Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just bought this:

ts08_box.jpg

And I can't wait to get it!!!

What it now!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Today, I just finished...stripping, cleaning, replacing broken/damaged/worn out parts and put everything back on my brushless E.

187.jpg

186.jpg

Finally finished this Mustang body for my TG10 MK.2.. I used bullet shell casings (or did I) for the exhaust pipes, came out OK. Because this body was deformed from the factory (thanks HPI :) ), it will be a runner for sure..

dsc02934sd5.jpg

dsc02935gj4.jpg

So, what have you done today?

Picked up a used Stadium Thunder (58181) at the LHS. Complete with Futaba Magnum Sport radio and Duratrax ESC, box-stock except for Pro-Line Masher tires. Still has Sport-tuned motor that came with this kit. Also included a Duratrax 1500 stick pack and an old Hobbico timer charger. $80 for everything.

Looks to be in decent shape, found one stripped screw and a bunch of loose ones. No cracks, nothing broken, just scratched up underneath. Replaced bushings with new ones until I can get bearings for it. I'm going to stick a TEU101BK in there from another model, so I don't have to change the plug on the other ESC (all my stuff is Deans) and give it a run tomorrow...

Got an imperial allen key for really small screws for my TC4

Orded some parts for my TC4, as I can't connect the steering to the servo due to lacking one part.

Got two dud nimh packs pulled apart to make one good pack.

Learn't some stuff about my new (yet, second hand) Team Asscioted Factory Team TC4

Cleaned up my desk so I can display both my TT01 and TC4

Put cloth tape over the cracks in my Ford GT body to stiffen it back up.

Scanned the web to try and find somewhere in the UK, that will sell me some Tamiya PS-56 paint for my Unimog, whithout any luck :P

What have you done today?

I just bought my first Tamtech gear:

ta-56707-temtech_gear_buggy_champ.jpg

Mmmmm.... mini Rough Rider....

Badboy

Went racing again last night, missed both heats as I had motor/pinion issues. Ran for 3 laps in the second, and the MSC got full of fluff.

Changed the MSC to a TEU-101BK between the heats and the final, put on a new steering arm, and came third out of six in the final. Great stuff!

It's already starting to cost though - new shocks, springs, tyres and wheels last night, as well as the steering arm and a body post. Still, should be more competitive next week...

Also bought an Mtroniks speedo for the LunchBox as I fried the 101 at the weekend trying to jump a ditch. Oh, and the 9T EzRun brushless system for the Manta Ray. I need to get adjustable suspension arms for it though, as I have the FRP mounts (from a Top Force I believe) and they give it far too much camber, and loads of toe-in on the back for some reason.

Just came from a LHS tour. First Shop didnt have any cool Bodyset (Touring Cars) second had one. I bought it instantly but forgot to look if it is complete. Missing instructions. Maybe someone of you can help me: 50811 is the one...

Not the best day...

So, what have you done today??

My second ezrun 9t system came today along with two 3000mah lipo batteries. the batteries are charging and the ezrun system is now fitted in my ta03f mitsubishi evo so should have some fun tomorrow.

took my ezrun fire dragon and mitsubishi evo out for a blast at the local seaside car park today, wanted to see how the new 3000mah lipos performed. I got about 10 mins runtime @ full throttle everywhere from each lipo. the upshot is that the new tyres on my fire dragon are now totally bald and look about 15 years old!!

The evo performed well with the ezrun resulting in more bald tyres. i love thrashing my cars around and brushless makes them ballistic!!. Im charging the lipos again for round two tomorrow

hi guys,

im new here... been reading this post, and thought i would post my doings also..

im warren, and i reside in malta, got my first astute when i was 14, after had been saving money while watching all models video on VCR..

About three weeks ago i was browsing on ebay and came across a monster beetle, this was a model which i always dreamed of back then.. placed a bid and got it <_<..

I received it yesterday and it is in pretty overall good shape, must been used only indoors. chassis is flawless, body needs one wiper & figure.. (and a re-paint) pics attached, will get a brand new set of offroad tyres.. charged the battteries overnight, and today i gave it a spin... ahhh.. got back the 2wd feel again... little performance, with great character! (comparing it to today's rc models).. i also own: mugen MTX-4R, savage XSS and serpent 950R, maybe thats why

IMG_0995_s.jpg

IMG_0996_s.jpg

IMG_0997_s.jpg

I also got my astute from my garage, been sitting there for almost 10 years... it needs some TLC, new tyres etc.. stoped using it after the front wheel knuckles broke..

IMG_0989_s.jpg

IMG_0992_s.jpg

IMG_0993_s.jpg

to finish off today i placed a bid and got this blackfoot, this was again another model i always liked to own but could not afford when i was a kid... it has never been run, shelf queen.. got it for 90 dollars.. what you guys think?

73fa_1.jpg

i hope this is not a too long post, cant say these weren't busy day's as regards rc tamiyas..

so, what have you done today?

