Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tonight I was able to get the last coat, white, on the Frog re-re shell....

IMG_0004.jpg

Then the best (or worst if the paint has bled :( ) bit - removing the film to see that lovely shiney lexan...

IMG_0010.jpg

98% perfect, not bad since this shell is a bit tricky to mask in places !

I used cherry red, to get a richer pink than box art - must be my feminine side coming out :lol:

Ordered More sand scorcher parts , Got the rear metal kit as djmcnz suggested :D .

Now all i need is a battery <_< Would love to get the humppack 7.2 for the old days .

Just need to find some , So if needed i could put in nmih in . :ph34r: .

For now i will get a life 6.6 .... Then again i do have some stick packs , That i could

change to the humppack . <_< genius !! :lol: . No need for applause :lol::lol: ....

I'm trying my hand at scratch-building scale stuff from styrene at the moment, influenced strongly by Skottoman. So far, I've made 2 suitcases, a coolbox, a roof-rack and a barrel. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they'll do for me! I'm currently trying to make a 'Radio Flyer' pull-along cart to go on the roof-rack, so pics soon!

I've planned to buy a Wild One re-re in a few months and, as usual, the first step is a wish list on a post-it. It's the rite I make every time... a sort of pre-shopping :)

wish%2520list.jpg

Load of parts in today so..

ORV 1 - original frog rebuild...

got the re-re decals added to the re-re shell

driving lights painted and attached

new rear swing arms fitted

driveshafts, new bearings etc installed

torque tuned motor and steel 16tooth pinion installed

wheels fitted

ORV 2 - a hybrid of parts !

new set of wheels and tyres built

re-re shocks finished thanks to the C parts from above project

swing arms, drive shafts all finished

TEU-101, Hobbking RX and servo installed and wiring tidied

Just got to decide on a body for this one now - a spare Kamtec Baja shell is looking favourite at present :D

Loads of parts for DB-01 arrived, but nothing doing with them today

Oh yeah, bought a TLT-1, then went and bought a carbon chassis and some blingy blue alloy bits :D :D :D

Oh yeah, bought a TLT-1, then went and bought a carbon chassis and some blingy blue alloy bits :D :D :D

7 years ago I built up one of these with the carbon and all the blue Tamiya alloy bits... Still have it. They are quite nice little trucks!

Just lock the diffs or they don't really go over anything very well.

Cheers,

Skottoman

7 years ago I built up one of these with the carbon and all the blue Tamiya alloy bits... Still have it. They are quite nice little trucks!

Just lock the diffs or they don't really go over anything very well.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Cheers Sccott - got any pics ?

Not sure what to do with it yet, got a spare wild willy bodyset so could follow Robs willy semi crawler idea, or maybe mini monster truck. Still plenty of hop ups around, Tobee do wheelbase lengthening kits as well as axle widening ones. Hmmmm ;)

I see you saw my TLT, and the carbon/blue alloy. :) There are so many things you can do with the chassis.

I actually lengthened the wheelbase a bit, and added the larger wheels...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Ok , got more sand scorcher parts , ordered .

Got two radshape chassis , as i have seen alot of you guys use them .

One will be spear :D . Just hope it gets here b4 x-mas .

I did my first hobby-related work in a while, taking apart my Avante to inspect the gearboxes, rebuild the shocks, CV joints and clean whatever I could:

imag2482v.jpg

imag2488.jpg

It fought off the urge to build something... for now!

Yesterday..

soldered up the battery connections etc on the Losi Xcelorin brushless system going into the Durga rebuild. Tried reprogramming with the little programme card but no luck so far, a bit of research required (failing that i'll install the PC software and do it all from there).

Stripped, cleaned and rebuilt 8 100mm alloy shocks - four of these are going onto my TLT-1, other four will need another project :lol:

Rest of the day was washing and waxing 3 1:1 cars, and finishing off tidying the garden for the winter

I was cream crackered, but oen way to get a good nights sleep !

managed to get my hyper 7 running after a 3 month sit. Also took a look at my old fighter buggy and looked at it in shame lol

Good to be back!

I made good on my promise and got engaged (technically it was on Sat but I think it still counts)

congrats ! ..

I made good on my promise and got engaged (technically it was on Sat but I think it still counts)

congratulations .

Started building my Avante BS, but i am going to make it Backward build ( driver set, body then the kit )

Done with the driver :)

( didnt like the box art scheme, so i went of my own look ) ;)

20121218_103237-1_zps356d6314.jpg

20121218_103229-1_zpsf203d562.jpg

That is an epic-looking driver! Nice work!

With a shovel and a few seconds, I created a small track in the backyard of my parents' house. My Buggy Champ was the first to test it:

imag2532.jpg

imag2533.jpg

When the snow melted somewhat and I could no longer drift freely on the surface, I re-enacted the Toyota GT-One's winter tests at Spa-Francorchamps - with lots of fun had, but little in the way of skilled driving. The snow buildup on the front of the car is a testament to the latter! I probably ploughed enough snow to double the width of the track by the end of it...

imag2536.jpg

imag2545q.jpg

In my defence, I think the actual car in the tests had tires with treads!

That looks like a lot of fun, hope I get to run some in the snow this year.

I found a newly opened RC shop big yeah, the only Tamiya product was lexan spray paint, not much good for me as I like my hard shells, if I ever do an extra for my frog though could be handy.

I really wanted a few tamiya pot paints for my drivers

On the up sides they had honchos, wraiths, sand masters, built on display and in stock, some losi I think, a few planes and helis, a slot car set up, I got some ball end joint so I can sort some custom links for my cc-01s. I noticed they stock futaba and robbe as well, so all in all a great find.

It's good to have a shop not to far away to pick up some spares rather than just mail order.

Just spent 5hrs cycling some LiPo's. A little clean up and then I have to decide wether to build my re-re FAV or re-re HotShot.

Painted my fox ***** body .

IMG_0655_zps9e9121f4.jpg

IMG_0656_zpsf36c68a5.jpg

I have put stickers on , but they are not that good . Will do alright for a runner body .

Stickers not that good , but it's only a runner body .

IMG_0657_zpsa6076fed.jpg

In a odd twist of fate i was given a toy grade Quad bike body that just happens to fit my 4x4x4 project - bit of fun as a basher body . Watch this space as they say :lol: