Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ran the blitz , the dual hunter . lost a preload space from the original dual hunter pogo sticks , the grub screw in the front gearbox got undone. rebuilt it and fitted some really old shocks from a TGX donor car. its weird watching the dual hunter actually have suspension. will test tomorrow how it handles . it will have to do until proper threaded shocks arrive from hong kong.

Built the Bruiser.

Bruiser pics etc.

Just the Chassis so far, thinking about a colour for the body... something very dark blue or green grey... Maybe use a military colour and make it shiny.

Looks great , You almost wonder how many people will just put the body on and go ;).

The paint is going to be the longest bit , I think .

Wish we could have get the body a month ago , so we could have done it by now ;) .

Bet a few people will start & just finish it , then head straight to work , after a long night building .

Is this what you did ? . Started building & could not stop .

Yeah, I actually painted it today, will take pics when it dries properly, so tomorrow.

Didn't use the stock colour or the stock stickers, but I used a set of stickers I had left over from another Hilux kit...

colour is TS-53 Deep Metallic Blue over plain white surfacer.

The other frog made some progress with a new body and found a chain tensioner for the odd one.

IMG_1186.jpg

I had a totally different idea for this chassis but this will look good.

Yeah, I actually painted it today, will take pics when it dries properly, so tomorrow.

Didn't use the stock colour or the stock stickers, but I used a set of stickers I had left over from another Hilux kit...

colour is TS-53 Deep Metallic Blue over plain white surfacer.

Sounds great , I have just got body set's for the bruiser . Last night , jr-rc had them with alot of other RN36 parts .

So i got a few of them as well . Most went in minutes . I got bumper sets , interior sets , body sets , rim sets , etc .

So now i can paint my body , B4 i get my bruiser .

The V12 kit leaped out of its box and assembled itself last night, and this morning it demanded I do donuts on the dusty studio floor with it.

DSCF0648.JPG

Such a simple car; I think there are about 12 moving parts on the whole thing. Going to be fun out in the driveway, if the rain ever lets up...

So what do you think about it ?. Looks like the leaf springs need to be softer ?.

But it runs great & like the original .

Looks like the tyres are hard , as it bounces when you were trying to get up that step .

Just like the original LOL . I may get different tyres to see if the traction is better .

Thanks for the shots & the video .

found out again that taking pictures and driving is kinda hard , also a camera with a fixed 35mm lens isn't ideal . also had to convince a stupid security guard that im not a security threat to the parking space :lol:

The Blitz triple

20120401-blitz3ple1.jpg

20120401-blitz3ple2.jpg

20120401-blitz3ple3.jpg

Not rc related but i've built a BBQ using a old 55 gal drum . Just needs the grill making and a coat of high temp paint . Same thing in B&Q is £200 . This has cost me next to nothing :lol: .

His eyes are AWESOME!

I was going to fix that but then I thought if you were in the buggy & I was driving your eyes would look like that to :lol:

bruiser-693-1.jpg

That looks fantastic, good to see it gets run too :)

are those decal in the Bruiser kit or are they from a Hi-lift?

Today I managed to finish painting a Frog body(been sitting half painted for a while)

& painted my Fox & Supershot bodies, during the week I'll trim them up & decal them.

SDC10856.jpg

Not the best painting but they're all for runners so they'll pass.

Completely tore down, cleaned and ballraced the TA03R-S that Willy made me buy :)

Removed the soldered on ESC from the motor and added bullet connectors I stole from a spare HPI 35T motor (that last bit took forever since the iron need a new tip and wouldn't get hot enough to melt the solder)

Took the first pull from my work-in-progress Sand Scorcher interior buck so that I can chop it up and start on the occupants and accessories without ruining my radio box...

post-38458-1333397331_thumb.jpg

Won myself a mint condition Blackfoot with original body. All it needs is radio gear. Will likey ball race it as well.

Today I built this.

58515 TT-01 Celica GT-Four

The driver set is sold separately.

528032_10150909436023294_709708293_12671060_1608525186_n.jpg

...are those decal in the Bruiser kit or are they from a Hi-lift?

Thanks,

They are from my High Lift Hilux kit.

Won a Monster Beetle off the auction site. Will need some cleaning and painting.

Dropped some Advan drift tyres onto a set of Speedway Pal 5 spoke black rims, fitted to the TA-01 drift project in favour of the sparking drift tyred gold BBS wheels - bit less bling :lol:

Painted and mounted the replacement for the side mirror I snapped off the Jugg2 - Was told by the gf as soon as I'd finished "Good! Now don't go driving it through any more bushes!"

Hopped up my Lunchie with CVA shocks all-round, braced front of chassis, and completed 3rd/5th shock mod with a CVA mini shock (built to 70mm length). Test run/bash tomorrow, but looks very promising.

So, what have you done today?

Bought myself a Super Hotshot.

Can't wait to get it and build it!

I have been bidding on a handful of vintage super hornets lately and have not been successful. Wrecks selling for $100.00? Their is obviously fans out their wanting one for their collection, like me. Cheers Iplan