Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i sold my pride and joy last night, a 2001 volkswagen new beetle 1.8t (highly modified, big turbo upgrade, 400hp) to a good friend.

so this morning i had to buy something. i've always wanted to try out 1/8 offroad and now that brushless 1/8(i never liked nitro) is possible i ordered an associated factory team rc8be.

i'm pretty excited about it. i still need to pick out and order a bl system for it and get some 4s lipos.

that will give the clod something to think about lol!

LOL, i know. something tells me that the rc8 will cut a clod in half.

check out the long jump vids of rc8's doing long jumps,50 meters (20-30 meters high) and drive away. insane.

What a project this one was.

Looked like a nice Supershot in the pictures, then the car showed up, everything was damaged, cracked and bent.

Gurrr.

well lets make lemonade from a lemon. Raided my 20 year old parts bins. I was able to track down all the correct hardware for the driveline.

all the re-release stuff is different from the original parts. The only thing i didn't replace was the body(for now)

Its runs and drives original MSC is restored, along with the technipower motor.

DSCN0271.jpg

That is very nice, one of these is very high on my wishlist, trying my hardest to get one as we speak :lol:

Ordered some traxxas steel pinions from 12T to 18T, 2 of each.

Put the Electrics in the Rally project and figured out on a spread sheet what I need to get to get all my cars up and running how I want them. Now just to figure out what is best to start with :unsure:

What a project this one was.

Looked like a nice Supershot in the pictures, then the car showed up, everything was damaged, cracked and bent.

Gurrr.

well lets make lemonade from a lemon. Raided my 20 year old parts bins. I was able to track down all the correct hardware for the driveline.

all the re-release stuff is different from the original parts. The only thing i didn't replace was the body(for now)

Its runs and drives original MSC is restored, along with the technipower motor.

That looks sweet as! :unsure:

Well done.

I've been out bashin'! Absolutely glorious weather down here in Kent, and I've been waiting for a decent day like this for months! Had a good 4 hours, a few minor breakages, loads of pics and a resurgence of enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby :)

Pics!

Today I loaded my car boot with two TB01's, my TA03f 206, my old Kyosho Mini and my sons Double Blaze. Then me, my two kids and Jakes friend Ellis went to a local unused industrial park for a couple of hours.

The kids were let loose with the DB and my bashed TB01 Evo, they took turns thrashing them around cones on the paved area and rally over what would have been a flower bed if they had ever planted any. Two batteries each and the only damage was a stripped king pin on the DB and a split wheel on the Evo VII.

I managed about 5 minutes with my Mini before the motor jammed. It's an old silvercan so no big dramas, and I had forgotten just how quick it is.

My 206 managed 10 minutes before a tyre peeled off and the rim scraped to death, bought pre glued, the other three are fine but there's no sign of any glue on this one.

My brushless TB01 Focus shredded a set of rally blocks the other day so I put a set of treaded drift wheels on it today, 40 minutes on a single 4000 mah Lipo. I am a Lipo addict now. This thing is so quick, and easier to control through the slides, not that I am any good at it, lol.

The kids loved it, and I get to spend the afternoon cleaning them.

This is what a week off of work is all about, yay!

I finished the paintjob on my Kyosho Maxxum FF today, and the decal+trimline job too. I really wanted to avoid the catastrophy of the last paintjob, so I took a lot of time to do this - with much better results :D I should've done it way back, even if it's not a 100% pro job it looks very, very good! Sad really that I am only finishing it's restoration to sell it on :(

This afternoon i decided that i would drag out the madcap i have had in my garage not working for 10 years at least. having had my 6 yr old son see it on the shelf and ask can he have a go on it. so out she came. shocked that i haven't touched it in that length of time, i charged the battery just dusted it off and.......................................... :D

WOW was i shocked off she shot at an impressive speed for an old girl un changed from her out of the box status some 20 yrs before!! :(

so now i'll be looking at what hop-ups i can buy for the old girl and give her a upgrade!

any tips would be welcomed as i have not got a clue of what to look at or do!

Been teaching my little boy (2 years + 4 months) how to drive!

