Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spent far too much money :)

Last week's purchases ran to a Bear Hawk bodyset, a Schumacher Shotgun and various bits and pieces, all from kind TC members... And then yesterday I happened to spot a Wild Dagger too...

Still, at least now I have almost all the big bits I need to do almost all the projects I've had lined up for ages. Just need to buy little things now, and save up for new motors, radios, batteries etc. to keep the whole fleet up and running.

I really have to organise my new flat when I move in, as I'm running out of shelf-space at my current abode...

that was yesterday, but I had an AWESOME bashing session on my own with my souped-up VLB in a park, while my wife was calmly pushing the trolley with my 11-mth old inside... as I had installed a new sofa in the living-room and a new metal shower in the bathroom the day before, she didn't dare say anything, haha :)

Anyways - the VLB is the greatest basher - ever (and I didn't even break a single body post, I can barely believe it!)

Paul

Well I received a nice little box of goodies on friday from Tower, so I have been busily fitting them over the weekend (Long weekend here)

got some dirt hawgs and a novak 4.5 for the dark impact. WOW, now she really moves! VERY happy. nice and stable at speed too. I'm quite surprised. Although talk about a tight fit!

installed an LRP 12x2 motor into the TL01. And remembered that it needed new gears. so rather noisey, but it moves along nicely too now

Also got a few other things like sand paddles for the Emaxx which are yet to be fitted and tested. along with a wheelie bar as i'm changing it back to a basher rather than an average crawler (will look for another project to fill that gap once i have a little rock garden set up)

All in all, after many months of neglecting my hobby I'm really enjoying my combined B'day/Xmas pressies I bought myself. It's amazing what a few dollars can do to drag one away from the chores of a recently purchased house. :)

Rob.

So..... what have you done today????

Build an F103 front and rear end, assembled a Hi-cap damper and mounted it to another f1 chassis, ordered some TA01 parts

Finally managed to get my first recently purchased TL-01 running. After buying a new motor, new ESC, new Battery, new transmitter aerial, today I found out it was the receiver.....so I bought a new one, fitted all the other new parts, stuck the Porsche 911 Turbo shell on it and went mental in the street.

It is scary fast (remember it is my first rc in about 20 years) so I am learning how to control it again.

Very very happy :)

Bit of everything the last days,

Decided i wanted to start on a NIB again, but realised quickly that

There was just no more space to park the finished models.

It is just Full.

And, as i gave myself the mission to make the 1/16 Armour collection complete again, with

Requires me to order a Panther G.

I figured, instead of stacking higher, to let some models go. ( PAIN )

Went rather quick, but to be fair.. lol, wish it wasnt also.

Anyway, the respective models are on route to Italy and Denmark now, 2 others still need

To find a new owner.

When those are gone, making another round in the house, might let another few go.

Had to stop anyway, was running out of decent packing material anyway.

As the models where all abs/hardbodys, crossing the fingers they make it to the new owners.

But, when models go.. others replace them!

Just picked up 2 freshly (re) painted Leopard 1A4, after 9 months of absence.

Not fully the painter to blame, as recently he crashed his 1:1 Mercedes with 190km/u ,

Being quite lucky he survived, but did result in a backlog with his paint work.

But..

Gone take me a couple of weeks to finish the detail job, but.. the NATO battle group is getting somewhere now.

While typing this, just remembered that the M113 to euro M113 still needs to get done.

< whoeps >

As it is now 1 February, i should have more time to finish all those project, after 6 years working 7 days a week, 14+ hours a day. Decided a few weeks ago it was enough.

Having a nice paycheque is nice, but it is not something you can do forever.

Proven with myself you break down after a while.

And, it was good timing, as there where certain customers falling away, it was possible to

Go work 5 days a week, and only 8 hours a day..

Starting the day at 06:00, so when the work day is over, still got half a day left ! ( cool )

But, to bad..

The new trucking company that was going to take over my job did not get his new trucks

Delivered in time, so.. still a couple of weeks to go now.

A well, just a couple of weeks now.. counting down

Mhhh.. this is getting quite a long what have you done lol

Yesterday evening, went further with gathering info for the Models database,

To give you a little insight how that works, adding a model to the database.

First, check the Tamiya.com or Tamiyausa.com for new models

To be honest, the last months tamiyausa.com has there act together way better then Tamiya itself.

Or, like recently , ask tc members to name models, as older models are hard to find.

And, with all those odd XBs and other special numbers.

Try to google that :lol: i dare you lol

Resulting, having a model number & name..

Then, google, as , to keep the error lever as low as possible, i want 2 sources telling me

The same.

If all match, going online on Tamiyaclub & enter the model into the database.

This page is quite similar to what you have to enter a new model in you showroom,

Just a couple of more fields to fill in, and no pictures to add.

-then- crossing fingers that no errors have been made, adding the model to the database.

Ok, now i shut up..

So, what have you done today??

Stefan

Finally managed to get my first recently purchased TL-01 running. After buying a new motor, new ESC, new Battery, new transmitter aerial, today I found out it was the receiver.....so I bought a new one, fitted all the other new parts, stuck the Porsche 911 Turbo shell on it and went mental in the street.

Glad you got that fixed at last!!

I've been prepping my King Blackfoot shell over the last few days, got a day off work today and it's nice and bright outside, so I may be able to start on the primer coats this afternoon if it stays dry. Might be a little too cold tho, will give it a coat and see how it comes out, maybe even move the painting bench into the sunlight :lol:

Might grab down the Schumacher chassis and start measuring up for Project Hop Gun.

Also got to take buckets of photos to update my showroom over the next few days, as well as get list some trades on TC.

this morning i took my pumpkin to the local park for its maiden outing.first run and noticed it was steering to the left again.had a quick check to make sure everything was connected and noticed the balljoint on the servo horn was loose.tightened it up ran two batteries flat then back in the car with it while my daughter fed the ducks.just checked it when i got home and the ball is loose again. car went brilliantly though and lots of fun was had :blink: so in one session i have learned two things.i can see why folks change the shocks to oil dampers and why threadlock was invented

today i looked on tc forum, ebay for a new car and took my tl 01 out for a muck around.

So what have you done today?

I bought some Tamiya Stickers (red/blue star logo sticker)!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I just bought a CHROME WILD WILLY 2 Body!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Badboy

This weekend I acquired some thin-walled aluminium pipe from the LHS. The inside diameter was just right for Tamiya self-tapping screws to cut into. I then used a combination of my own skilled (lol) hands and a dumbell weight to form the pipes into curved sections, and then screwed these to the back of my Mad Max F-150 shell.

It looks wikkid, and will look even better once I've cut the canvas to fit :lol:

Took ny cars (WW2, SS Baja & F-150 Truck) for a spin at the BMX track with some friends... :huh:

Met Mr.Orange there!!!

Cheers Bro'

Manage to brake the Servo saver on my Monster Beetle today also :(

Badboy

I met Badboy today at the BMX track and drove my Savage and Javelin there.

Bad_boy_och_Javelin.jpg

And I must adjust my wheels on it.

Mr. Orange :(

Here's some filmclips from today!!!

Jupp, my willy got a bath!!!

Got some serius cleaning to do on my cars :(

Badboy

I think I need to adjust my front wheels to....

Well yesterday I managed to get a test run of my Schlesser base buggy - see the guess the project thread.

I also managed to hopefully find the source and replace the relivant parts that where leading to my orcestral touareg.

Also managed to pick up a nib set of Arai Subaru decals on ebay for 6.28 posted ;)

Yesterday was the Ham Hill meet - had a fantastic run with the local TCers and managed to break a few things, dammit now I have to order more stuff from Dinball!! Plus I got held up on my Blackfoot conversion as my chosen tyres don't fit over the steering hubs. Will be ordering some stuff to fix this minor problem later... ****, more waiting for post to arrive!!

Ax

Got my Chrome WW2 body today!!!

Soon my S Clod will arrive!!!

Badboy

I skived off work early to get to the post office & collect my HPI Countach shell (thanks to autocad for the trade).

Had a bit of an Ebay session this morning, I picked up a mint M04 BMW for a ridiculously low price, plus some Loctite & a few other odds & ends.

I plan to spend the rest of the evening adjusting my new lathe :D

600550_xl.jpg

Ooh beautiful piece of machinery Jacque!!

Today I spent even more money. First onto Junfac's site for their axle wideners for my Blackfoot Extreme (an unexpected and annoying but ultimately necessary expense); then onto RCMart for various Yeah Racing alloy components also for the Blackfoot Extreme, since I'm sure that axle wideners, massive tyres and 14.4v power will soon shred the plastic knuckles; graphite shock towers for my DF03, which suffered its first shock tower failure this weekend. Was tempted to purchase so much more for the same order, but really have to stop buying and start selling in advance of my house move at the end of the month...

