Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I started using the forums... :rolleyes: lol

Welcome

I've got stuck into a couple of Bruiser / Mounty chassis projects

Nothing RC related....

BUT I went to Globen sthlm and saw GRAVE DIGGER and Monster Jam!!!

Needed the insperation for my GD project!!! :):D:o:lol::lol:

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Today - I blew my RC Budget on a New Built Tamiya Mountaineer ! I am so excited I won't sleep until it arrives. Unfinished body too ! Special thanks to TC Member kaindi :).

today i cleaned up my buggy work space a bit, watered some of the yard,painted my hotshot re re shell and layed a few more coats onto my HI-Lift shell.

tomorrow after work i will put 2 last coats on the Hi-Lift then leave it for a few days then mask the shell to paint the bonnet and tray,maybe even a stripe down the side of some sort, not sure yet.after thats all done, a few coats of pearl clear should finish it off nice. :P

what have you done today?

Nothing RC related....

BUT I went to Globen sthlm and saw GRAVE DIGGER and Monster Jam!!!

I went to see them a couple of weeks ago in Cardiff - thought it might be a bit tame but it was awesome! :P

I went to see them a couple of weeks ago in Cardiff - thought it might be a bit tame but it was awesome! B)

Yeah! Especially when Grave Digger broke down in the first round (Sky Wheelie, Parallel Run and freestyle).

So when there where time for Parallel there where no Digger around :(

So they gave him 1 min ti get things sorted, wroooom there he was Ladies and gents "GRAVE DIGGER"!!! :P:P:P:lol:

I was more exited than most of the children there :lol: Screamed like a kid on christmas :lol::lol:

Bad"tothebone"Boy

Yeah! Especially when Grave Digger broke down in the first round (Sky Wheelie, Parallel Run and freestyle).

So when there where time for Parallel there where no Digger around B)

So they gave him 1 min ti get things sorted, wroooom there he was Ladies and gents "GRAVE DIGGER"!!! :P:P:P:lol:

I was more exited than most of the children there :lol: Screamed like a kid on christmas :lol::lol:

Bad"tothebone"Boy

Out of the 12 trucks there 10 were broken by the end of the freestyle round - they just drove them to destruction! Saw some unbelievable "saves"!!

Here is me and a mate with the "Escalade" truck and the orange ladies!

Out of the 12 trucks there 10 were broken by the end of the freestyle round - they just drove them to destruction! Saw some unbelievable "saves"!!

Here is me and a mate with the "Escalade" truck and the orange ladies!

Unfortunally The Globe is tooooooooo small!!!

It nearly holds a hockeyfield

Got me a new WW2 Driver yesterday!!! :)

Mmmmmmm.... Bacon.... :P

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I have just preordered the new highlift hilux :P , unfortunately its a Christmas present so wont see it until then. :)

What have you done today?

Ordered a TT-01D Supra drift,

Traded a NIB F-350 for a complete, classic 4x4 Hilux with my brother. Only needs stripping, new paint and re-assembly. (what a steal!)

Today I completed my Aeromax chassis with MFC-01. Next step is to paint the body TS Racing blue. I have a work mate going to Japan in December to buy me a box trailer from RC Champ, which I believe compliments the Aeromax nicely. I would like to know of any other Melbournians who drive Tamiya RC trucks, as 1/14 scale owner drivers are quite rare.

I also ordered a DT02-MS from RCChamp and Hotshot re-re from Stellamodels. As all things follow Newton's law of physics, my Paypal account balance has taken a recent dive. Haha.

So what have you done today?

post-16503-1195273895.jpg

Well, more of a what have i done the last day(s)

Ordered the Hilux with stellamodels, as always.. could not resist :)

Still eyeballing that Tamtech XB 934 Jgermaister,

Figured out that there is a lot of work to be done on the Junfac chassis,

first testrun was a disaster. ;)

So, what have you done today ?

I tightened the ball diff in my TT-01 this morning, fixed the foam in the B4's rear tire, washed out 2 bodies to be painted... Plus I have other non-rc related family activities, its gonna be a busy one.

I am going to start my painting on the shell for my TT-01.

This is what is should look like when its done. The main difference is that I am using Gun Metal PS-23 instead of black on top, I like the look of PS-23 better

m3-1m.jpg

I will also paint my B4 body, but thats one color (PS-16 Metal Blue) so it shouldn't be too hard.

I also figured out that the fail safe on my 3PM FASST system cuts out with still quite a bit of juice left in the battery, may have to call Futaba on that one. For now is disabled for both of my receivers.

Today I won a Painted NEW original Wild Willy body off Ebay.

It's going to be part of my WW extended wheelbase project.

I have 2 WW's now, one to keep 'somewhat' original.

the other is going to get an Extended wheelbase, and relocated battery.

In an attempt to 'Tame' it's wheeling tendencies,

and hopefully to prevent it from overturning all the time.

(It's just a minor inconvenience having to walk 20 meters to Right an overturned WW)

meh.. :blink: My mask for the red must not have been on right and i have some massive bleed issues in certain areas of the paint job... Oh well, can't expect perfect body paint everytime i suppose. Considering that I will be using this body for bashing and racing I doubt its life will be too long anyhow :)

meh.. :D My mask for the red must not have been on right and i have some massive bleed issues in certain areas of the paint job... Oh well, can't expect perfect body paint everytime i suppose. Considering that I will be using this body for bashing and racing I doubt its life will be too long anyhow :D

I'm going to reply to my own thread.

There are some photos of the paint job here http://gallery.mac.com/e2studios#100017&bgcolor=black

Its not "horrible" in my opinion, but I have more red bleed than I would care to have. However that said this is the very FIRST tri-color body that I have ever done, so I guess its not so bad eh? :D

Just ordered screws for 60?!!! :D

So, How much have you spent today?

or

What have you done today?

Badboy

Pre-ordered a Durga :)

And fitted some sexy wheels to my TA02 carbon hop up chassis

Tried to decide on next month's NIB purchase:

Will it be a Manta Ray? Always had a soft spot for the strange-looking buggy, and I've recently become a huge fan of the chassis... but Another 4wd buggy? I already have 2

Will it be a Hi-Lux? I think the new kit shows so much promise - but it's a lot of money to spend on a shelfer...

Will it be a Twin Detonator? The best looker of the WD chassis cars; I'm a huge proponent of the WD range while never actually owning one... But it's a lot of money to hop up to a worthwhile spec (alu shocks, shock towers, 2x motors, 2x pinions, expensive ESC, twin battery conversion...)

Will it be a DT02MS? I was eagerly awaiting this, but now it's here I'm not a fan of the looks (especially the mismatched wheels)...

Also tried to charge the 9.6v 640 NiMH pack for my CCLee Me262 from the in-car clockwork charger, without realising that the charger doesn't have an input voltage regulator, and 14v off the alternator was enough to overcharge the battery (at least, it's melted all the plastic around the cells, not sure if the cells have survived...)

:)

Bit of everything :)

Finaly sorted my lack-of-decent-wheel-transmitter problem ,

Found a little note in the mailbox that tomorrow my shocks arive from hong kong

for the Junfac racer/crawler thing.

Got confirmation that my hilux is on route to the netherlands ( yesss )

Just checked stock of bearings, might need to order another stash soon ;)

And, after wayyy overblowing my rc budget for the month, still can't look away from that xb 934 Jgermaister,

and...

By some sort of strange way feeling attracted to a Kyosho Nitro Blizzard,.... did not even repaired the EP one yet..

But "it tickels" , and looking at me, from the "watched auctions list" at my ebay page..

And, just finished masking the Focus RS body, don't know if i spray it today yet.

:)

so, what are you doing today ??