Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:) Cool, appreciate the info.

I like the tyres, so I'll try to find me some stronger 1.9's

Cut, prepped and painted the wild one body that arrived this afternoon.

Gathered what I have sourced to date for my nephews buggy:

null_zps8d8eae71.jpg

Just a standard silver can but with a dust shield (also to stop the little fella touching the hot can) and a TEU101 to take care of it. Just got to find one of those little rubber caps for the aerial to avoid any eye-jabbing accidents!

Whilst building it I decided to give my tired looking TL01 a bit of a refresh, using an old 306 Maxi body I built years ago. I'll put a few more stickers on it but this should give me something of a fun basher for now :)

It has a Peak Racing motor in it which had no label; so there's no telling how quick it will be yet!!

null_zps4619481a.jpg

null_zps2d988425.jpg

• Like 1

Added simple light circuit -

null_zps85e45e2a.jpg

Got an issue though, it's glitchy as badword on the throttle response. Running a silver can, MTroniks ESC and old Tamiya receiver, but Kyosho transmitter (both just 27hz systems) where should I troubleshoot first? Steering is fine, so I'm thinking of trying a different ESC?

• Like 1

Well I have sold my King Cab runner and my King Cab rolling chassis, which is a bit of a shame as I would have like to run it next year.

But I have got something new arriving next week which will more than make up for it!

I have also put one of my Sand Scorcher on eBay as with 99p auction with no reserve, so I hope I don't come unstuck....

That interior looks great! I have a couple oh those and a rally cockpit to do, I hope they turn out half as good!

Me been to work come home went to bingo won £12.50 (theres my boomer stickers lol) come home and now monging until tomoz. New projects turning up in next couple of days oh chased up thr voyager lighting kit you will like that once its in so eyes peeled for that ummmmm!!!!! Thats about it for today :)

Added Willy head to my Wild One project which also got a test fit of the lights and leds - just waiting on steering rods and radio programming now :D

ordered more parts and hop-ups for me DT-02 - i blame super gripper and qatmix

I actually got off my iPad and into the garage for an hour this evening, which was very pleasant!

Just tinkered with 1 of my Hilux and gave the shell a gentle clean.

Tomorrow I will add some batteries and see if she runs.

What did I do today? wooow, I finally posted my FIRST message on the forum! Is not enough? Sorry for my poor "english"; I'm almost 50 years old and I live in Italy. As many of you... I'm waiting for EGRESS! :lol:

• Like 1

Got my scratch built skidder chassis moving under it's own steam:

Well, that gives new meaning to servo tape! Are you happy with the speed and torque? Have you tried to tow any logs yet?

Well, that gives new meaning to servo tape! Are you happy with the speed and torque? Have you tried to tow any logs yet?

:)

The gaffer tape was just to try and get it to go in a straight line. This was the second vid I took to see what the turning circle was like.

I think it's probably a bit too fast for what I want, but I'll see how I get on with it when a bit more weight is added. I think the torque will be fine as it picked the back wheel off the ground when I applied the brakes. Haven't tried to tow anything yet as it was raining when I did this and I was a bit pressed for time. I didn't want to snap anything on the first outing and also had some interference issues, which were only cured when the RX fell out and pulled the antenna out and under the front axle as well. I also think that either the speedo of the battery can't cope with the current draw of the motor, but I will have to try it on a fresh battery to determine this. On the whole though, very happy that it has moved under it's own power and no damage to the transmission. :)

There's a second vid linked in the build thread, I edited my last post to include it.

A bitza evening but hopefully i have two projects almost at the end now..

• final trimming and fitting of the shell for the RC10 shelfer
  • tweaked the camber front and rear on the RC10 shelfer and runner
  • finished off the Wild One project build (radio set -up still to do)
  • tidied up the work desk ready for the next victim !!

I spent a little time last night tinkering with my Hilux, the aim being too clean it carefully, getting running correctly and just admire it.

I can't take any of the credit for it, it came pretty much as you see it a peachy unrestored gorgeous piece of T.C history!

image-24.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly the last of my King Cab stuff went this morning, I'm still not convinced it was the right move, but I have got a few too many

IMO!

I'm still only about 10 months in to my hobby and its a marathon not a race!!

Well some good news - I found anothe rhobby shop locally, well 13 miles away but that's local in these parts. Sadly it was closed when i found it - they sell on ebay but looks like they are mainly model railway and static kit stockists. However they do have Tamiya paints, and with the Royal Mail clamp down on flammable goods, its useful to be able to get paint locally, rather than pay £6 postage !

Applied liquid mask to a TRF201 shell last night so today has been cutting the design and applying the various colours - i'm on #5 currently - hopefully finished pics later.

programmed the radio gear on the Wild One - bring on the beaches now :D

And got round to taking some photos of the RC10 restorations..

IMG_0019_zps06ac13c3.jpg

more in the RC10 restoration thread.

• Like 1

Did a quick video of my half track, now linked in the build thread, made a bracket to tie the rear hull and rear body panel together, and started on re-machining the front axle to fit a standard sized servo in it.

• Like 1

Today I finally started the recovery of an old model ...

WD00001_zps9621af83.jpg

WD00003_zps20a314e0.jpg

WD00005_zpse3a8b201.jpg

I'll try to make it a runner!

I put in a few hours on a ReRe Wild One build with my son and his friend. We got the front suspension, cage, and gearbox assembled. Hopefully tomorrow should see it sitting on 4 wheels :)

• Like 2

I put in a few hours on a ReRe Wild One build with my son and his friend. We got the front suspension, cage, and gearbox assembled. Hopefully tomorrow should see it sitting on 4 wheels :)

Don't forget the photos - we LIKE photos

Nothing beats a bit of father n son RC time - good to get his mate in too, far too many youngsters are missing out on the hobby

Found an annoying rattle in the roof of my MAN TGX while driving around yesterday and decided to pull it apart today, while in there I broke out the micron tape for a little extra detail :)

Eventually want to put a driver and passenger in there.

20131110_143031_zpse8fd5e56.jpg

20131108_161826_zps0a49dd08.jpg

• Like 4

Your Rally Cockpit looks very nice, Celticbhoy1888 !

-----

I have installed the 3 Racing aluminum Damper Set on my Tamtech 934 RSR.

cimg8638bypir.jpg

cimg8636g6up4.jpg

• Like 3