Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cut, shaped and smoothed a piece of brass to fit the TamTech battery compartment, then dismantled the shocks and added internal limiters to lower the ride height. Sits much nicer now, all ready for it's next race.

I finished building my M06Pro at about 1am this morning. I must've been having a bit of a dumb day yesterday because it took me all day to build it for some unknown reason. :huh:

Been looking at brushless heli motors, foubnd just what i was looking for and then realised there doesn't seem to be any motor adaptor plates in the UK. Holmes Hobbies make one that's sold in the US, for a mere £6 but i hate waiting for weeks for stuff to arrive from the US.

anyone know of a motor mount adaptor that allows use of smaller motors with 19mm spaced ounting screws in a space designed for a 540 motor with 25mm (?) spacing ??

I had a tidy up under my desk at work, that's where a few of my projects are living at the minute, including my sons birthday Double Blaze, my HPI rally Focus, a couple of old knackered shells, the box for my Acoms 2.4g system,

I have another box containing some Nikko runners I am planning to use at Jakes birthday party as 'run-abouts' for all of the kids to race. They cost me nothing more than some 9v batteries and a clean up, sort out the crystals and solder on some antennas and I'll be away.

Put in my subs today, yay. Tamiyaclub has given me a little peace and happiness from the real world problems over the years, hope I can give a little back and do the same for someone else.

Day off, so I attacked my Manta Ray... 1st stage of full strip and clean.

Before

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzYtMjAxMTAzMTEtMTk0Mi5qcGc.jpg

After

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjgtMjAxMTAzMTYtMDAzNy5qcGc.jpg

Got lots planned for this :(

I recieved my Tamiya SRB Stand from ebaymember Plazmost!!!

Awesome looking stand! Works fine with Super Champ also!

Can definetly recomend this stand. I found it "buy now" under Ebay search "Tamiya Sand Scorcher", "Tamiya Buggy Champ" and "Tamiya Ford Ranger".

Now go buy some! Can definetly recomend these!!!

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Visited a couple of LHS, bought some front spiked tyres, PS paint, and styrene sheet (They didn't have polycarbonate, so I hope this will do) for Falcon body resto.

Bought a heap of screws, bolts, nyloc nuts etc for new and current Falcon projects.

I met up with mtbkym01 and picked up my latest project - TA03 TRF.

Looks like the front of a TA03F and the rear of a TA03R.

Maybe run twin motors? :blink:

Plus what appears to be enough parts to build another car too.

I'll post up some pics of that when I start the resto.

Spent too much time on here, read a few Astute threads, went on ebay where i found one with 3 minutes to go and the result is fatal - Astute on its way :blink:

Went to mail depot to pay import duty (£17.70) on Hobbyking order, so added to the order that came from their German warehouse duty free earlier in the day i had this lot to check....

Hobbyking1-2.jpg

Not bad for £135 including the postage and duties..

1 x 2.4GHZ radio set

2 x extra 2.4GHz receivers

45A Brushless ESC

3980kV brushless motor

2 x 2200mAh 25C Li-po packs

1 x 4000mAh 30C Li-po

Billet Aluminium MG959 15Kg coreless digital servo

Same equivalent quality products in blighty would have set me back well over £250, maybe nearer £350.

Then finished adding the decals to my Blitzer Beetle shell..

BB3.jpg

Cleaning my hobbyroom and got new tyres on my Chevy Blazer!

Sorting out my toolbox and sorted screws etc...

Badboy

did some work on my Hummer,

it now got,

Hard Joint Cup for Ball Diff

Hard Joint Cup for Gear Diff

Front Universal Shaft For TA02W

tamiya 35T crawler

aluminium motor plate

rubber sealed bearings

strengthened Propeller Shaft

stiffer springs

still got to,

lock the gear diff and put it in the back

ball dif in front.

remove several layers of paint from the body

find some decent tires.

Went to the modelzone at the site of the old beatties, in the west end, got some tamiya pot paints, a 0 size brush and some squadren white putty for use on my next projects. All set for a summer of rc heaven. Heads up they had a buggy champ for £199 bargin. On the way home I saved a damsel in distress, her chain had come off of her ladies bike she couldn't get it back on becouse of the chain guard, nice to be a hero for a second :)

Today, I joined the Rob Mitchell Racing team.

DSCF0438.JPG

Made myself promise I'd clear the decks of a couple other projects before starting this one, so it will be a while...

Oh I nearly forgot I ordered a pajero xb for my uncle, from Fusion, Joanne made it a great first order. I should have someone to trail with now :P so much in one day, nice things made me feel lucky :lol:

Last night i loaded the Blitzer Beetle with a Vapextech 5000mAh NiMH stick pack; glad to say no issues with the motor stuttering on this battery pack, unlike the Ansmann 1900mAh NiMH and Tamiya SSR1400 NiCd packs i'd tried Sunday. Perhaps the Ansmann Launcher 17x2 motor is a bit thristier than i'd given it credit for.

Put lots of cars that I've had in bits for the last couple of weeks back together! Stuck a Mtroniks Storm X ESC in the Clod so that I can run it LiPo with brushed motors. Reassembled the DF02 with 8.5t EZRun brushless motor, 2.2 HPI Star wheels and Dirt Hawg tyres and my (now) rather battered old Cuda shell. Probably going to ditch it and buy another one as it'll work out cheaper than cleaning up the existing one. Going to do a Monster Cuda II with this little set up. Initial mock ups look rather good. Instead of the metallic purple of the MC I, the MCII is going to sport a rather eye catching metallic green paint job, courtesy of Pactra (while I'm sitting here I'm seriously considering painting the star wheels flat black... ooh that'd look niiiice with the green...). Also because with fact that I've substantially increased the ground clearence of the standard DF02, I'm considering making up a tin under plate to cover up the gaps in the chassis tray and also extend the sides to stop dirt and muck getting at the electrics, as well as covering them up from view.

I've also gotten hold of a high torque metal geared servo for the Mod Clod. As the front diffs are locked on this car, a standard servo has a great deal of trouble turning the front wheels. Hopefully that should work much better.

Planning to have another crack at the Mad Rat gearbox which has proved to be the bane of my life since I bought the thing. Given that I'm going to stick my Proline SWB Baja shell in Sand Scorcher colours and a set of sand paddles on the back (HPI Firestorm 2.2 MT wheels with HPI Sand Throwers), I'm seriously considering just locking the rear diff and have done with it.

Took my crawler out for the first time this year!!! Awesome to be able to run it outside without alot of snow!

Sorry guys, but I forgot to take pics...

Badboy

my wife has been driving me crazy with house projects.

i have a ton of parts for a crazy rc10 build just waiting for me to build it.

and i've been itching for a new kit.....

so i ordered a stadium blitzer re-re and a set of bearings. i just couldn't pass it up, the price was right. lol

my wife has been driving me crazy with house projects.

i have a ton of parts for a crazy rc10 build just waiting for me to build it.

and i've been itching for a new kit.....

so i ordered a stadium blitzer re-re and a set of bearings. i just couldn't pass it up, the price was right. lol

Nice one Pete :P

I probably should have bought a rere stadium blitzerrather than restoring the blitzer beetle but that's the benefit of hindsight. My BB sure goes well on Tarmac with a 17x2 motor in it!

I spent 2 hours fixing 2 body panels to my newly built R1 - yep, 2 hours for 14 nuts and bolts. Thankfully the roof and hood panels went on in minutes. Now to find the programme instructions for the ESC!

Been designing a scalextric car, 8 hours on it in the last two days.

What have you done?

I've just got back in from taking my Avante out for its maiden run in the park. I tried doing a video. It's my first attempt and I was on my own so quality is a bit naff. I'm uploading it now but the footage is raw and unedited.