Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

been burning the midnight oil..

Egress undercowl now masked off ready for smoke tomorrow

Egress rear wing masked off for bright silver tomorrow

Egress body retrimmed in places to the correct trim lines, and all edges tidied and sanded. Currently looks like this...

IMG_0011.jpg

not bad for a 20 year old body, stripped of its original paint.

totally not bad mate.......great job :angry:

:D Spent money on EVIL-BAY , Now i need to save again for Bruiser . ;)

But i was for parts i have needed for some time :angry: .

no need to be sorry,,,,,looool...this is alwyas the case with Vintages parts to get them before they are harvested lool

Cut out my re-re Toyota TS020 shell and then cut out my re-re Nissan R91CP shell. I've never owned a TS020 before but the shell is very thin, at the oppostite end of the scale my R91CP shell is really solid, more solid than the original. Where as I think the TS020 shell will implode if hits anything, the R91 will destroy anything it hits lol.

Nice work on the bolt heads Skottoman! You have a steady hand, it took me ages to do my first set of wheels :angry:

Can't wait to get both of these running, am thinking of going Matt Black on the R91 - think it will look very cool and now that bodyshells will be available I can experiment :D

no need to be sorry,,,,,looool...this is alwyas the case with Vintages parts to get them before they are harvested lool

:angry: Your not helping :D .

Started work on my R91CP...

r91_2.jpg

r91_3.jpg

NICE shelf to put your box :angry: ....

I have been thing about getting the R91CP & toyo tom's . So what do you think about the R91CP so far .

Looks like a good build .

Thanks for your time & have a great day .

NICE shelf to put your box ;) ....

I have been thing about getting the R91CP & toyo tom's . So what do you think about the R91CP so far .

Looks like a good build .

Thanks for your time & have a great day .

It's quite a basic kit, but that's what makes it fun! Was able to build a running chassis in about 3 hours taking my time.

Now the body will take a bit more time... very nice, and pretty cheap kit actually. Hard to find a kit for under $150 these days!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Nice one Wez - doesn't look as transparent as i thought.

Yeah not too bad is it? More pics in my thread ;)

Sprayed the Egress shell and spolier PS-41 bright silver, and the undercowl and window sections with PS smoke.

All left to dry overnight now, masking removal tomorrow - hopefully no horrid mask lines or paint bleed ;)

Finished a second DB01R. I built the first one about a year ago and my son and I have been sharing it; this one is for me. ;)

Since the DB01R is a chassis kit, I had to order the Baldre body set and Durga wheels separately. I like the black wheels more than the white wheels that come with the standard DB01 Baldre kit, especially with a black body. I didn't feel like getting too creative with the paint scheme, so it's just a basic black spray job with foil decals. A few decals were predominantly white; I left them off the body because they seemed distracting relative to the overall scheme.

The Tamiya power connectors will be replaced soon with some Deans... I just wanted to throw some weight in the chassis for photos and some basic suspension setup.

-Paul

Calicool and I went out and ran our MOGs today. We searched for a good spot and found a wonderful place for off road trailing.

Good varied terrain, and even a place for on-road cars in a huge clean parking lot. New RC playground found!

dual_mogs_1.jpg

dual_mogs_2.jpg

Cleaned and ball raced my dual hunter . i wonder why tamiya assembles the gear boxes in the factory , its nothing special.

at assembly i was looking at the back bit and figured , one could make it 4wheel steering with a bit of parts.

Last night finished my 'Shot hybrid project ..

Supershot chassis & rear wing - bought from ebay as a mixed parts lot

Radshape front suspension brackets

Hotshot II body

Dark Impact wheels and Schumacher spike tyres

Added some repro Supershot decals to the body - not exactly easy given the differences in the Supershot and Hotshot2 body shapes ! With a bit of tweaking here n there it looks OK - it'll be a runner anyway, whole lot cost under £50 so can't complain. Won't bother with bjmodels decals again though, what were described as clear vinyl turned out to be a mix of white and clear ; overall they look OK and for a frequent runner good enough I suppose.

Last Night - Made a start on all the wiring on my Funco / Champ .Lots of Soldering needed :blink: . Looks like a bunch of spaghetti at the moment but i'll get there in the end . :lol: .

Bought this

IMAG0186.jpg

Me too - just picked up a copy on the bay for £18 delivered

Been meaning to buy a copy for 6 months -it will keep me off ebay for a while so overall i see it as a cost saving lol!!

Finally had some time over the weekend with the wife and child away, so I was able to diagnose/repair issues with both front/rear diffs on my DF-03ra to take it out for a nice run/bash, painted the inside spaces of my new 2-piece gold Porche wheels flat black with a toothpick to make them disappear behind the mesh better, installed an LED light kit into my Lancer EVO-X "drift-spec" body, and continued to apply the gold pinstriping to my '77 "Smokey & the Bandit" Trans Am body.

Next up, paint/detail the Audi Quattro Coupe body for my M-O4 (Kawada wheels/tires ordered today). Goal is to look like pic below...

audi_quattro_coupe.jpg

post-37196-1329838155_thumb.jpg

Not really what I've done today, more what I've been working on recently :wub:

Made this -

P2160071.jpg

Now painted and fitted -

P2230075.jpg

P2230076.jpg