Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well actually it was yesterday but I spent a lot of hours tinkering around putting my Christmas gift together. :D

Looks awesome! Just wish it were a different color! Haha.... I just did an FJ40 shell in dark blue with those same wheels/tires... Guess great minds think alike!

I was noticing your CV joint into your rear axle looks very "angled", Mine is much straighter than that with the stock links. Maybe it's the photo, or maybe the links are on wrong making the axle rotate down?

EDIT: I see what it is... the small plates that the bottom links screw to (on the chassis, not axle) are backwards. You can see the mounting point is somewhat off center. You have yours mounted with it more towards the back of the truck. They need to be reversed to be towards the front of the truck. This will rotate your axle to point more inline with the drive shaft, straightening your CV joint.

See the photo here, and the mounting location for medium wheelbase.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/chassis/cc-01.php

Looks great though, and I bet you're still looking for goodies for it!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looks awesome! Just wish it were a different color! Haha.... I just did an FJ40 shell in dark blue with those same wheels/tires... Guess great minds think alike!

I was noticing your CV joint into your rear axle looks very "angled", Mine is much straighter than that with the stock links. Maybe it's the photo, or maybe the links are on wrong making the axle rotate down?

EDIT: I see what it is... the small plates that the bottom links screw to (on the chassis, not axle) are backwards. You can see the mounting point is somewhat off center. You have yours mounted with it more towards the back of the truck. They need to be reversed to be towards the front of the truck. This will rotate your axle to point more inline with the drive shaft, straightening your CV joint.

See the photo here, and the mounting location for medium wheelbase.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/chassis/cc-01.php

Looks great though, and I bet you're still looking for goodies for it!

Cheers,

Skottoman

OH yeah so I did… I must have put them back in the wrong way when I was doing the 4 link as I know I have them right the first time (had to take it of 2 times. don’t ask why long story).

*Edit* all fixed now

IMG_0674.jpg

I did wonder why it was point down like that good pick up though. And yeah still looking at a roof rack and some goodies to go in it.

is yours PS30 and any pics?

I did wonder why it was point down like that good pick up though. And yeah still looking at a roof rack and some goodies to go in it.

is yours PS30 and any pics?

Here's what I did recently. Another shell for a CC01 I'm building. Haven't done the chassis yet, so it's just the shell. Will have the same wheels as the spare. (Same as yours!)

I don't recall the PS color, but I don't think it was 30, it's a darker blue...

Clear coated with matte clear on the outside, body lines, metal foil hinges, stickers, home made roof rack, door handles, grab bars, antenna, custom made styrene rear bumper...etc.

Still have some lighting to do, and the chassis too..

Cheers,

Skottoman

fj_shell_1.jpg

fj_shell_2.jpg

Cleaned up the optima i bought 2 years ago.... Never done anything it with yet since then..

Also cleaned the rc-10 i just got.. ;)

Upgraded my newly acquired Willy XB with ball bearings, oil shocks, steel pinion, new receiver, and a brushless motor/esc. Since I chose a light 2822 outrunner and will be using a small 3S LiPo, I also reduced spring pre-load to compensate for weight reduction. It took me 30 years to discover and purchase a Willy, and what a miss that's been :-)

Note the motor:

006.jpg

Top view. Note how close to the gearbox the motor sits

005.jpg

The motor is a $6 (incl shipping) unit on a cheap HK ESC, and it goes really well. Despite a little (0.2sec) cogging, it wheelies like it should :lol: I made a small adaptor of a piece of 3mm alu with countersunk motor screw and put a couple of spacers to the 25mm motor mount screws to avoid protrusion above 3mm.

Edit: I have spent the last 2 hours with a big grin on my face bashing the Willy around in the living room. And as everybody states; Willy handles much better than what it's appearance would lead you to believe. I just can't help wanting to have some steering even when the front wheels are lifted......I'm thinking "electronic diff meets" Willy......

I know this may get me expelled from the site, but I had to try out a set of Stadium Blitzer wheels on the Willy:

dec28_11006.jpg

I think it looks quite nice, and lowering the CoG didn't hurt the handling either....

I know this may get me expelled from the site, but I had to try out a set of Stadium Blitzer wheels on the Willy:

dec28_11006.jpg

I think it looks quite nice, and lowering the CoG didn't hurt the handling either....

Looks good and now you have the choice of all the tires that fit the blitzer wheels . proline sling shots are just awesum on sand .

dec28_11006.jpg

I like that, does the tyre size reduction affect gearing much? Can you go to a bigger pinion? I think one of these is gonna be my next purchase.

I like that, does the tyre size reduction affect gearing much? Can you go to a bigger pinion? I think one of these is gonna be my next purchase.

The circumference of the original WW wheels are 33,8cm, and the Stadiums are 29,8, so around 10% smaller. This would be almost exactly eliminated by using a 20T pinion instead of the stock 18T pinion.

Looks good and now you have the choice of all the tires that fit the blitzer wheels . proline sling shots are just awesum on sand .

OK - interesting. Thank you!

The circumference of the original WW wheels are 33,8cm, and the Stadiums are 29,8, so around 10% smaller. This would be almost exactly eliminated by using a 20T pinion instead of the stock 18T pinion.

Great info, cheers

Spent a few hours on my Bowler project last night, will update the build thread later. I'd forgotten how painfully slow abs shells are to work with !!

Tonight i was planning on a bit more time with the Bowler build, but i got distracted by the Falcon stickers on the work bench. So that was it..

Stripped off the poor quality white vinyl decals i'd started to apply (and were peeling and discolouring after a few weeks on the shelf !)

Replaced them with some quality clear vinyl ones

Finished painting the driver figure and installed

Job done !!

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Mtroniks ESC and a vintage Futaba RX installed, just not routed the aerial cable to its running position.

Painted and decaled my HPI Ford GT body for the shelf

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Doesn't fit perfect, but does the job

Finished my Blitz ESE Pro chassis after two days of working on it. I just need to add receiver/ESC/motor, take it for a test run, and paint the shell. It's kind of fun to compare it against my homebrew DF02-based SCT.

-Paul

Finished the painting for my CC01 Bowler, its not got any exterior details on yet but I'll work on those. Not seen a green one before, not sure if I like the colour or not.

2012-01-03201118.jpg

2012-01-03201059.jpg

Finished the painting for my CC01 Bowler, its not got any exterior details on yet but I'll work on those. Not seen a green one before, not sure if I like the colour or not.

2012-01-03201118.jpg

2012-01-03201059.jpg

It looks great , but i'd maybe back the green with silver to make it pop ?

2012-01-03201118.jpg

2012-01-03201059.jpg

Yesterday I decided a grey bowler was boring, at lunchtime today I ordered some lime green car paint. Tonight you show me my bowler lol!!

Trimmed the lexan and applied window masks to a HPI Ford F150 Flareside body to use on my TB03 chassis. This looks like an easy body to paint and decal.

-Paul

Finished the F-150 Flareside to my liking... The chassis is a Tamiya TB-03; the shell and wheels are from HPI.

Paint is PS-16 Metallic Blue and PS-31 Smoke. The details are all decals.

-Paul

Finished the F-150 Flareside to my liking... The chassis is a Tamiya TB-03; the shell and wheels are from HPI.

Paint is PS-16 Metallic Blue and PS-31 Smoke. The details are all decals.

-Paul

That's a great looking body in a lovely colour.

Cycle charged my batteries and put my lipo's into storage charge, as it doesn't look like I am going to get out running anytime soon. My Wild Dagger blew over in the wind, it's been that windy here in Catterick.