Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not quite, it committed suicide by going off on its own at full pelt and smacked into a kerb dead on.

Fortunately the car came with a significant spares package and been able use some of those, although the rebuild cost is allmost 3 times what I paid for the darn thing in the first place. Lol!

Not quite, it committed suicide by going off on its own at full pelt and smacked into a kerb dead on.

Fortunately the car came with a significant spares package and been able use some of those, although the rebuild cost is allmost 3 times what I paid for the darn thing in the first place. Lol!

Yikes!

On the topic of the thread: I discovered today that the genius who had the bruiser body before me thought it would be a good idea to paint it the same color as yellowed plastic OVER THE DECALS!

Currently letting it sit in oven cleaner.

Some real progress over the past couple of evenings,

null-5.jpg

Wasn't until I started reassembly that I discovered the front alloy suspension mount was toast too, wich prompted another spree an Modelbau Seidel.

null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

Almost a roller, upgrades include the chassis upgrade set, hop up steering set, Alloy steering knuckles, T-Bone front bumper, Alaste (Frederick) 4mm front shock tower, Team Durango out drive boots and big bore dampers.

Sold the RC10 B4 Factory Team which was good news as I needed to drop my numbers. Then updated my rc list and realised I had more than I thought, so currently at 43 after selling one :(

• Like 1

Sold the RC10 B4 Factory Team which was good news as I needed to drop my numbers. Then updated my rc list and realised I had more than I thought, so currently at 43 after selling one :(

It's a bit of a wake up call when your collection numbers exceed your age isn't it? :o

It's a bit of a wake up call when your collection numbers exceed your age isn't it? :o

I'm sat here thinking where are these 43 cars ? - in my mind i have about 12 in the attic including the 4 NIBs (2 pumpkins, one violet racer, one bruiser), I have 2 optima mids on the work bench in the study, 2 cars on the shelf in the study and another two on the floor; and then 12 on display shelves in the garage and 3 awaiting attention. Now I was quite good at maths as a nipper but even in todays money I can't make 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 43. Goodness only knows whether the other ten are :wacko::wacko:

I'm sat here thinking where are these 43 cars ? - in my mind i have about 12 in the attic including the 4 NIBs (2 pumpkins, one violet racer, one bruiser), I have 2 optima mids on the work bench in the study, 2 cars on the shelf in the study and another two on the floor; and then 12 on display shelves in the garage and 3 awaiting attention. Now I was quite good at maths as a nipper but even in todays money I can't make 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 43. Goodness only knows whether the other ten are :wacko: :wacko:A

At least for me, when the numbers get up there and their all spread out in different rooms it's near impossible to get a good count. Sometimes I'd count them twice or not at all. I also forgot a whole group in a odd storage location for a while.

Try to remember which ones are stored where and you'll probably remember which ones are MIA and where they might be hiding.

If you throw in a bit of memory loss and do a real hard search it's like Christmas when you finally find them, :D

Ordered a Nova Fox from Stella, been checking all day waiting to see an in stock note added to the listing. Will get a 2nd one from Japan when I go there in October to stay NIB with my original Japan issued kit. A very happy camper here ;)

• Like 1

Test fitted an old CC01 Landcruiser shell on my Blackfoot 3 4WS chassis. Was simply done by swapping the front and rear body mounts and reconfiguring the rear mount to a 90 degree bend. 2 new holes drilled in the rear doors and jobs a goodun. Even uses the existing bonnet holes.

D8F080D4-20DF-4B98-94C6-13CC62367198-668

26997BB6-AB09-4A21-BFDD-4EBBA3F592FC-668

E68F9A06-5CDC-4BEC-98EC-7A91A6CD8ECD-668

06DBBEED-F563-49AB-80E5-5B385006F6BE-668

5E4C6595-1D8C-4670-ACA5-06AA306747DF-668

Once it's finished I'll have a body that I wont be too worried about rolling!

Installed spike tyres on Optima Mid SWB project, whaich also had its undertray cut out and installed - just waiting on decals for this one now.

Added servo to the Optima Mid LWB project and tidied up the paint bleed with some micron line tape - almost done on this one now , at last !

