Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished fitting deans.

Motor bearings arrived for my superstock rz and my Team Orion, which came with just one bearing in the can, and a bush in the bell. :)

Need some dry weather. :)

Hello all.

Newbie here.

I re-discovered Tamiya while allegedly working in the office yesterday (web surfing!) was pleasantly surprised to find out so much stuff is still available!

Quick trip to my parents house and I found my 16 or 17 year old Lunch Box in the loft and in rather good, complete condition as is the box. Admittedly its on its second shell, but a bit of tlc and it'll be fine. :)

Got some bits and bobs coming from Ebay including a new chassis as the original split where the steering servo screws into and was repaired with a little aluminium strip rivited over the split and the servo screwed through the aluminium.

So far managed to fob off my good lady with the excuse I'm building it up to pass on to my nephew..... :)

(honest!)

Finished fitting deans.

Motor bearings arrived for my superstock rz and my Team Orion, which came with just one bearing in the can, and a bush in the bell. :)

Need some dry weather. :)

How do you like the RZ with bearings? Where did you get them from? Is it still GT legal with bearings?

Hello all.

Newbie here.

So far managed to fob off my good lady with the excuse I'm building it up to pass on to my nephew..... :D

(honest!)

Welcome to TC Blackflag77!!

As we all know you'll be addictive to TC and Tamiya for the rest of you life!!!

So if it's not to late, LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN!!! B):D:D:D:lol:

If not...

Welcome

Badboy

Made breakfast for my wife and myself,took a shower,played Call of Duty4,visited here and left some pointed remarks,just started dinner,American bison steaks with fried onions and garlic,with wild rice.

Got to work, got told to get involved in something which is nothing to do with me and which I know nothing about, got annoyed, looked at the latest showroom updates on TC, read the forums, still unable to get thoughts of an NIB Twin Det, Manta Ray or possibly even a vintage FF01 from Jason... Ooh, which will it be..?

How do you like the RZ with bearings? Where did you get them from? Is it still GT legal with bearings?

Not fitted yet. Will be a few days before I get time.

I got them from modelsport.co.uk

Not sure about the regulations. Its not for a race car.

Took my blue/red/white kamtec bodyed SS for a ride in the dirt!!!

:huh::DB);):o

See pics in my showrrom!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Even though I'm new at this, I just ordered a NIB FF01 Volkswagen Golf 3 VR6 and a M04L Volkswagen Beetle from Jason's Store.

Ohhh... little Volkswagens. :huh:

Hello All, I thougth I share the joy with you guys:

Mustang.jpg

I just received this body two days ago that I won on eBay. I can't take the credit for the paint job (the only car I have in my collection so far that is not painted by me.) All I did this morning was drill the holes, add license plate, driver figure and side view mirrors. Looks great on my TT02 chassis!

When my light kit comes in I will replace the head and break light too!

I hope you all enjoy!

VS

VS, nice looking Stang, but I don't think Ford ever made a right-hand-drive one...

I just figured out how to lower the front suspension for my Rat-Hopper project... flip the arms over! Now, I just need a little time to try it. Lucky it's a long weekend. :huh:

what have i done today & yesterday eveing:

* worked a little on my 4th Scorcher project

* crafted on my selfmade crib

* ordered my christmas present: #58397 Toyota Hilux + Radio + Ball Bearings :huh: me happy

Spent the evening shortening the propshaft, modifying the battery stay and body mounts to turn my Touareg into Colt Seavers truck!

fallguy1Medium.jpg

I also fitted the Ansmann Clash 28t motor and ESC into my Lunchbox and finished the chassis stiffening and third shock mods - all in all a productive evening :huh:

Not done anything much today, other than been disappointed that there are no showroom updates since I last checked yesterday afternoon!!

Last night I attempted to fit the Schumacher stick pack battery holder to my Corally RDX; sadly it doesn't fit the standard holes. I've made some new towers to hold it at the correct height, but will have to get some long M3 countersunk screws and modify the chassis a little to get it to stay in place.

Not really how I wanted to do it, but if it means I can run stick packs with no worries then it'll do :D

Tonight I will try to finish the job, then have a go at lowering the suspension ready for Monday's race meeting.

Oh, and I still have to decide whether I get a Manta Ray shelfer/infrequent runner, a Calsonic Primera FF01 infrequent runner, or a Twin Detonator for a twin-battery project... Or should I just finish all the projects I already have and save the money for a rainy day :huh:

Yesterday I found out the part I needed for the Falcon was discontinued but fortunatley I aquirred one on ebay. I also brought a Sportwerks Recoil from Time tunnel which I am so far pleased with as it can out do a Lunch box with little charge. I need to find out if there is anywhere that does 1/14 racing or that will allow my car to enter before I start making it much faster.

