Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I spent two hours running a battery through every car I currently have complete, (wife and kids got bored after 30 minutes)

Then I fettled everything that needed it:

Replaced a kingpin I dropped on Clodzilla, and locktighted them in place, I forgot that when I fitted my alloy steering.

Played with the steering settings on my thrasher TB01 Evo VIII and replaced the finally knackered rally blocks.

Fitted drift tyres to my TA03F Pug 206 WRC and realised that I really need to practice long sideways slides.

Gave my brushless TB01 Focus it's first serious run, and promptly shredded the tyres, blimey this thing is quick and powerfull.

Swapped the motor in my TA01 to a 21T with a 19T pinion, it now drives much better.

My son ran two batteries through his Double Blaze too, still nothing broken on it yet despite him jumping it three feet off of the ground on a kids bike ramp.

I love it when the weather is good!!!

Windy as badword. 55knots of it in the gusts, so not for the faint hearted or lightweight cars. Alas, I took my TNXe for a spin on the track. It works quite well with the Graupner Ultra brushed motor at 14.4V, although it lacks a little top speed. I don't think I dare change the pinion, as the ESC might just give in. Could easily trim the jump curves, though, so perhaps I should just live with the truck as it is. Or get a Mamba Monster Max for it :-)))

So, what did you do today?

Picked up some Star Dish wheels and tyres from my LHS for nicks :P

Oh, and organised a refund on a misunderstood deal :unsure:

Ran at least 1 battery through each of the following cars...

GT01, GB01, M03, M04, M06, and Buggy Champ.

Was a good day for driving!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Today was a good day.. Drove into town, had coffee with my fiance then dropped her off for her reiki course. Drove back home with the windows down and a seasick steve cd on full blast :unsure:

Watched the F1 and chilled out on the sofa.. tried to research brushless motors for my TXT-1, the castle monster max is looking like the best option - still need to research lipo batteries though!

All home for tea and now chilling out before work tomorrow!

Glued a set of tyres to their rims, charged up about 8 lipo packs. That's it, watching The Masters now.

Discovered theres even less of the original parts I can keep in my Optima restoration project. Gearbox cases cleaned up well mind. However, this is the first car I've seen with all four drive shafts bent like bananas!

Went to start the strip down of the Vanquish but Sky box chucked a wobbly and I entered a pitch battle between the sky box randomly switching off and me trying to watch the F1.

Ummed and ahhed whether to bid for a Tamiya Egress on ebay, bid anyway thinking it would finish higher and ended up winning it - sort of good, sort of "oh no what have I done?" :unsure: Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't totalled up the rebuild cost of the Optima this evening.

Worked on Old kyosho truck i've had tossed in a corner for 10 years.

Which truck is it?

Ummed and ahhed whether to bid for a Tamiya Egress on ebay, bid anyway thinking it would finish higher and ended up winning it - sort of good, sort of "oh no what have I done?" :)

Awesome, isn't that a Vanquish and now an Egress this month? Well done, post it. :)

i seriously hurt my back on saturday, so i'm not doing much. i barely made it to work.

i did get 1/2 of a stadium blitzer built friday evening before i hurt my back.

i seriously hurt my back on saturday, so i'm not doing much. i barely made it to work.

i did get 1/2 of a stadium blitzer built friday evening before i hurt my back.

I didnt think a stadium blitzer was that heavy :)

I finally managed to finish painting my Avante driver/cockpit and I cleaned up the tyres on my 'runner' Avante wheels that had a lot of that 'mould relase' stuff on them.

Very interesting looking truck Dan.

I cleaned and re-arranged my hobbyroom again. Weird that there seems to be more in there than I can remember.

i de-chromed my Porsche twists, still need another go at stripping the front ones fully as they're patchy but the (wider) rears seemed to strip easier.

Foaming oven cleaner is the daddy, now all i need to do is find silver dye to dye them, my Cosworth wheels and multi spokes in

i sold my pride and joy last night, a 2001 volkswagen new beetle 1.8t (highly modified, big turbo upgrade, 400hp) to a good friend.

so this morning i had to buy something. i've always wanted to try out 1/8 offroad and now that brushless 1/8(i never liked nitro) is possible i ordered an associated factory team rc8be.

i'm pretty excited about it. i still need to pick out and order a bl system for it and get some 4s lipos.