Then onto another DF-01 build - the Manta Wreck that was going to be a cheap strip/clean/rebuild.run and sell on turned out as a 95% new build. Today saw front and rear ends built up; only used parts are the shocks (rebuilt with new seals, collars, lower eyes a spring bases), rear CVDs and the diff metal gears. Alloy motor mount and propshaft drive cups added. Waiting on a new chassis tub (no doubt melted and floating on the ocean surface :( ) so i can join it all up, add electrics and get a body sorted.

I managed to get the second TC3 up and running. This was just so many parts when I got it, so it's a really good thing to see it up on new tires and wheels. The left is the parts one and I'm not sure which one will end up with the Dodge Stratus body.

I'm going to fit that body on the RC10L in the back. So far it's just been removing the stock body posts to see how it looks. It's the only 235mm body I could find.

DSCN0305.jpg

Well i took the plunge & got a 5ive-T 1/5 off road racing truck ... Not sure why i did , but i'm sure it will be heaps of fun ..

Decided it was time I ran a few of my collection..

Started with baja brat, last 10 mins before the diff gears started grumbling
Out with the Frog - first time I'd run the torque tuned on lipo, jeez it's fast on the lightweight Frog :)
Then onto Wild Willy2 - huge fun and so different to the buggies :D

Then onto Jason's store for some brat internals :rolleyes:

After 2 days of oven cleaner stripping, scraping off of painted over decals, (scrubbing with a wire barbecue brush) then priming, I finally got to lay down the Mica red on the "Mountain Buster" body

mountainbuster_body_paint.jpg

Had a quick blast out the front with my new used S.S.

It's the first time I've used one and it was faster and more agile than I had expected, which was nice.

Took the Frog to a newish track for a blast, used the GT Tuned motor + Lipo and seems to be a good match. The dogbone only evacuated the car once and the upright only ejected its axle twice....All in all a good run!

Well like i said above, I took the plunge & got one of these ...

1st 1/5 RC i have ever had . Hope they are good .

I did buy this from a hobby shop in perth that a mate works at :D ...

IMG_0095_zpsaf1838eb.jpg

IMG_0096_zps151700bc.jpg

Man this thing is big , 4WD losi , Now i need to look at hop up's like power pipe , would be the 1st thing i would look at .

Has any one got one of these ? & if so . What are some things i need , or even the bast place to get them .

Thanks .

• Like 1

Got a free desk today and I'm going to put into our garage and use it as a bench, just need to get a chair now and we are away.

Broke the Pull start on my Nitro Mini, which is shame as it will now have to go to the back of long queue of Tamiya jobs!

Thrashed the Blackfoot around the garden. I want to thin out my collection, I have one of these and a twin detonator, very similar but the latter obviously has 2 motors. Trying to decide which one to keep. The Blackfoot is fun but the twin det is mental. But the Blackfoot will last longer where the det kills batteries twice as fast and makes the Blackfoot feel a bit placid. Flat out there's not much in it, if anything the twin det is slower cos its heavier and it's not as simple as the BF.

Aaaargh! Haven't the space for them both.

Gonna lock the rear diff on the Blackfoot and see if it makes it more lairy (and less prone to getting stuck in longer grass!)

Well like i said above, I took the plunge & got one of these...

Man this thing is big , 4WD losi , Now i need to look at hop up's like power pipe , would be the 1st thing i would look at .

Has any one got one of these ? & if so . What are some things i need , or even the bast place to get them .

Thanks .

Daves discount motors, (DDM) team gonads (tgn) ozlargescale will have some local websites for you to look for.

If you have ever driven a baja 5b, they are a little bit slower out the box due to them being 4kg heavier, but the 3 diff 4wd makes it handle beautifully and more power is only a c/card away. Nice buy Mat, you will enjoy it! :)

Daves discount motors, (DDM) team gonads (tgn) ozlargescale will have some local websites for you to look for.

If you have ever driven a baja 5b, they are a little bit slower out the box due to them being 4kg heavier, but the 3 diff 4wd makes it handle beautifully and more power is only a c/card away. Nice buy Mat, you will enjoy it! :)

Thank you Sir , i will look into it . I have never driven a baja 5b or any of that type of RC .

But i do know alot of people love them & spend big bucks . So thanks again berman ..

I finally open the box on the Kyosho RB6 to start the build. I got it a week ago :blink: