Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who knew installing electronics in a TA01 was so dangerous? :angry:

Anyway, hope it heals well.

Done today: Installed some leds on my TA03 build, soldered a Deans connector to the TA03's ESC, and soldered some leads and Deans connectors to some vintage motors. Painted part of a 1/24 Tamtech shell.

I broke it playing football, (I was in goal) I tried to install them when I got home.

New project on the drawing board, and this is a bit of a depature from my usual ones, in that it starts to venture into the field of hobby robotics, but still has RC as the main core.

A little while ago I bought myself a mini video camera with the intention of mounting it on my cars for some in car action footage. More recently I've mounted it onto the bonnet of the MMB and using it as a camera car, so that I don't have to rely on bits of rock and scenery to balance it on when I'm taking video footage of my cars. After chatting to someone on facebook this morning about my collection, they said "I bet you could build a robot!", and an idea began to form about using a Heng Long 1/16th scale model tank as a basis for a RC Cam Bot, complete with panning and tilt camera from the transmitter.

Managed to pick up a donor tank with broken electrics (which I was going to replace anyway) on the bay this morning for £25.

Doing the research for this has opened up a whole new branch of interest and I can see my RC hobby branching into an interest in robotics. Once I've got the donor vehicle and started work, I'll post some pics :)

I got myself an Ultrasonic cleaner at long last. Been meaning to buy myself one for ages then, out of the blue, I just impulse buy one in CostCo this afternoon. Now I'm just watching Starman on Channel 5 while I shrink wrap some more stuff. I've done 7 of my kit boxes so far... amongst other things.

Got more travel of suspension and more steering look on my ta01.

What have you do today?

Put a stronger servo saver on my Tamtech GT-01, and painted my new Futaba 2.4 FHSS controller steering wheel red!

Cheers,

Skottoman

futaba.jpg

Ordered an alloy servo mount - hopefully the last item for my Clod project.

Routed and secured the wiring, and cut out the bodyshell ready for paint (waiting on some paint masks)..

IMG_0147.jpg

Watched the racing at my local club, took my Hornet for a bash at the beach, fixed a servo saver and finished my daughter's 4th birthday pressie off:

4thBirthday1.jpg

Did the lettering on my Scorcher, Boomerang & Wild One tyres. Used Pental white paint pen. Easy as.

1. Rebuilt and ballraced a Striker/Sonic Fighter gearbox

2. Went through a huge box of RC screws and fasteners and sorted them out. Every size and length now has it's own zip lock bag

3. Assembled and glued new set of drift wheels and tires for the TC4

so what have you done today???

Mark

Me had a good day!!!!

I bought some stuff (Stuff being secret for now) for my new project off my good friend Kevin_Mc. It was a pleasure doing buisness with you. I'm just waiting for it to arrive!

And I finished my scale pallet.

So what have you done today?

Finished masking and started painting my Clod project shell. Realised fastrax chrome paint is actually pretty good til it's backed with black when it turns more silvery (will back with silver next time!). Painting didn't go so well, I used some sheets of masking a friend gave me, and they weren't as effective as they should have been. Too late now, not too disastrous thank goodness. Got two more layers to add tomorrow and then it's decal time!

Finally decided to go lipo so bought new charger , charging bag andbattery packs.

What i have done today... I finally made an area in my garage to house my projects (even though there is only two but its a start), I made a mount that rotates for the vehicles to sit on, bit of a slap together but it works. I am also drooling over all these parts ready to rock to put in my Sand Viper... I'm waiting until i can get everything posted in before commencing so that i can do it as a whole job not bits and pieces.

I'm putting in a 4600Kv Castle Creations Brushless with Sidewinder Version 2 ESC, metal diff gear, Lipo 4000Mah battery, Shock socks (Some may say this is gay, but i like them), Heat sink, 3 Racing 5 spoke tyres and rims (black), all electrics have Deans plugs to be put on. Thanks to TA Mark for his input and tech advice. Thats about it, then i'm going to get a leash in order to tame this baby, and try and hold it back.

Then when it arrives i have seen and since purchased an RC10 body on the DT-2 chassis and fell in love with the out there look, so I'm going to paint this baby up either really dark purple with sparkle or blood red. It's going to be sponsored by "Rockstar" energy drinks and a few other aftermarket sponsors... I don't know about you but I'm excited... hope it all goes well.

wish me luck with the build as it is my first and I will be putting some L=plates on.

What have you done today?

I bought alot of SRB parts from JR-RC.

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

I Bought a lot of Vintage kyosho parts today, needless to say im a happy boy as there are some very rare and nice items included :o

Asked about MB Gearboxes on here, read some advice about spraying with PC paints and an airbrush and unpacked the "interesting" green Falcon that arrived today.

All it needs is some front uprights, lucky they're easy to get.

Oh, wait a minute.....

Cheers,

Dave

Started work on my RC Tank based camera bot. Stripped out all the internal electrics. Removed the top gun turret. Tested the two motors, ordered up a couple of ESCs and managed to find some replacement tracks!

Will start work on the turret mounted camera and see if I can find a cheap-ish 4-6 channel radio set at the weekend.

Looked at the weather, hmm, not too bad, so charging some batteries, fixing my Charger body to Clodzilla, sorting out a couple more cars for my son Jake and myself, then off out for our first good driving day of the year.

Yesterday picked up some Tamiya silver and smoke PS paint.

Last night added some flame detail in Faskolor Pearlescent Red by brush before shooting the Pactra Fiery Orange rattle can as the final paint coat on my Cloider project. Followed this up with Tamiya smoke for the window tint; and as per all the threads on here ended up with a light smoke with a bit of a watery/condensation look to it. At least it does a fair job of hiding all the wiring and the huge Traxxas ESC under the shell.

This morning waited for the small postal van that delivers the recorded mail - nothing. I have one parcel to collect from yesterday (LiPo atteries), and no doubt tonight i'll have further notifications at home this evening to collect my lipo bag, charger and power supply.