Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im still trying to fit the back end on my lunch box.....

Keep looking at Top forces as well.......

Took delivery of Fighter Buggy fleabay win, and contemplating what shell to put on it instead of that nasty effort that's supplied with it. Thinking of putting my old MB wheels and tyres on the back, leave the original ones on the front, and sticking my beetle shell with the tail end cut off of it. Might get away with the extended wheelbase with that set up :)

Got home last night and rethought my "scale" Baja Bug runner concept after the Hornet experiment didn't meet my expectations (rear suspension just too bouncy, even with modern oil dampers). My potential solution was to take a Hornet chassis with the front CRP suspension upgrade, and bolt on the transmission from an old Stadium Thunder chassis to the Hornet tub. I'm also using some DT-02 parts as well. So far, so good. It seems to work, although the wheelbase needs some adjustment for the proper look.

Pictures soon I hope. I'm pretty excited about this Frankenbug, however, the proof will be in how it runs.

Steve

Spent the day working on my Bear Hawk. Have the chassis ready for a drive when the sun comes up. Completely standard besides bearings and a TEU-101BK instead of the MSC.

Have stripped the many layers of paint from the extra body that Olly sent with it. To my surprise the body is in perfect condition under the paint. There's not a scratch or mark on it, as if it's never been run on a car. Will let it sit for a day or 2 now and then give it a good clean then hit it with some fine white primer in preperation for some very bright colours.

If anyone has a high resolution scan of the Bear Hawk decals (300dpi) I would be very appreciative. Am also in need of 1 only Rough Rider front wheel/tyre for it. Condition is not overly important as it's only for the spare on the roof (tyre in one piece of course :) ).

I fitted a few upgrades to the Losi Micro Desert Truck. Some bearings and axles that have wheelnuts so it's not a complete joke to take the wheels off to remove the hair that gets tangled. Someone at Losi is a complete moron for deciding to use e-clips to hold the wheels on.

Test fitted the beautiful alloy nudge bar onto the Super Champ that came in the mail from J-man yesterday. Awesome piece of work and perfect for the look I'm after. Can't wait to see what the other part I've asked him about will look like.

And I drove the Grasshopper around lots on it's new 'repaired' wheels (The guilty party knows what I'm talking about).

I had a great day :)

So, what have you done today?

Just finished rebuilding the front end of my Lunchbox with the FX10 conversion parts.

I haven't driven it yet, but static..........WOW!!!! the front end is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

Also received my order from 3M UK , blue low tack masking tape & masking film, delivered to my door in under 24hrs and cheaper than anyone else online.

So what have you done today ?

I built the front end and rear end onto my Brat yesterday. Might build the shocks tonight.

I used the highest gear ratio, thinking I'll mostly use this as a street basher. If I do some mild off roading, I wonder how hot it will get? Looking at those tires, they don't seem like they'll be too useful offroad. ;)

What kind of paint, besides hobby-grade, is good for painting the inside of lexan bodies? I don't want to have to go to the hobby shop and grab my ankles if I don't have to.

I'm a little disappointed to see that a complete tear-down of the rear end will be necessary if I want to change gear ratios...

This has really been a fun build. I can see why people like these vintage kits. They really put some effort into their kits back in the day.

I've made the body supports on my Blackfoot chassis stronger by using some of that metal strap stuff that secures car stereos to firewalls....

post-30109-1243624626.jpg

Seems to have worked as when my lad managed to somersault it, it punched a body post right through the rear tub.

Kids shouldn't be allowed near Tamiya stuff. :(

I put full bearings,motor, and esc into my Clarion Skyline. Polished all of the scratches from my Taisan starcard and made new body mounts for the CC01

Got me this from a friend today!!!

PICT0034.jpg

(a Tamiya-pin)

Also got this the other day

PICT0025-2.jpg

I know it's not RC related but i love that ol' Aurora Pre-Historic Scene stuff!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Been cutting up one of these to make a stronger rear tub on my Kamtec Land Rover after one of the body posts punched a hole right through it.

