Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nipped out to the local hobby store at luchtime for some more supplies.

Ordered a heap of aprts from time tunnel this arvo - thats what Friday afternoon's in the office are for !

i got really close to finishing my clod build. i can't wait to get home tonight to complete it.

our company christmas party is tonight though, so i'll have a buzz when i finish it up. lol

Got a good start on building my Holiday Buggy. Will finish the chassis tomorrow, and maybe take it for a quick spin, if it stops raining for a few minutes. Then, it's on to bodywork...

I slept til 4pm earlier, i usually try and get up for half 1 after doing a nightshift. Today (Saturday I'm going to get in from work, grab two hours sleep, go out to Clydebank to visit my Granda and watch him beat my old man at chess (again) then go home and paint my focus shell. I think that's the only thi g that needs to be done for the kit to be complete again, I'll need to charge the battery and check the drivetrain after the rebuild back to standard. I'll also need to have a look at the contacts on the msc as I want to keep it standard and running well.

Well, got up at the crack of Dawn.Dawn wasnt amused.......

Got the lads ansmann out to have a look at getting it running again for him. 3 coffees and a few cigs later still cant be bothered with it. mebbes some progress later.....

Well, got up at the crack of Dawn.Dawn wasnt amused........

the sound of a drum kit falling off a cliff - *boom tissssh*

Well i got it going. Put a teu101bk in and a stock silver can and remembered why i do actually like the magnum as a runner despite loathing the build

Guest Greg67

I actually got some sleep today/ Only been getting about 4-5h a night lately with work.

Spent 3 hours fabricating and mirror polishing custom shock mounts for the new shocks on the mad mod clod

put the ball diff back in the rear box of my TB Evolution 3, put the spool in the front box, adj suspension settings, took the drift tyres off and put the sorex back on, we have a track car again! and man, a fast one at that! mmmm i loooooooooove novak brushless!

Got to the track at 10am and left at 7pm.

After my attempts to run my F104W with a 10.5t brushless and then 13.5t brushless I eventually decided to put the silver can back in, its ridiculously slow on the straights but handles great in the corners now.

Rebuilt the diff on my Cyclone TC.

Ran 6-7 battery packs through Cyclone and enjoyed it a lot. There were 7 of us racing with similar cars and it was a great laugh.

Heres the track:

Messed with my DT02 in the remains of the snow. It's perfect for a 2WD buggy now; Just a thin layer snow with a crisp surface...

dt02_ice2.jpg

But very difficult to get a nice action shot with an Iphone when you have to drive the car at the same time...

DT02_ice1.jpg

Rebuilt part of a Kyosho Optima MID LWB. Had to do the diffs twice, because I didn't realise they used 1/8" diff balls the first time (used 3 mm balls instead). :P I also used some Cross one-piece thrust bearings. Then I wondered where Kyosho got the five-handed people required to properly assemble the rear gearbox without getting the belt caught between the parts and the gears out of alignment. Then re-did the rear gear box assembly two times because something was binding, which I could not find the cause of, until I had a good look at the rear diff gear and realised there was rock hard dried grease between the teeth which my day long soak in water with dishwasher liquid did somehow not remove... :lol: Then I had some fun with bent e-clips that popped off. Anyway, came less far than I had hoped.

i've been watching it rain for 3 days and wishing it was snow!

on saturday morning i woke up to a 1/2 inch of snow, i quickly got my clod ready and ran outside to run it before it melted.

then shortly after it started raining and hasn't stopped since.

Stripped down the Falcon Beetle gearbox to see what was causing the problems I had at the weekend bash, only to find all that was causing the problem was a broken solder joint on the brushless motor! Still, the strip down, clean and regrease probably did it some good.

Have also started on getting my Mad Rat going, after it's sat with it's ******* end in bits on the shelf for the past year. Ordered up a replacement spur gear, and the aluminium motor plate hop up from Fusion. Hoping it'll be ready for the Kent Beach Bash in the New Year.

With the beach bash also in mind, I have two Mad Bull based cars that have been sitting around not doing much that would be perfect. One just needs a receiver, the other just an ESC. Have the ESC, will probably move the receiver from something else for now.

Am also considering doing some swapping around with motors. Taking the twin brushless 13.5 out of the Mod Clod and sticking the two 550s back in there. One 13.5T going into the Falcon Beetle. Then the 17.5T from the Falcon Beetle into the Mega Monster Beetle, leaving one 13.5T to go in the Mad Rat.

Best use of all available motors I fancy! :lol:

Guest Greg67
Thread title + pic says it all! :lol:

post-20428-1291974433_thumb.jpg

Oh man, how's the back after that?

Sooo close to final assembly of my Buggy Champ. Clear coat is on, looks great. Just have to spray the black antiglare panel in front of the cockpit, put the decals on then assemble the body.

- James

I slept from 8-2pm then watched a few episodes of Lost and sanded back the paint bleeds on my focus shell

snow! we got a couple of inches last night. i went out around 10pm armed with my clod, a cuban cigar, a few beers and a 1/2 pint of whisky.

the entire neighborhood now has clod tracks all over it and i have a bit of a hangover.

snow + clod = happiness :blink:

Ordered £90 of spares from time tunnel :blink: - must stop doing these restorations !

Finished rebuilding the Optima MID - almost. Just need to clean and rebuild the shocks, and replace the front axles by universals as on this particular MID (actually the Optima Skyline scale car version) the dogbones can pop out of the outdrives when taking a turn...

the entire neighborhood now has clod tracks all over it and i have a bit of a hangover.

hahaha.... :blink:

Have finally finished the main painting stages of my original Sand Scorcher shell, I stripped the original paint from the shell and painted it about a year ago. I was never satisfied with the few paint bleeds I had. (that bonnet is shockingly difficult to mask :( ) So a couple months ago I stripped it a second time, time on this one is well up there and of course I have now invested maybe 6 cans of TS and maybe 3 cans of oven cleaner now :( Anyways this time it came out pretty tidy, couple of minor bleeds but I used a creme cleanser and cut and polished out some imperfections. I then remasked and repainted the roof blue section. Looks great now, and very shiny, will post in the main showroom in the next couple of days :lol: A couple of little touch ups worked well decanting some TS and brushing on :)

James

I ran my Dark Impact on a frozen lake. Even put an Ipod videocam onboard: Video

vlcsnap-32331.png