Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got my Dad to show me how to solder properly, and between us we put new wires on my WO msc and on the original motor.

Well chuffed as I can now get my WO resto running, and spent some quality time with the old man.

Would like to know if it can strip Tamiya PS spray paint that has been cured for a few days or weeks. Maybe you can test it with a piece of scrap Lexan and some PS spray.

Cheers,

ARG

No spare lexan so not going to happen for some time i'm afraid.

Got my Dad to show me how to solder properly, and between us we put new wires on my WO msc and on the original motor.

Well chuffed as I can now get my WO resto running, and spent some quality time with the old man.

Can he show me? <_<

I had my father in-law solder my deans plug on tonight hopefully that one stays soldered and it is a far better job than my effort(s)

Stripped rear gearbox of Clod project (louding clicking when running), to find 44T counter gear almost in pieces, the small 'pinion' section had about 4 teeth left in tact. Considered Delrin and aluminium alternatives from RC4WD but shipping is stoooopid money (for two gears ca $40) and knwoing my luck i'd get done for import duty, vat and handling on top of the $70 parts n ship costs. So £6 to Europro for some neew Tamiya nylon gears it is !

Watched a Falcon go through ebay, didn;t look bad for £23 +£8 shipping, no mention of how good the R parts were though lol!

I have just helped two friends get a start in rc. Both have ordered full set ups including 2.4g, LiPo and EZruns. One ordered the Stadium Blitzer re-re and the other ordered a DB01R. Soon I will have more people to run into. :wacko:

Then I ordered all of the re-pro parts (I hope I can say that here) that I need immediately.

I hope Big Brother doesn't catch me.

Stripped rear gearbox of Clod project (louding clicking when running), to find 44T counter gear almost in pieces, the small 'pinion' section had about 4 teeth left in tact. Considered Delrin and aluminium alternatives from RC4WD but shipping is stoooopid money (for two gears ca $40) and knwoing my luck i'd get done for import duty, vat and handling on top of the $70 parts n ship costs. So £6 to Europro for some neew Tamiya nylon gears it is !

Parts arrived yesterday, usual excellent service, so got on with rebuilding it all - test run tonight.

Stripped down and cleaned all the parts from my latest ebay buy - Vanquish. Only two broken parts ! Just need to find a new body now.

Watched a Falcon go through ebay, didn;t look bad for £23 +£8 shipping, no mention of how good the R parts were though lol!

Been watching a few things go through myself, usual random prices, might have a cheeky bid today and see what I get :wacko:

Finished the cosmetic parts of my Jeep Cherokee

gallery_1222_96_2173.jpg

gallery_1222_96_53002.jpg

gallery_1222_96_117934.jpg

gallery_1222_96_12471.jpg

gallery_1222_96_42646.jpg

The colours of the RC and my 1:1 XJ are more similar in the flesh than in the pictures. If I have a complaint, it's that I should have blacked the window frames. The front wheels are actually in the right place although it doesn't look it. The rears are too far back (98mm links). I'll be making my own links out of 3mm thread and ally tubes. Just waiting for payday to get a Spektrum DX6i (getting one of these because I plan to get a truck and maybe a tank and would like the extra channels) The Egress will be getting restored after I finish the Optima Mid restoration (nearly there)

Finally Switched out the JST power plug on my scorcher's TEU-101BK for a Futaba Plug to tidy up and remove the adapter i have been using and fit a new Hitec 7966 hi speed servo on my F104 PRO...All and all a lazy Friday.

And I thought that 2415 bearing in the CR01 gearbox is anoying. We gave a 1/72 Italeri Mil Hind 24 model to my son Neo for christmas last year. Now I'm the one doing most of the building and painting as in this scale there are a lot of very very small parts which he can't get to grips with. When I give him another model will be in 1/48, should then at least mean more for him to do than me ending up doing the work.

Finished my HB2010 shell and need to paint the jerry cans and then everything should be finished.

What have you done today?

Started to rebuild my Vanquish ebay win - rebuilt all the rear end including making a new stabiliser bar. Swapped the copper bushings in the hubs for some rubber sealed bearings while i was at it. Just got the shocks to refill with oil , fit and thats the rear done.

Got a refurbed Technigold RX540SD motor to drop in to pep it up a little.

C parts arrived yesterday so progress the Vanquish rebuild, all chassis now complete, just servo's and radio gear to drop back in, and need to find a body.

Stripped the 3 speed hilux , to see what i will need .

Left hand side chassis rail ( passenger side ) .. As the one i have is screwed .

Uni's all 4 of them .

Shock rubbers & boots .

Rear Axel tubes L & R side .

Shock brass bushes .

Gear box rubbers .

Motor mount & rubbers & screws to hold gear box too motor .

Tyres , Maybe rim's ( rims just tatty , but still work )

Servo box , battery holder .

Body

& i'm sure more stuff , just need a manual to see what i need . ;)

Watched a load of Tamiya stuff pass me by on ebay, not too worried really as they were only speculative bids anyway. By 6pm i was feeling a bit cheated though, so put a silly bid on a Duratrax Evader Buggy, and got it for £7. Given end-of-line-rc have a load of spares and hops ups at silly money i know whatever might need replacing can be done for £20 which will make it a great basher to leave int he boot of the car.

Finally got around to building my Boomerang Re-Re, Fitted with 23T RZ, Mtroniks Viper 15 ESC, Full bearings, 2.2 rubber and 17T Steel pinion, cool build IMO.

Went on a Hobby shop raid, brought parts home and installed some. My boomer racer got a set of Parma front roll bar holders and the Rear got a Parma Ant-roll bar setup. I also threw in an Ez run too top it off :D

Finally got around to building my Boomerang Re-Re, Fitted with 23T RZ, Mtroniks Viper 15 ESC, Full bearings, 2.2 rubber and 17T Steel pinion, cool build IMO.

Hi, don't suppose you happen to know how good the brakes are on that Mtroniks Viper RV15 with a stock 540 kit motor or a Tamiya Sport Tuned when using an SRB (Sand Scorcher, Super Champ, Rough Rider, Ford F150 XLT, Buggy Champ) would you? I am eager to know as I plan on getting one for my Scorcher and maybe even fitting a GT Tuned motor.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Hi, don't suppose you happen to know how good the brakes are on that Mtroniks Viper RV15 with a stock 540 kit motor or a Tamiya Sport Tuned when using an SRB (Sand Scorcher, Super Champ, Rough Rider, Ford F150 XLT, Buggy Champ) would you? I am eager to know as I plan on getting one for my Scorcher and maybe even fitting a GT Tuned motor.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Hi Alistair

So far I've only tried it in short spurts in my shed, it seems to pull it up very well, remembering thats with a 23T aswell. I did have to solder a diode across the terminals on the motor according to the instructions coz it is a brake only ESC (Diode is included in the packet)

Bought another car off that ruddy auction site evilbay, without wanting too :D

I'm sick I tell ya, SICK!

BTW, there is now a BigWig on it's way to me

Bought another car off that ruddy auction site evilbay, without wanting too :angry:

I'm sick I tell ya, SICK!

BTW, there is now a BigWig on it's way to me

<_< how you do that :o

Got up at 10 (Iwork nights). Had another think about my Mad Bull steering, tore down the Hornet chassis and cleaned it. Then had a think about mods for it. Had a look at the tuber crawler chassis to decide what to do with that. Had some dinner, phoned office about work tonight. Not a bad day.

Hi Alistair

So far I've only tried it in short spurts in my shed, it seems to pull it up very well, remembering thats with a 23T aswell. I did have to solder a diode across the terminals on the motor according to the instructions coz it is a brake only ESC (Diode is included in the packet)

Ahh I just figured something out, you must be talking about the Mtroniks Viper Tempo 15 (forwards only with brake), not the Mtroniks Viper RV15 (forwards and reverse with brake) that I wanted (and is about 2x the price LOL).

Thanks anyway. If anyone has used a Viper RV15 I'd love to know what the brakes are like on an SRB with a silver can / Sport Tuned.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Took pictures of the missus playing with my Lunchbox.

(Only on TC would a comment like this be perfectly normal)

Took pictures of the missus playing with my Lunchbox.

(Only on TC would a comment like this be perfectly normal)

:angry::o<_< no it still ;) & so true .