I then popped to the LHS, picked up some metallic red paint and bearings for my Silvia, and a new craft knife to cut the shell. At last they are starting to get their PS sprays restocked, hopefully soon they'll have some silver in stock so I can start spraying my Box Deluxe shell if the weather stays nice.

Not even got the Silvia in out of the back of the 1:1 citroen yet tho, my living room is so full of boxes and junk that I don't have space for it...

well today i started the build on a huge log cabin 16.6mts long X 7mts wide & was buzzin all day as i brought a full new hilux set up early hours of this morning for a very nice price :P and it should be here wednesday :D

so what have you done today

c.h

Got home from work to find the lighting kit for me pumpkin,so fitted it and photo`d it (have a look here)and thats about it for tonight.tomorrow will the be the next one,servos and recievers should be here to restore my fighter buggy to its former glory.it was the only tamiya i had left so i thought i`d ressurect it cos it was looking lonely in the cupboard

Last days are getting a bit more rc related again!

What is a good thing, real life got just a bit boring actually, work work work..

But "i am back" :lol:

Last weekend visited a frind/co-worker to bring him my 2e lunchbox, after winning the tc competition

i had 2 of them.. "bit much" , so sold the one i bought myself for "my money back" to the guy.

It should be a quick visit, but it lasted until late into the evening, "talking rc". & inhaling some beer.

That guy was flying the first rc helicopters when i was not even liqued! Gyro's? what is that?

Very nice to see those old photo's & heer the story's about the real "first years of rc".

Anyway, the Lunchbox got in good hands, next day i got a email it was build already :)

So, builing the tc-lb soon, so we can have lunchbox-mayhem :P :P :angry: :angry:

Pimped Lunchboxes that is :lol:

Spend hours with another co-worker on msn, to talk about the new 56319 reefer trailer release, and the

endless new custom build options who are now open with this trailer & chassis.

Anyway, he liked it just as much as i do, so when stellamodels stocks them.. 2 are ordered at once.

Hey... were still Dutch, so save a bit on posting cost right?? :angry:

Actually toutched a model to :P < about time > preparing the first of the 1a4's for details painting.

So, what have you done today?

Stefan

Technically (I stayed up past midnight last night) putting the decals on my new built EBRO 350R was the first thing I did today.....

After I woke up this morning I checked my bank balance and customer paid for a job I did last month, yesssss, now my goal today was to buy a NIB kit!

Once I got to work I started browsing through 'Tamiya' on my usuall ebay locations in between tasks. FINALLY!, I found a NIB F201 BMW Williams FW24, I think I may have paid a bit too much but it has been on my want list for a couple of years now. Maybe one of you guys can tell me if I paid a premium or got an ok deal. I paid $300 Australian. It doesn't really matter, I guess the price willing to pay goes up with how much you want something right? The seller has a 100% top rating with excellent feedback on his packing and postage so I am confident it will be a winner.

My other to-do was to introduce myself to you guys here, I have been a visitor on TC for many years, and your posts and showrooms have been a constant source of inspiration and enjoyment. I had another username (pagedm) but after 2-3 years absense I forgot the password and my email address changed so there was no way for me to resurrect that account. As soon as I can spot the fee I am going to become a TC subscriber on my new username so I can start sharing my showroom.

Since my wife bought me an F350 Hi-Lift for my birthday last October I have gotten heavily back into R/C, Tamiya being my favourite. My collection is growing fast these days, the older I get the more fun I am having just building and finishing the kits, I love driving them but with children and work sitting and building for a few hours calms the devil inside...

Anyway, I don't want to do the wrong thing here and take up too much space writing about my history, so in a short sentence:

Today I worked on my EBRO 350R IFS TA05 (Which is looking sweeeet :P ), Bought a NIB BMW Williams F201 (Booyeah! :P ) and spent my lunch hour browsing TC :)

Thanks everyone!

Daniel :angry:

Last night I mocked up my Blackfoot Extreme into 14.4v 4wd format. Wow! Just... Wow!

Unfortunately I've now decided that I need an aftermarket chassis for it, which is expensive. So... This morning I had a sudden change of heart, I brought my beloved Bear Hawk custom / restoration project into the office and offered it to my colleague for a price that suits both of us. Shame, the NIB bodyset arrived only last week and is still unopened. I sure will miss it, but I've had it over a year and haven't really done anything with it - bashed it a few times, tried a few different custom projects, set it aside for a shelf restoration, and still never got anywhere near finishing it.

Sad days, but then lots of my collection is going up on ebay in the next week due to my impending house move. It will ultimately pave the way for more, better projects.

Goodbye, beloved Bear Hawk :'(