Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

had my m05 out this morning for a blast , ground was very frosty so i ran back indoors and grabbed my M04ss and had a massive giggle drifting it around , was there for about 1.5 hours , didnt realize how cold my hands were until i came back in as i was having such a giggle , 39 going on 9 , i will always be a kid at heart !

so what have you done today?

• Like 1

went out to check how good i have waterproofed the cherokee , so far so good :)

20130113-snowpatrol1_zps1437b688.jpg

• Like 1

went out to check how good i have waterproofed the cherokee , so far so good :)

That looks sweet! The lights really top it off, nice work! B)

I finished installing my TRF511 Upgrade Kit... happy with the result... :)

511Upgrade001_zps14cc68c6.jpg

511Upgrade003_zpsaf266353.jpg

511Upgrade005_zps6731d4e9.jpg

• Like 2

Last night i stripped down the built, but never run, TLT-1 I acquired before Xmas. Happy to find ball bearings right through the drivetrain and all lovely fresh grease .

Swapped the alloy chassis plates for some GPM carbon ones, and got about 50% through rebuild - I need to shroten the stroke on some oil filled alloy dampers which hopefully will bring the dogbone propshafts into a better position

That looks sweet! The lights really top it off, nice work! B)

I finished installing my TRF511 Upgrade Kit... happy with the result...

Lovely blue bling - can't beat it ;)

Today I attended the AMA Expo with a friend. Watched Alan Szabo Jr demo 3D flying capability of the stock RTF Align T-Rex 450 Sport. Friend also purchased a 200 size Walkera heli at the show.

http://amaexpo.com/

Today i corrected the drivers periscopes on my Heng Long Walker Bulldog so their not pointing skywards . Looks far better now . i also run Quadzilla in the fresh snow( its electrics are fully waterproofed ) . What a laugh - great fun . I wish i'd had a decent camara with me but saddly the wife has taken it to work :(

Last night i finished the rebuild of my TLT-1, adjusting the lengths of the 4 links to bring the axles more upright and improve the propshaft drive cup mesh. I added 7mm limiters to the alloy bodies oil shocks i had to bring them back to the length of the original gold shocks.

Just got to figure out the electrics for four wheel steering !

I murdered my digits mounting new front wheels on my Striker (including tires on the wheels), only to find one was warped... A Chinese-made generic ESC was tested. The wires were not long enough for my model and the little bit of music that plays when I start it up somehow has me thinking the car is just a toy; all that plastic is not helping...

So I dropped money on a still Chinese-made (but more respectable) ESC, hoping it will fit properly.

Well, it's not anything physically done with my RCs, but I broke down today and finally ordered a Bruiser. I couldn't pass it up as I got it for $654.99 from RPP hobby. Now I have to wait for it to arrive. Did I mention I'm not a patient man? <_<

I rejoined TamiyaClub today! Started listing some of my odds and ends on Ebay and couldn't resist the itch to see what was going on back in here!

I'll still be holding on to some of my rides for the kids to start to play with, but much of it is already gone or soon to go.

Finishedi installing the universal driveshafts in the Durga. Then spent far too much time browsing the Internet for f103 parts.

Met up with Thommo, took my Top Force & his Durga for a run at a local bmx track then stopped at the pub for a pint after.:)

Was quite surprised how well the DB-01 went.

had the old mad bull fitted with tyres from one of my axial scorpians out in the snow , drifting madness ! :) ,

Installed some aluminum bits on my cr01 land cruiser... Need more bits.. they are addictive... :rolleyes:

rejoined tamiya club today.

fitting a mfu to a scania that i am building

And ran my axial wraith in the snow

need to update my show room

Today started on a downer after I discovered my newish lipo battery is already caput! So I've mostly been building a snow ramp on my decking steps so the kids can have some fun!

423D716E-4751-4696-BC4A-917A5285BC49-14238-000014979C26F807.jpg

Of course me and the wife might have a go as well... and the odd RC car may be jumping it later too :D

• Like 2

Today started on a downer after I discovered my newish lipo battery is already caput! So I've mostly been building a snow ramp on my decking steps so the kids can have some fun!

423D716E-4751-4696-BC4A-917A5285BC49-14238-000014979C26F807.jpg

Of course me and the wife might have a go as well... and the odd RC car may be jumping it later too :D

looks like fun , what happened to the li-po? it may be saveable

I found a body for the B4.1 and got it to look ok. The lime green and clear wing had to go.

DSCN0073.jpg

Thought I'd cheer myself up as its my birthday tomorrow so I've treated myself to a new Bkackfoot 3 kit. Haven't done a new build out of a box for almost a year so I'm looking forward to that new kit smell :D Just waiting on the postman now, fingers crossed its tomorrow!