After a couple of high impact crashes I had to fix some makeshift front and rear bumpers to his 1/24 scale "e-bo" as it's rwd and a bit too quick for him :(

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MzUtMjAxMTA0MTktMTYxOS5qcGc.jpg

Rebuild some red Kyosho shocks with fresh o-rings, decided they were awful, although they finally stopped leaking. Fitted 'em to my Striker, discovered the springs were too soft. Swapped them for the CVA yellows, which unfortunately leak at the top cap but work in every other aspect and provide the right amount of damping combined with some HPI RS4 rally spring.

Tested the Striker's second-hand electronics, and was happy to discover that they worked, including the tremendously rusty looking CAM Super Stock 27 turn brushed motor I had. :(

Now I just need to finish the shell and make some protectors for the sidepods from lexan sheet. Then it will get a field test.

I found the Radio gera for my Lunchie, Added the 3rd rear shock mod and now the Lunchie is going :lol:

Well it was yesterday actually, but I'll tell it anyway... I took my Monster Truck to college to drive it through the building :lol: After all, the hallways are pretty empty after 16:00, and we also have a building that's not in use unless there are exams... Those linoleum floors are good fun! I better take my rally car with me next time to do some drifting! B)

I finally went and changed out the motor, steering servo, receiver and put a suitable ESC into my Striker project. I've also fitted the CRP chassis stiffener, now redrilled properly to fit straight, and added the supplied bumper aswell. Yep. I finally got it running again after all this time! :huh:

I've also sorted out the steering servo on my Mud Blaster project, I hadn't centered it when I installed it, while I try to salvage the paint job I've wrecked. Why oh why is the Subaru Brat so difficult for me to paint? I'm having next to no trouble (so far :lol: ) with my Monster Beetle shells... apart from running out of paint again. :huh:

I'm now in the process of charging up my battery packs so that I can go to the park sometime this week and have a quick run around with my Avante and Striker now that they're both pretty much done. Seven down, five to go! :huh:

What has everyone else been doing this fine Easter Sunday?

My parents treated me to some golf lessons for my birthday 2 weeks back so today I had my 1st ever golf lesson (I am pretty much self taught and been playing on an off around 15 years, last 5 years only playing about 4 times per year). So it was nice to know that there a few kinks in my swing I need to address lol. Anyway after my lesson I was booked on one of the local courses for a round with a mate of mine and I was putting what he taught me today to good use, shaving 3 shots off my previosu best on the course, one happy boy and still ahve 5 more lessons to come :huh:

I went round 19 over today, was pretty happy, would have been even happier except for 2 par 3's (Both over a lake) where I stuck it in the lake on both of them scoring a 5 and a 6 (ouch).

Got on with my F.A.V resto!

P1040446.jpg

P1040451.jpg

P1040455.jpg

P1040461.jpg

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

My parents treated me to some golf lessons for my birthday 2 weeks back so today I had my 1st ever golf lesson (I am pretty much self taught and been playing on an off around 15 years, last 5 years only playing about 4 times per year). So it was nice to know that there a few kinks in my swing I need to address lol. Anyway after my lesson I was booked on one of the local courses for a round with a mate of mine and I was putting what he taught me today to good use, shaving 3 shots off my previosu best on the course, one happy boy and still ahve 5 more lessons to come :huh:

I went round 19 over today, was pretty happy, would have been even happier except for 2 par 3's (Both over a lake) where I stuck it in the lake on both of them scoring a 5 and a 6 (ouch).

Does Tamiya make a RC golf car?

RC car meets golfers

Gave my stock re- re Frog and Hotshot a run for first time in about a year. Forgot how slow stock but great fun :huh:

Finished the facelift/rebuild of my beat-up CC01 Pajero, and took it for a little test-run before the rain came back...

DSCF0463.JPG

I dont think so no, but the question is what have you done today and thats what i did :angry:

I think the point was that this is TamiyaClub, not Facebook.

Hi all!!!

You have to end your writing with "So, What have you done today?"

So the next dude can tell everybody what he's been up to!!!

Tamiya related of course!!! (forgot that so edited)

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

If you read my first post, I wrote it should be RC related (Tamiya of course)

Cheers

Badboy