Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's an extremely fine looking F350! GWF!

(Edited due to censor not likeing the word that begins with a D and sounds like lamb)

dlamd ? isnt that rap speak for lamb

Got some stuff today!!!

I got:

PICT0054.jpg

From The Buggy Man!!! Thanks bro'

I got this from a friend:

PICT0056.jpg

The Rough Rider insert box

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Well not so much today but over the last week.i made the mounting for my bowler onto a tl-01 with some corner braces and a rear body post off a mad bull/fighter buggy

IMAG0053.jpg

fitted through back bumper moulding so its still removable without screwdrivers

IMAG0054.jpg

two angle braces screwed to back bumper of chassis then the body post attached to the braces.

i`ve also managed to get the silver and red painted just the black for the light surrounds and grill to go

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

postman pats boy racer mobile ;)

IMAG0058.jpg

pleased with the paint job so far,then need to laquer it and add an interior bulkhead and lights and stuff

Did an impulse buy on ebay and am now the proud owner of a NIB re-re Grasshopper.

Couldn't help myself... it was under $100 AU with 4 mins to go ;) got it for AU$112.50. Collect it tomorrow.

I stripped my taisan all the way down to the gears/diffs and soaked every peice of plastic in hot soapy water then scrubbed them clean with a toothbrush then dried it all and have started putting it back together, done the front and rear gearboxes with arms and the final bits to do still. my knees are hurting from kneeling on the floor too much. i also ordered a NIB taisan shell :D this is going to be my mint shell to remember my childhood and the basher shell incase i ever take it out for a drive again. i cant wait to get it like it was.

i guess its killing the time waiting for my df03ra to turn up, its due monday.

:unsure: im not going to be able to go out for a drink for a while.

Woke up stupidly early (4:30), went downstairs for a coffee and ordered a Clodbuster from Time Tunnel Models. Just now counting down till it arrives :) Luckily girlfriend doesn't mind as long as the bills are paid :D Hmm might pay the bills later on but don't tell her

My new Black Sport Tuned Tamiya 540 motor arrived from HK today via Ebay.

Fitted it and it doesn't seem faster than the standard motor. :)

I knew I should have splashed out on the Ezrun brushless set up..... jeez, sometimes I wish I wasn't married, or ar least wore the trousers in my house. :(

i fitted all the 3racing blue alloy bits to my shelf queen (for now :( ) dt02.

i'll try to get some pics, it looks sharp!

and placed a hefty bid on some frp parts for a certain 4wd buggy.

Picked up my new Yokomo crawler. I know it's not a Tamiya, but I really can't afford a CR-01 and already have a scale crawler (Pajero) so this will be the silly articulated one. Only £80 from ebay (brand new!) as well!

Do need to mod it to fit a standard size battery though, anyone got any ideas? I don't want to chop it up if I can help it, but I can't see any other way...

Today I got drunk. :lol: Wheres my medal.

I also got a DF03 delivered which has been spread all over the front room so you cant watch tv without glimpsing at a parts tree! I matched it up with my dark impact cover which should look sweet as inside, i might have to trim my velcro to fit the chassis though! I ordered 16mm velcro which is probably a bit to thick for the DF03RA, I probably should have gotten some 14mm or 10mm stuff to fit nicer, I will trim off what ive got and make it fit but, ugh its nice to just fit snug out of the packaging.

soon my porsche will be retired to the shelf, and I will be focused on rally and bashing with my new df03. affordable and futureproofed. I kind of look forward to it.

Rich

I startad with my hobbyroom, it's a start but slow... :o

A customer came down to the store where I work and said

that he had a truck that he was thinking of throw away, so next time he'll be

back to my work he'll bring it!!!

So, what have you done today?

Badboy

Took my Brat down to the local bike jumps nice and early before all those pesky bike riders get in the way.

Broke it to pieces! Its the last time I'll bash my Brat, its gonna be a flat ground runner only from now on!

P1020430.jpg

took this out for a spin and popped a driveshaft! I think I need to upgrade the driveshafts, I think they are "twisting"

took this out for a spin and popped a driveshaft! I think I need to upgrade the driveshafts, I think they are "twisting"

Front one?

I had to replace the front shafts with uni joints on my DF-03 when I put a brushless setup in it...

Front one?

I had to replace the front shafts with uni joints on my DF-03 when I put a brushless setup in it...

yep front ones, what did you replace, and can I get em at stella models? cheers

Hahahaha No way this topic still going, cool

Was supposed to be working today but pulled a sicky, bad girl I know but had to take my mad bull out for a run, 17 turn motor, ballraced, crazy fun, drove it up a slide wish I had taken pictures of how big this slide was, it took off like a rocket, all the kids ( and moms) on the park burst out laughing, I sort of thought thats the end of your mad bull babes, what a jump, went so high and so far, really funny, then to see the look on peoples faces, might too as the truggy landed on all four wheels, bounced, landed again and kept on going, no damage, this truggy is a bargain for the enjoyment, Im back down there next week to do it again but armed with a camcorder, hope it goes as well as last time lol

AnGeL

sigh-ing over the fact the seller on fleabay had just cancelled my 1:6 car purchase on the basis of broken item... I'd take it at a discount if it's not that badly damaged... to think that I have a brushless setup to go into it... *groan*...

Went to the L.A. Roadster Show with my dad and uncle for Father's day. Not really R/C related, but just wanted to remind ya'll to rember dad (who prolly helped you with your first R/C! lol) and if you are in So Cal and have not been to this show you're are are missig out! Always great, WELL worth the price of admission...sadly I forgot my camera this year...sob sob.

I took my Monster Beetle for a spin today!!!

And I let my girlfriends sisters daughter try it out for a wile, shes 10...

Nothing got broken!!! :)

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Took the new crawler up to my parents' place to have a go around their rock garden. For an £80 purchase it's surprisingly good. Probably needs a bit more weight on the axles (do people put weights in the tyres on these?) or something, and a higher capacity battery, and it'll be the bargain purchase of all my R/C kit. Although perhaps not quite as bargainous as my latest ebay purchase - a Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans on an F103RS chassis - £35 and literally only been raced 2 or 3 times. Bodyshell is immaculate, tyres show no wear, and the chassis has no scratches on. That will all change though when I whack a decent brushless setup in it and take it down the local track...

HBM, an F103RS doesn't need brushless. I picked one up, completely RTR with radio, speedo and 7 batteries for £52 with the sport tuned fitted (standard in this kit) and it was quite a handful with that on Nicd's!

Matt