Roses%20chocolate%20tin.jpg

Finished painting the Falcon Beetle Taisan shell, and came across a problem when making the decals for it: you can't print white. When printers what to print something white, they assume that they're printing on white paper, and so don't print anything. Only way around this is going to be painting an area of white where I want the sticker to go and putting it over it.

Still waiting for the Carson wheels from Fusion - I believe there's a problem with their suppliers :D

Bought some Mad Bull front arms for the Fighter buggy so I can stick the 2.2" wheels on the front to compliment the ones on the back.

Complete impulse buy of a NIB lunchie from Timetunnel. Got the raw kit and a set of ball race bearings for 60 quid! Bargain!

Really must get round to updating my showroom with all this new RC goodness.

Frog Beetle is pretty much done

Falcon Beetle is done just bar the Carson wheels and shell stickers

Fighter Beetle is just waiting the front arms I've ordered today.

And no showroom would be complete with out a used and abused lunchbox :(

Bought some Mad Bull front arms for the Fighter buggy so I can stick the 2.2" wheels on the front to compliment the ones on the back.

Where did you get theses from? I wouldn't mind a pair myself!

I've done nothing today, I'm waiting for the postie to bring all the bits I need to get my cars back together! (A holiday in Cornwall wrecked all 3 of them!)

Where did you get theses from? I wouldn't mind a pair myself!

I've done nothing today, I'm waiting for the postie to bring all the bits I need to get my cars back together! (A holiday in Cornwall wrecked all 3 of them!)

Got them from TimeTunnel.. Tamiya part 9415376 for about a tenner if I remember rightly. Includes the front wheel axles, uprights and steering arms.

Finished the Brat build last weekend, ran it the first time without body. Painted up the polycarbonate shell. Should be done tonight or tomorrow, depending on whether I decide to put a 3rd coat on it.

I'm not at all sure I want to go to the trouble or expense to do the hard shell for it. I'm considering a trade with a local guy; I'll have to see what they go for. Maybe a stock class brushed motor and ESC from the olden days.

I'm pretty surprised how fast the Brat is with the high gear ratio fitted. It's faster than my Traxxas Stampede with with the Titan 12T motor, at least on the street. Of course the acceleration isn't on par with the 'pede, since it is geared so much higher. Can't wait to see it run with the body on it.

Went for a bash with my new r/c boat. It broke within literally 3 feet - prop came off the shaft.

Luckily I had taken the brushless VLB and DF-03 Avante 2001 with me, so had a great bash with those two instead. The DF-03 is just such a great handling car, it looks almost slow even at 35+mph...

Started my VLB last night. First NIB in 20 years. Bit disappointed that there's not much too it - after about 3 hours it's almost done; just the front axles and suspension to do.

Going to keep it stock other than ballraces, and a slightly warmer (27 turn) motor. Look forward to some bouncy two wheeled lunacy!

Oh, and I'm not painting it yellow. Metallic blue and silver paint scheme and some custom decals. SteelRats Lunchbox is under construction :)

Started working on an idea I've had kicking around in my head for a while:

post-22809-1244340577.jpg

Finished the LB - delighted how it came out, and the custom decals seemed to work well (although the lettering could probably have been a bit bigger)

After toying with how to get over the problem of mounting a Kamtec beetle body onto a Fighter Buggy, I managed to do it by taking the rear shock towers from a falcon and modifying the round pegs to square ones so that I could attach some spare body posts from a TL-01, and screwing the whole thing to the existing screw holes either side of the MSC heatsink.

Whole thing works rather well! Will post pics tonight.

Still waiting for the Black Carson wheels from Fusion, for my Taisan Falcon Beetle although Joanne has kept me updated and has chased the supplier. Will be worth the wait I think!

Today. . . Done nothin tamiya related,

But heres what i painted over the last two!

More of a ''what have u done in the last few days but not today thread'' :(

Today. . . Done nothin tamiya related,

But heres what i painted over the last two!

More of a ''what have u done in the last few days but not today thread'' :(

That's an extremely fine looking F350! GWF!

(Edited due to censor not likeing the word that begins with a D and sounds like lamb)