Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got back into RC for the first time in ages this weekend. I decided to have a massive clearout in the loft - re-organised all my parts boxes and stacked them out of the way, put up some shelves to hold the old chassis and some in-progress projects. Still lots of work to do but at least I have floorspace and I'm ready to install my new workbench :(

Also ordered a Pajero last week, can't wait for it to arrive :D

Got back into RC for the first time in ages this weekend. I decided to have a massive clearout in the loft - re-organised all my parts boxes and stacked them out of the way, put up some shelves to hold the old chassis and some in-progress projects. Still lots of work to do but at least I have floorspace and I'm ready to install my new workbench :(

Also ordered a Pajero last week, can't wait for it to arrive :D

Pictures!!!

badboy

Finally put my money where my mouth is, and signed up for a proper showroom etc.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=24278

Adding all my cars now, Hornet has 38 views since I added it less than an hour ago!!

Good show mate! :lol: But I can't leave comments? Or you don't want comments?

Good show mate! :lol: But I can't leave comments? Or you don't want comments?

That's not on purpose. Had a look and it appears I have "enable comments" ticked, and "enable comments from only authorised users" unticked. Shouldn't that be how it's supposed to be?

That's not on purpose. Had a look and it appears I have "enable comments" ticked, and "enable comments from only authorised users" unticked. Shouldn't that be how it's supposed to be?

It's working now. Only members can leave comments on showroom entries anyway. General public can still leave comments on movies.

I’ve been soldering some deans connectors to the new 11.1v 3c lipo’s the postie brought me this morning! Everything will be faster!!!! Yay!!!

Doing the happy dance right now :P

Always wanted this kit...

3432102466_16ab9c482a.jpg

And TADA the new Jeep!!!! Thanks TAMIYA!!!

3432104590_b43824d36d.jpg

Spent the day mowing the lawn and replacing the speedometer cable in my newly acquired 1:1 Mazda MX-5... Wife's out of town, so I think it's time to order a pizza and spend some quality time at the workbench. My M04 needs some love.

Todays been about sorting the steering in 2 of my rc's.

My brushless pumpkins steering was worn out - the ball joints had worn and the servo saver was starting to get sloppy, so every things been replaced:

Old stuff:

120420090121000x750.jpg

New bits:

120420090101000x750.jpg

I'm sticking with the stock 1980's stuff, as in a crash it'll bend and absorb the impact, rather than tearing a wheel off :)

I've also rebuilt my FF-01 with ball bearings, and sorted the missing steering with a hop up turnbuckle set:

120420090151000x750.jpg

Next step will be shocks, and motor/esc. Once the chassis is sorted I'll paint my Focus RS shell and add wheels and tyres. EZRun Brushless should do nicely :P

Took my Monster Beetle for a spin!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I am new to Tamiya and RC cars, so have been learning how to drive my lunchbox without flipping it. I do have to admit it has a few battle scars, might have to repaint it :)

I am new to Tamiya and RC cars, so have learning how to drive my lunchbox without flipping it. I do have to admit it has a few battle scars, might have to repaint it :)

Welcome to TC!

Battle scars are requiered :P:lol::lol:

Badboy

Welcome to TC!

Battle scars are requiered :):P:lol:

Badboy

Thats ok then but i am unsure what my otherhalf will think though, he bought it for me :lol:

Thats ok then but i am unsure what my otherhalf will think though, he bought it for me :)

If it looks to good you wouln't run it because you're to afraid to ruin it...

It's now done so lets ride!!! :P

Badboy

If anyone wondered (i really doubt it :lol: ), i´m still in r/c. But i didnt renew my membership this fall. I hope i retain my id number when i subscibe again. Havent done much since i build my WW2 last summer. I only drove it once. I just havent had the time for r/c lately.

I hope this season will be better. I hope to build my Pajero and my XR311. That would be nice.

Day was too nice to spend all of it inside building my new VLB, so I spent 10 minutes building a little one...

minivlb01.th.jpg minivlb04.th.jpg

...now off out to play with his big brother...!

If anyone wondered (i really doubt it :lol: ), i´m still in r/c. But i didnt renew my membership this fall. I hope i retain my id number when i subscibe again. Havent done much since i build my WW2 last summer. I only drove it once. I just havent had the time for r/c lately.

I hope this season will be better. I hope to build my Pajero and my XR311. That would be nice.

Welcome back!

Var du på Tamiyaträffen?

Badboy

Took my 14.4v Wild Dagger on her 1st proper run! WOW! Super glued tyres and locked diffs mean lots of dust flying and 4 wheel drifting! It was great...almost anti-social in the park, attracted lots of attention. Probably my biggest RC rush to date. Climbing was amazing like two scrambler bikes strapped side by side, just aim it and nail the power! Unfortunately, I have got home and realised that the chassis is crumbling away :lol:

Need an alu one now!

Day was too nice to spend all of it inside building my new VLB, so I spent 10 minutes building a little one...

minivlb01.th.jpg minivlb04.th.jpg

...now off out to play with his big brother...!

In the end my friend Pete suggested we go to the old Mardave track at Bursledon instead, so we did...

burs04.th.jpg burs01.th.jpg burs02.th.jpg burs03.th.jpg

It was a nice little run as the sun set. Got runs in with the Mini (with its new blue chassis..) the Lancia TT-01 and the DF-03. Of all of them the DF-03 was by far the best. The pin spike tyres had the most grip on the dirty tarmac, and it was able to put down the brushless power easily. It also managed well with the kerbs when our driving failed, jumping them instead of crashing expensively.

Only casualty was the troublesome steering arm on the TT-01 again. I just don't know what to do with it - the kingpin just keeps falling out...

Soon start on my room design!!!

Sorting stuff in boxes. Spare in one box, worn out in other, tyres in another etc...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Today I blasted my vintage TA01 chassis up & down the driveway. Wondered why it was stopping after heavily intense blasts of power... came onto forum, posted the question and discovered that my ESC is not appropriate for my motor and is cutting out to cool down. Went hunting for a new one and now I'm £50 worse off with a new one on the way...

The wife has seen some garden furniture she wanted for £50... I said no.

Thank god she doesn't read these forums!! :o

So, what have you done today?

Right, pay day coming up on Friday. This will be my first pay day in a year where I will NOT buy any R/C stuff. Seriously. Oh God. Must....not....ebaaaaaay....!

Today, finished painting up my new Hornet shell. Decals on tomorrow, shelf it then bash it this weekend...

C'mon then - what have you done today??

Badboy, my friend was at the meeting last year, dont know if it has been one this year also.

Anyway, with the snow gone here, i´ll be going out for my first drive real soon. The Grasshopper and Mad Fighter is first up, if it has dried up at my offroad site.