Today I purchased a NIB Tamiya TXT-1 at an excellent price ! So good in fact I would have bought two but only one was left.

So, what have you done today ?

Today I purchased a NIB Tamiya TXT-1 at an excellent price ! So good in fact I would have bought two but only one was left.

You went to Zoom Room again didn't you? Haha ya I saw on their website too, they have some good sales going on.

You went to Zoom Room again didn't you? Haha ya I saw on their website too, they have some good sales going on.

Exactly where I got it !! I was there last Saturday saw both of them on sale but didn't bite. Called him today one was sold ^_^, so I snagged the other to pick up this Saturday. I've been saving an INETRC "TXT Bat Chassis" :lol:.

Just an hour ago, I went digging and found my stash of the INET Chassis, RC4WD Beadlocks & Proline Giant Trac tires !

I kept working on my Super Clod build, mainly on the chassis, body mounts and assembled the axle tubes complete with Dura Trax bearings. I'm taking my time with the build fitting it inbetween work and my other hobby/sport archery plus I'm waiting on radio gear but at least I know it will be built perfectly :lol:

So, what did you get up to today ?

Had a bit of a working bee and cleaned up the backyard track, then took some photos of it to post in my showroom, then drove on it with the Grasshopper fitted with the Lunchbox's wheels with a few of the local guys that gave me a hand to tidy up. Fun stuff... Truggy Grasshopper Hahaha

So, what did you get up to today ?

Just bought two rubber switchcovers on ebay!!!

9c_1_b.jpg

(pic from 13rucelee)

Badboy

• Like 1

Swapped the 15 turn Ansmann clash out of the LunchBox and put a SuperStock BZ in there. It now backflips on command and goes scarily quick for a truck. Going to have a LOT of fun with this on the Common tomorrow morning... :D

Also ballraced the Mini, cleaned it up, and put the new wheels with new M-Grip tyres on. Now it's got the ESC as well it flies across the carpet, and is certainly ready for racing on Monday night. I came third out of six last week while running plastic bearings, an MSC and old bald tyres, so hoping for a return to the investment. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and I helped my mate fix his 205 (1:1 scale!) so it would pass its MOT. Just got back from the local where he treated me to free beers all night for the favour. A very productive day!

Swapped the 15 turn Ansmann clash out of the LunchBox and put a SuperStock BZ in there. It now backflips on command and goes scarily quick for a truck. Going to have a LOT of fun with this on the Common tomorrow morning... :blink:

Also ballraced the Mini, cleaned it up, and put the new wheels with new M-Grip tyres on. Now it's got the ESC as well it flies across the carpet, and is certainly ready for racing on Monday night. I came third out of six last week while running plastic bearings, an MSC and old bald tyres, so hoping for a return to the investment. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and I helped my mate fix his 205 (1:1 scale!) so it would pass its MOT. Just got back from the local where he treated me to free beers all night for the favour. A very productive day!

i told you it would see it nose permanently in the air!

wish i could take one of my fast off roaders to our common, but my DF02 has no electronics in it :D

any way on topic i fitted a 23t pinion into my CR01, discovered it made no difference at all and put the normal one back in. waste of a fiver.

Today I got very bored and spent far too much money on the 'bay. I am soon to be the proud owner of a decent charger (at last I can just the 1991 clockwork Riko!), a Grasshopper T-Shirt, some random sundries and a TT-01.

Probably not going to get into racing touring cars for a bit, will concentrate on the Mini for now, but will spend a while building it up to max spec that the club allows. It's coming with no wheels - I have some from a bulk eBay purchase - and no body shell, so anyone got any recommendations for a body shell? I'd love a Peugeot 205 GTI/T16 ideally, but I don't think there's one available. Anything else 80s / retro that would fit that anyone knows about?

So my wallet is over 100 lighter, and I've not even bought any LiPo batteries to go with the new charger yet. :) Don't tell the missus! :P

Got my toys today!!!

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

All of them on the same shot!!!

PICT0021.jpg

Badboy

Went racing again. It was a team event, mixed touring, super-mini and stock. I didn't finish any of my three stints - on the first one the pinion was totally wrong and mashed the gearbox. Second one the gearbox was still not right, and I finished about 30 seconds early. Final one I put the correct pinion on, and my team helped me sort it out with loads of motor spray, gearbox oil and spannersmanship.

Then my car got stood on by a marshal, which cracked the steering arm.

Luckily I have a spare part already, but that was that stint over.

Still, we managed to come a very close third out of four - 370 laps to the second place teams 374, despite one of the team having worse gearbox problems than I did, and we had 3 stock Minis and a drift touring car, vs. the winners who had a very fast tourer, two superstock Minis and one "stock" Mini on which about the only thing that's stock is the Johnson motor. Blue bling TRF parts everywhere.

Oh, and I made it back from Bransgore in 18 minutes. 42 minutes was the TomTom prediction. I think my 1:1 driving skill far eclipses my r/c skill! :blink: