Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cool, thanks for the tip :)

In other news, this evening I fitted a return spring to my Spektrum DX6i throttle stick. ;)

Took my little lad to do his first tv advert shoot ;)

Was on a farm, took all day! should have brought an r/c :)

Took my little lad to do his first tv advert shoot ;)

Was on a farm, took all day! should have brought an r/c :)

Not something you do everyday !

Today I put some Electrics in my recently purchased Astute & took it for a run, hooked up the batt & gave the throttle a squeeze only to hear the motor & gearbox going flat out while the car just crawled along :)

I knew what the problem was straight away (flashbacks from almost weekly diff rebuilds on my Kingcab) so I pulled out the diff, added a couple of extra shims & a generous helping of balldiff grease reinstalled it & tried again.

It now runs perfectly :) I've now got some new diff parts on the way so when I retire my Astute it will get a fresh new built diff( not till I've had my fun with it though)

Also visited a friend yesterday & swapped him my old 27mhz tx & rx for my old TA03f back, I swapped the TA03f for his Monster beetle about 4 years ago & only recently finished restoring the MB.

The TA03 is looking a bit worse for wear now considering it was almost mint when I gave it to him but it will be another project sometime down the line.

he also gave me an old Tamiya pit bag with it which I will use to store parts in.

img27857_12082011164457_3.jpg

Took the Axial Wraith for a 25 minute rip around the beach first thing !

Ordered up some HPI sand tires, front & rear for the Blitzer Beetle re-release !

Next task today, clean up the Tamiya "hobby cave" in the basement :).

Took out my steel king tiger for a quick run and did a video of it. 10.2Kgs on the move :)

Stripped down and cleaned a Technipower motor and resoldered the disconnected negative power lead. I must admit, I'm not good at soldering so the thing may not even run :) I was about to fit it back into the Supershot but then realised that the smaill metal pipe that is used to align the motor to the gear box (depending on pinion size) was missing so need to get one on order before I can fit it :)

I do have spare brushes but want to see how it performs with the old brushes before I throw out the old ones.

Fitted new gear shafts to my TT01, started screaming abit to start with and not really going anywhere, then realised the batt was almost flat :) working v nice now. Next to fix the steering.

I dusted off the old Hornet and re-installed the Novak Super Rooster esc and the Speed gems "jade" 15x4 MOTOR. All my battery packs are old and none over 1800mah lol.. So I ordered a couple 4600MAH packs and waiting on them so I can play with this Hornet once again as I did nearly 20 years ago.

Found a new hotshot for restoration... Missing a few stuff on it.. Any idea where to get the parts?

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Other than did some more stuff to the TRF201.... I put the 10T Ezrun SCT ESC and motor in my Losi XXX-SCT now just have to finish the oil change over in the shocks.

Drew out the template for the chassis plates for my upcoming custom Clodbuster. Taking my slightly modded Super Clod and doing a full on Mod Clod. Extending wheelbase by about 40mm, stickign some wheel wideners on, Imex Pullers, and a twin brushed ESC that will handle LiPo (Traxxas EVX2 most likely - assuming it'll take 3S). It's going to be a beastie! Will start a build thread once I get underway.

Drew out the template for the chassis plates for my upcoming custom Clodbuster. Taking my slightly modded Super Clod and doing a full on Mod Clod. Extending wheelbase by about 40mm, stickign some wheel wideners on, Imex Pullers, and a twin brushed ESC that will handle LiPo (Traxxas EVX2 most likely - assuming it'll take 3S). It's going to be a beastie! Will start a build thread once I get underway.

Sounds like a good plan ! . :) will be looking into this project .

rebuilt my rough rider shocks > be interesting to see how much oil is still in them next week lol!

Today has been very strange so far, in a very good way!

First off, I got to drive my TRF201 for the first time! The first spot where I went (a local skate park) was no good - a lot of trash, broken glass and I crashed due to driving over a piece of trash in a corner.

Therefor I decided to go to the parking lot of a huge (and currently abandoned) market house/halls (one where they can arrange fairs etc). On my way to the parking lot, I noticed a door to one of the halls was open. It was my dream to drive in those halls with an RC car: 100x100 metres (and perhaps even more) of extremely flat tarmac/concrete flooring in EACH HALL (They have about 5 of them)! :) So I decided to find the people at work there to ask them if I could drive around.

And guess what? 5 minutes later you could hear the silent whistle of a brushless motor in one of the halls! So I just had an amazing drive with my new TRF201 driving on what you could say is the best onroad surface one could ever wish for! And with the size of these halls I actually managed to shoot the car to it's top speed for a few seconds before I needed to steer or brake to stay clear of the walls :) I unfortunately don't have pictures, but believe me, it was a blast! And a perfect place to make an indoor track. If only RC was more popular here, then I might be able to arrange an indoor track there :lol:

Today I did two things. One good. One bad.

On the good side, I've cut the chassis plates for my Mod Clod build. Just the filing and smoothing of the edges before making up the joining beams out of threaded rod and tube.

On the bad side, I royally ******* up the paint job on a Proline Silverado body for my Slash. First go at using liquid mask, and ... well... it's a mess; just one of those "nothings going to go right today is it?" jobs. Have just about managed to cover up most of the foul ups with stickers and from a distance it doesn't look too bad, but this one certainly won't be going in my showroom! :)

digging trenches for 6 hours then had to replace the servo in the Terra Scorcher.

Gave the Baja 5B a full service. Then put several tanks of fuel through it around the backyard track to get it all dirty again. The poor track is a bit worse for wear afterwards and all rutted out again. The Baja really does tear it up badly.

Put the aluminium body mounts on the Lunchie they fit a treat and hopefully will stop any more mounts breaking

Broke down the rear end of my rough rider, washed 20 years of grease and dust from the alloy parts and started to brighten them up a little (front already done)

Really must have a sort out int he RC shed too - far too many projects on the go and danger of parts being mixed up lol!

Just had an engineer round fixing the braodband, so sick of it breaking down i bought a back up Wi-Be system in case it fails again lol.

While he was doing that i found time to fit a new spur gear to my Kyosho Stinger MKII (it eats them like i eat weetabix!) so hopefully this one will last another 6 runs, must get time to speak to my mate about getting him to cut some steel ones for me.

Broke down the rear end of my rough rider, washed 20 years of grease and dust from the alloy parts and started to brighten them up a little (front already done)

Really must have a sort out int he RC shed too - far too many projects on the go and danger of parts being mixed up lol!

Well one project almost complete !

Dropped the electrics into the Rough Rider rebuild (what a pain setting up the steering servo is !), fitted the wheels (original, not the best condition but good enough for now) and dropped the runner (Kamtec lexan) shell on. Looks pretty good, just need to sort out a front bumper and perhaps some lights at the front.

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

Unpacked another two boxes of ebay buys (a 75% complete Sand Scorcher chassis, two nitro engines, and a Martini Porsche 935), and cleaned up the nitros ready to sell on - no doubt for pennies !

Did a couple of high speed runs with the TT-01 with the front diff locked, much more controllable now and stays in a straight line for much longer. Also tweaked the timing up 2 notches on the speedo to get a bit more top end from it, although difficult to tell if it's made any difference.

One of the lower screws holding the front uprights on fell out and I lost the ball out of the lower suspension arm. Fortunately I have spares and can knock out aother sleeve on the lathe. Thought I'd lost the drive cup as well, but found that in the back of the chassis. !