Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far ive had to do my tamiya related pennance!!Due to my overexuberance with the stanley knife,paints,glues and tamiya`s with fast motors and soft rubber there was more skid marks on the kitchen table than a drunks undies,so ive been forced into sanding off and re staining the kitchen table.

Still had time to paint my defender though.The thinking was if she`s out and the tables getting done might as well have a quick inside spray session.Now just to get rid of the smell before she`s home :D

Took my frog for a spring run!!!

BUT... The front wheel just fell off!!!

Has it ever happen to you?!!

The hole axle just left the building?!! :):lol:

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

So, What did you break to day?

Badboy

That is a well known problem with the uprights on the re-re Frog. LOL. I hear a lot about it on the forums (which I have been away from for a while actually).

Cheers,

Alistair G.

LOL excellent links!

I just remembered that I have some Loctite anaerobic retainer #601 for doing that sort of thing with. I also seem to remember that if you make a mess of it, putting it in boiling water can soften the adhesive. Be warned, Loctite is fairly pricey stuff. No name brands do the same job but you have to get the correct one. I don't know if Superglue would work as well? Maybe #601 is a form of toughened CyanoAcrylate anyway? Also abrading the inner end of the axle SLIGHTLY with P400 Silicon Carbide abrasive sheet may help the glue get a better grip? Be sure to degrease it BEFORE you start glueing / abrading it though!

Cheers,

ARG

Started to have a sort out, listed some bits in my trades section :lol: still a lot to look through though, didn't realise how much stuff i had accumulated over the years - even found a NIB kit I had forgotten about :)

I used some loctite after that incident Jonny Retro linked to of my Brat at Snetterton. I now have a decent m3 tap so intend to try drilling and tapping spindle and screwing it in place.

Assembled the front & rear suspension of the wild one..

cleaned up the hi lift figuring out how to attach body mounts for a different body.. :)

Made up some link plates out of 3mm ali sheet for the Mega Monster Beetle, and fitted the drive shafts. The after market 3 Racing ones that I'd bought were too long, so they ended up going on the Hilux scaler. Trouble was, try as I might I couldn't get the grub screws holding the drive shafts on the Hilux undone, so ended up swapping over both axles :)

Still waiting for the ends for the top links so I can make them up, but given the shortened wheelbase of the Beetle, there isn't going to be an awful lot of link rod. I'm going to get hold of some 6mm rod, flatten the ends and see if I can make them up without the screw in bits.

It's coming a long nicely. Will be getting hold of the radio gear this week, then just the steering linkages and body mounts to make!

Started building a Mad Rat but I'm am spending more time identifying the right screw's, than building anything lol

Started building a Mad Rat but I'm am spending more time identifying the right screw's, than building anything lol

stick with it.i bought the young un a magnum for xmas and slated it for the build quality and instructions on here.but its as mad as a box of frogs to drive and good fun to be had with it

stick with it.i bought the young un a magnum for xmas and slated it for the build quality and instructions on here.but its as mad as a box of frogs to drive and good fun to be had with it

Yep, although I'm glad I got the "Almost RTR" version...

Ran my Kyosho Assault through 3 tanks of fuel just fooling around and testing after the flywheel came loose last week. Ran great and the weather was in the 70's (F) and sunny, more like a June day than April.

Also test ran a restored and modified Scorpion - my first one ever. Very quiet gears!

Need to paint the Kamtec body. I hate masking lexan. :)

Slapped together a truck cab for my X-Trail out of a couple sheets of styrene:

DSCF0096.JPG

Not sure what kind of truck it's supposed to be, but at least I know nobody else has one...

Today I installed a new 4300kv TACON brushless motor in the M04M.

DSCF2168.jpg

I also completed installing the electronics for the JL10e. It gets the 9T 4300kv eZRun motor that was previously in the M04M.

DSCF2188.jpg

I bought myself a Wild Willy 2 (Now comes with ESC) and the Boy Racer Series, all 3 of them; voltec fighter, thunder blitz, wild ceptor :)

Managed to get them all in one of those Tamiya box/carton.

Brought it home when my missus was not at home and place it next to my other Tamiya cartons.

I doubt my wife will be able to spot the extra box :)

Now I am still thinking if I should be greedy and get more Boy Racer Series as there are about 9 more of them left in my LHS.

Decisions decisions...... :blink:

:) Just logged in quickly to say "Hello my friends on TC" :blink: Still on holiday at the coast so today again had fun running cars on the beach. Neo is having a blast with the Neo Falcon and I have some great shots that I will post once we are back home.

Regards from a beautiful St.Lucia on the South African North Coast.

Henk

After many weeks of assembly, (mostly applying decals), my Castrol Toyota Celica is born!

Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/razu_uk/sets/72157623411157450/

Took it for a run in a closed gravel car park, with my mate who has the Delta. Was all kinds of awesome :)

Found a big buried stone that made a nice ramp. No sooner had I said, "I'm going for a jump, hold on to your hat", the car was airborne and loving life. And no sooner had it landed that it rolled to a halt and stopped responding. Somehow the switched turned itself off.

The major problem was medium sized stones getting caught in the rear wheels, (or somewhere in the rear transmission), stopping them going round. A quick blast of reverse seemed to fix it. Bit pant-browning, as sometimes when it happened the car that was steering and turning right became a car that was steering right yet turning left!

Didn't glue the tyres, so I guess I'll get a little more response when I do, but it was cool as it was.

I've put a $1000 kiwi aside for dentistry to ensure my teeth are all good before our move to Australia. Today my appointment rolled around and shock horror my teeth are fine, no fillings or anything to do ;) just $55. So I went out for a nice dinner, came home and spent $125 on a NIB Nikko Thunderbolt and I still have plenty left should I need another car...

:)

James

I got a late birthday pressy from Trail Jero!!!

Thanks bro'!!!

I got 3 antenna for SRB's!!!

Also got new (vintage) knuckles for my Frog!

And best of all...

Original decals for Sand Scorcher (mint condition)

So, What have you done today?

Badboy