Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had to work from home today despite the snow BOOOO :D

Managed to fit in a little fiddling with my Lift'Lux though :P :

Sorted out that ridiculous steering setup, mounted the shift & steering servos (both at the front)

Changed the design of the rear steering lockout & got rid of the steering linkage completely.

I also finished the driveline assembly; the gearbox is laid on it's side & the transfer case turned 90.

In total this gives me:

+40mm increased ground clearance under than transfer case (yes 40mm, that's no typo)

-25mm motor height which means a lower CoG.

Pics to follow when I get chance.

So what have YOU done today ?

D@mn Russ we DEMAND pics of this! And first dibs on any bracketry you are fabbing ;)

D@mn Russ we DEMAND pics of this! And first dibs on any bracketry you are fabbing :D

Seeing as you asked so nicely, here's a couple of teasers:

img19691_02022009234250_2.jpg

img19691_02022009234250_8.jpg

Finally a testrun with my Tamtech Buggy Champ (aka Rough Rider)

Got my adaptercable today so I had a spin off with it!!!

Soooon I'll test it at a real indoor track!!!

PICT0023-1.jpg

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Ordered a Hilux high-lift.... <_< Went through my old toolbox to see what i parts have lying around....

Started trying to get my new (vintage!) Clod to work. MSC seems shot, as does the spare that came with it. Time to get a waterproof twin motor ESC, two Sport Tuneds in it should be fine for now, although I was really hoping to get to use the Performance/Economy switch...

• I made an ebay account, about time!
  • I made a paypal account, see above!
  • I made a new bumper for my 911.
  • I found the metal snap pin stuck to the magnetic motor cover. 2 more were in my drawer and I found my little allen key that belongs with my kit. Treasure!
  • I managed to convince myself that modding my real car with skirts, filter and exhaust can wait so I can get more RC stuff. :lol:

Image009-1.jpg

I should not go on the PC when im tipsy.

I got totally over excited and egged on by everyone else's photos on TC I got my Willy out in the snow.

What a waste of time. The snow totally overwhealmed poor Willy, who just sat spinning his rear nearside wheel. Then, when i picked him up, his right arm fell off.

Bummer. So I immediately went back inside and ordered a chrome edition Clod. No chance of it getting here before the snow goes though :lol:

Can't ever seem to upload pics to the forum so ....... www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=85085&sid=24255

Got my mountaineer in the mail... Still needs a lot of work done to it.....Cleaned up the silicone on the tranny for now. Have to clean the whole truck piece by piece..

Well... It's my birthday today...

Dinner, movie and bed maybe some xbox game before bed...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Having spent the last two days working non-stop on the Clod, with no success, I've had to cave in and buy a new MSC for it. I just want it running for a little while before it gets a full strip down rebuild with new gears, motors (two sport tuneds I think), bearings etc. Might look at dual servos for the steering as the Traxxas receiver I have for it has two slots for Channel 1 anyway. I'm amazed at how little steering there is as stock!

Anyway, finished with that and now on to the LunchBox. Had a problem where it wouldn't go unless it was given an encouraging shove. Something was binding in the drivetrain. Took the gearbox apart, and splooosh! - about half a pint of stale river water falls out of it. Left to dry, then all greased up and back in, works like a dream now, although the Mtroniks ESC is a bit tempramental now, needs a poke every now and then....

Just finished that, and the missus says "oh, by the way, some parcels arrived for you from Hong Kong." Hey hey!! That's the hop-up shocks, alloy hexes and alloy front hubs for the TT-01. All bolted on, and runs great. Will take it car park bashing tomorrow morning before work if the weather is good enough. Finally see what a decent LiPo can do with the EZRun 9T in it.

Oh, and two more EZRun combos arrived, so installed one in the DF-03. Needs a receiver before it's ready to bash - the waterproof box for the Traxxas that I had planned to go in there doesn't fit. There really is very limited room in these things. My plan of mounting the ESC by the air scoop on the Keen Hawk shell hasn't gone well either - nowhere to actually mount it. I'll have to come up with something ingenious, or it's back to square 1.

Now, where to put that other EZ Run...? Bear Hawk? Hornet? Lunch Box!!?

Started to make a hotrod from a Traxxas Street Sport, a semi front axle and a Parma 34 Ford pick up and learned to play Don't fear the reaper on guitar... which lead me to picking up the bass and playing the guitar part on that... Very evil sounding! ;)

Got my TT01 going today. :D Its been sat in the garage for about 1 and a half years with no electronics or gears in it. And amazingly I got a TEU101BK to work first try. ;)

i've cleaned and re greased my tl-01, tt-01 and twin detonator, i also finished ball racing my tt-01, so now im going to take them out to get them dirty again lol!

We had a club race day at The Nookraceway near Wakefield, West Yorkshire,i raced my HPi Baja 5b SS.

Great fun but i am worn out,i think it`s all the running around turning folks cars back over/marshalling.

This thing just refuses to break!!

Found out one thing did break - I've lost all the shock oil from the front right. Weird, no idea where it's gone...just have to refill it!

Today I drove lots after a very busy few days.

Few packs through The Fox and a few packs through the Blazing Star. (Then raked the track level again.)

Replaced the bearings on the CM36s 5700Kv motor (yes I wore out a set of motor bearings!), and the spur gear bearings on the TA03F and took it for a run. Gears screamed for a bit at the start as the spur is slightly damaged because some smart person forgot they pinched an 1150 bearing from the spur and then ran it with the MM drifting with a plastic bush (that melted)... Wearing in the repaired spur and new bearings. I was by no means getting stuck into it and the MM ESC was tamed to about 2/3rd power. Running on Tamiya kit treaded tyres (sticks pretty good too I think). I took the camera and filmed :lol:TA03F_Subaru_Tamed_Mamba.mov....100mb. (You will need Quicktime or VLC Player to watch .MOV files).

Then I got stuck into painting the first of those 1:60 Tamiya Buggy Collection static models. Almost finished the first one. Will do more on it tonight :wacko:

So, What Have You Done Today?

Cheers, Mark

Last night I did some more styrene work on the cab, bed & visor for my Hilux.

Also bought some delrin plate to make new rear suspension arms for my Top Force chassis to fit my Porsche Flatnose with it's new wide wheels.

Pictures to follow tonight.

Packing, packing and packing!!!

Finaly we are moving to bigger apartment!!!

I'll get my own hobbyroom!!! :wacko:

So, what have you done today?

Badboy

Then I got stuck into painting the first of those 1:60 Tamiya Buggy Collection static models. Almost finished the first one. Will do more on it tonight :wacko:

Ooh, I just bought the full set of them - didn't realise you had to paint them!