further with rebuilding the Mini-T , got bored and took the Leo 2A6 for a spin.

In the process, breaking it ;) , repairing it right now.

Quite nice outside now, think going to have a play with the full option Scania,

hope i don't break tht one.

So, what have you done today ??

Done some driving with my mini (scratched the rims :))

And painted the driver on my Lola body. Also painted the vent holes black. Now it's ready for spraying.

Yesterday:

- painted and built the major part of the Kuebelwagen boxer engine for my dune buggy

- Entered ebay Sunday night. Search for 'Tamiya', sort by ending soonest.

First object with 4 minutes remaining: Pajero Metal top - never driven with some marks on the paint job. Took me 15 seconds to log in and place my bid. Now it is mine for 180 EUR

- Purchased a Tech Racing 4WD conversion kit for my M03 chassis from Jason for a lot of money....

Today:

- I already shipped two packages to UK and Netherlands

Today the front knuckel for my MB arrived!!!

Soon I'll drive the kick out of it!!!

So, What have you done today?

I've search the bay for a Super Clod Buster... Soon I'll join ya' guys!!!

(Have a question in Monster Truck tread so all SCB owner check it out please?)

Badboy

Got a BIG box from Stella today 7days and no customs charges either ideal ;-) chuffed

One a four channel transmitter with rechargable battery and 2 recievers on the bay for 20.00 Bargain ;-) well chuffed

So what have you done today?

Yesterday:

Buckled a front wheel on my Swift.

Dismantled and cleaned my Dynatech 02H that I found kicking around. Ordered a brush set and 16t pinion

Today:

Created an account on rcmart.com

Looking at rally tyres and suspension online

(at work)

Today: Done the 4-linking of the rear of my liftie. And now it really extreme :blink: But when testing I broke one shock (hot racing t-maxx piggyback). So now I've one shock too less to do the front. I emailed the seller for gaurantee, because I didn't do anythin extreme/wrong with it.

http://www.vapex.eu/shock1.jpg

won an ebay auction for some bits and bobs , will collect as the seller lives near me. Tried to repair an old cracked Blazer tyre to see if it can be done by using a cycle puncture repair patch inside it .It will be ok as a runner. Received some other 3 speed parts today - springs ,hubs etc -cool :blink:

Gee, well I went to work for nightshift and seeing as it was a quiet night my mind wandered to where else I'd prefer to be, and the first thing that came to mind was my workshop at home and all my poor little cars that have been sitting in boxes for the last couple of months since we bought the new house.

So to squash the need to go home for lunch and start unpacking them, I started surfing Tamiya club!

Ahhhh *Feels much better*

Rob

So, What have you done today??

Didn't due anything to do with the R/C's as I was feeling under the weather. Tomorrow I must go and get the drill to turn my Silversnake into the Chevy. On top of that I need to sort out driving lessons.

Had a field day on Ebay, won two black ORV chassis' for just over a tenner, two complete sets of GPM Mini-T dampers for about half price, one red one blue & bought a brand spanking new MTroniks RV Max for forty quid!! :huh:

I started mocking up the rear half of the body for my secret Blackfoot project & took a few pictures :blink:

Bagged up another bolt-up cage kit for a TC member to post tomorrow.

I also sorted through my spares box & began collecting a kit of parts for my Rough Rider runner.

Hmm, let's see now.

Ordered a couple sets of Ball bearings from Stella.

one for the 787b, and another for the Re-re Shottie.

Took my time ordering them,

I like a fool went to the local bearing supply companies and got quotes on all the sizes I needed.

In the feeble hope that they may be cheaper.. WRONG!!

Even after shipping they work out at around 45% cheaper.. :blink:

Delivered to my door, not some store across town.

Expecting delivery today of:

Torque Splitter set to suit 'Manta Ray' --> To go in my TA-01 BMW M3

787b Decal set --> To go on my Re-re Shottie, Going to paint it in the same Park Green/Fluro Orange as the 787b, Should look great :o

ABC Hobby Type A Diffuser Set --> To go on the 787b.

and either Today or Tomorrow the Shottie should arrive from Stella.

OOh.. Just remembered.. after the Mail 'Person' has been..

I'm going to go Digital Camera shopping.. Then I can start my Showroom here,

since my subscription has been payed here now. :huh:

Good Day Good Day..

What have you gotten up to?

- Treated the tires of my group c.

- Hoped that it would not start raining until after I had the chance to drive on the track. Of course it starts raining now. :D

- Apparently rain was very short.

- Still drove. Treated tires on the rear + dual rate on minimum = 3.5 packs/almost 1.5 hour of fun. I can now can drive the entire circuit at full throttle, so it looks like I won't be keeping the 540 Sport Tuned for long anymore. :D

- Lost screw holding light cup into place after hitting a wall. Also, my ESC housing popped open :P

- Removed light cups. :blink:

- Cleaned car, put electronics a bit further back in the car, replaced velcro holding electronics in place with double-sided tape, reinforced body on cracked bits, taped ESC housing back together.