Just sent paymen for two Tamiya Toyota Hilux #58397 Kits to RC-Champ ! Very excited B) .

So, what have you done today ?

I ordered some parts to convert my unused Manta Ray into a normal TA01 so I could put a Celica shell on it.

I also found out that a titanium screw kit from Hong Kong which I purchased from ebay was sent to Holland and back to Hong Kong because the local post office made a mistake B)

Bought some 2.2 wheel wideners from the Junfac store - hopefully will make my Blackfoot bodied CC-01 more stable

Just recently...

- Built a TG10 Mk1 Ferrari 360 Daytona kit I picked up cheap locally a while back... Added a few hopups, including 2-speed transmission, roll bars, alu steering, undercowl and front nerf bumper. Kit was missing the fuel tank, so had to track one of those down too. The basic trim decals are on it, still deciding whether or not to put the rest of the racing livery decals on it. Haven't run it in yet.

- Rebuilt the rear end of my original Frog runner and cleaned dogbones. Replaced the rubber boots as the old ones were ancient, and had dried out and gone hard. Needs new rear springs though, and I need to remove the shock collars for off-road use. Added a twin coilover front shock upgrade, but need to remove the original springs as the front suspension is now too hard, and properly secure the locknuts at the bottom of the damper to stop them falling out.

- Built a re-re beetle, with TA03 ball diff, mini II CVA oil shocks, quick-release battery clip and the hard-to-find M04 stabilizer set. Painted the body shell PS3 blue. Came out looking closer to sea blue. I really wanted bahama blue, but couldn't find a suitable rattle can with that pale blue-green colour. Still, looks nice and minty.

Still to do:

- Paint and decal my mini, and my TA05 Raybrig NSX...

- I have a finished Enzo body, just need to build the F103GT chassis to go with it

- I have an F-40 re-re kit for my scale Ferrari collection, need time to build...

- Prep and paint my Bruiser!!! Itching to have the time to finish this one properly, still brushing up (pun intended!) my painting skills to get the courage to do it first.

- James

Yesterday:

1) Had some replies back from Mardave and Hunter Systems re: the new Mardave Cobra SE, it seems nobody has a full spec list and there are very few stockists in the UK - but I'm still tempted to buy one just to see if it's any good.

2) TB01 rally car arrived in the post (thanks Rizwan!) complete with a very shiny Mercedes shell.

3) Got home from work and cleaned up the RDX chassis a little, tightened up a few loose screws, then re-cut the Mercedes shell to fit the RDX body posts. Had to do a bit of sanding / trimming of the rear arches to make them clear the wheels, but it fits very well. Removed with Tamiya decals and added some Corally RDX decals - the colour match is very good. I'll probably not race with that shell until the new season starts next year, and keep my heavily-beat-up pre-painted Mitsu Evo shell for the rest of this season...

4) Fitted a spare receiver and ESC to the TB01 chassis and plonked the Mitsu Evo shell on for size. Body posts are in the same position as my old TT01, so I didn't have to re-drill anything - nice, both my Evo and Scooby shells will fit without any modification :rolleyes:

Hopefully the weather will hold out for the weekend, so I might have 2 spare minutes to give the TB01 a test-run on some gravel and maybe even take the Me262 for a test-fly. Otherwise, my plans for this weekend are to completely tidy up RC Corner - there used to be a workbench and some storage space, and now there's just a huge pile of junk and parts. Hopefully by next week I'll have my workbench back so I can start work on my K2-chassis Clod-body Mad Max scale truck ;)

Picked up another Bullhead, this time with box.

Geeze those boxes are big!

-Lars

i paid for yet more parts for an up and coming project, decided on paint scheme for said project :rolleyes:

sorry people your just going to have to wait

Welcome to TC Blackflag77!!

As we all know you'll be addictive to TC and Tamiya for the rest of you life!!!

So if it's not to late, LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If not...

Welcome

Badboy

Hello Badboy...

Thanks for the welcome. :)

New chassis, steering arms & halfshafts from ebay arrived yesterday. Old battery is on charge to see if I can coax any life out of it, forgot to get AA's for the controller, should find an hour this weekend to get it running.

But...

Have been looking at retro buggies on ebay... Hornet, Grasshopper, Frog, all very nice... any suggestions?

:D