I just finished building the Double Blaze kit for my kids. I stripped the pre-built gearbox and changed them to bearings. All I need to do tomorrow is install the ESC and wire the motors.

Today I received my genuine Tamiya Blue Anodized Shock Cantilevers for my txt-1.

Updated my TC Photos page accordingly.

Received my new issue of RC Driver & was delighted to see one of my rides in the "Show Offs" section.

Left feedback on Ebay for the Cantilevers, bearings & HPI bumper.

So, what have you done today ?

Searching around the bay for bits and trying to find a nice Super Clod wreck.

Cleaning my toolbox and my paintcan box.

Going thru my cars makeing sure the work in proper order...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

My 16t pinion and new brushes for my 02H arrived.

Will be testing it in my M03 Swift tonight. (Yes I am expecting it to be overkill, but it should be giggle)

Looking into what over road tyres to got for, cut down rally blocks are favourite at the moment.

I have been building my first car from scratch. It is so addictive isn't it? can't do anymore now until the radio set and the speed cotroller arrives! Building a Gravel hound, very exciting stuff as my boyfriend told me it would be too hard for me and i have proven him wrong bigtime! who said girls can't build R/C cars! pah. i intend to make many more now!

I received the Tech Racing 4wd conversion kit from for my Mini M03 chassis from Jason (hhmmmmmhhmmmm) :lol::lol::lol:

This evening I actually wasted nearly three hours not getting anywhere with my customized dune buggy:

- the ideal servo position (because you wouldn't see it) did not work out

- the steering rod assembly is not my taste

- the modification with the one way pulley takes more time than I thought off (finding the right material to start with)

After several attempts I lost interest. Done for today - no creative ideas coming...

Back to the screen, checking some trade opportunities.

stripped my new hotshot down to put ball races in that i did not get when i brought it on sunday had the batteries nice and charged for when i was finnished then took it with me to go and pick up the little pumpkin from school.boxed up my old nitro truck thats just been sold on ebay its a tmaxx clone and not my cup of tea. noisey, smelly ,and a pain in the a## to get running still more cash for spares for the other cars now

Just tested my M03 Swift with a 02H. Frickin yellow missle. :o:D

16T pinion it wheel span and then flew. 20T pinion less wheelspin but not really any quicker.

I can see why people dont run them. It does spoil the handling because you are simple going to quick everywhere I and I don't have the disiplin to use 1/2 throttle everywhere.

I think I'll use that motor with 16T for grass and off road and get a super stock rz for the road.

Wired my ESC and motors for the Double Blaze. Receive some goodies from the postmaster: Tamiya CVA oil shocks and 2 Tamiya aluminum motor heatsink. Leave appropriate feedback on ebay for those items.

All I have to do tomorrow is assemble the shocks and finish the double blaze.

Fairly busy day.... although weekend could be even bigger...

Went to hobby shop, bought some cans of paint and Australia's premier RC magazine (well, our only one!), Racing Lines, to read BORMAC's article on the recent Ryde Vintage RC Meet.

Got an old Pajero chassis and some spares in the mail, as well as a Novak Millennium battery charger. Good old eBay.

Tested the charger by charging a 4200 pack at 5.5A.... no probs.

Took said 4200 and dropped it into my Big 6 to show a mate how fast it is. Dayem, it's fast! Too much heat/current, melted the solder on a Deans connector AGAIN.

Gave Millennium to a good mate to charge NiMHs, the 2000 NiCads I sold him just weren't cutting it.

Lined up a bunch of packages to hopefully post over the weekend. eBay sales, TC trades, non-TC trades.

Checked my want ads for Schumacher Daytona and Nitro 4x4 manuals. No dice.

Browsed eBay again..... hmmmm.... some nice stuff there.....

So, what have YOU done today???

Alex

Finished repairs on 2A6, all up & running again now

Cleaned backyard track from leafs & weed, burned out the border lines to prevent

another overgrow-attack :D

A large sunflower is still blocking a part of the track, but.... nearly harvest-ready,

so will be the full lap of the track be useble again.

Finished repairs & recharging the FG monster, gave it a hard bash yesterday,

actually nothing mayor broke this time!

Only some forgot-to-locktite screws where shacken lose, so fixed those also.

My new fuel mix really does the trick, those monsters are fast. bit to fast maybe.

Still doubting a bit to yes or no buy a new HPI Baja 5B , that thing is niccceee.

Maybe find a used one... thinking of putting a full rig combo up for trade for it..

Maybe.. as i would hate to see one of those go

So, what have you done today ???