Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today, I went for a session:

k183mu.jpg

With a TTC and a 15T brushed motor sitting in the Astute's tail, the buggy simply flew. It was all 'zing, zing, zing' as the car shot up and down the dirt field, wheels bouncing as the car tracked straight. What a performer!

The Buggy Champ was laughably slow by comparison, but 'laughably' was the important bit - despite probably losing a cell on my 7.2V battery, I still had a lot of fun :)

The best bit was that my Astute's Super Astute battery holder could fit my Buggy Champ's modified battery packs. This was good as I had forgotten my stick packs for the weekend - no Avante this time, but plenty of 2WD awesomeness!

Just sprayed the last white coat onto the baja truck shell, start decals later ;)

Put a layer of pure white on the helmet and body of the Frog driver. Body will be finished with flat transparent. Bought a TA05 V2 :)

• Like 1

test fitted the Knight Customs engine and wheels

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 7

Just sprayed the last white coat onto the baja truck shell, start decals later ;)

95% done..

BE7E9ABD-0B34-4BC3-A45C-F99C41D507E0_zps

• Like 3

Picked up a original, never run Sand Scorcher from my LHS, they traded it in on a HPI Z28 (knowing that I would be all over it) got it for a bargain too, still has the original decal sheets in the plastic bag, and everything is there, number plates, door handles, mirrors.

Body need stripping and repainting, but the chassis just has dust on it, will post picks later

Threw a Twin Hammers cage together and test fitted it to my DT-02, looks pretty good on there even just resting on it. Need to get the Dremel out next!

emymavag.jpg

Not sure whether that means you paid 149 for it or offered less?

Either way, the Baja / TL01B chassis is great in my opinion. You can't increase the gearing too much as it will make any motor get quite hot, but straight out of the box they are a nice little buggy.

I have two on eBay at present which I recently restored, but they are most definitely 'runners' as opposed to being box fresh!

Today I drove and broke my Rock Socker. One prop shaft turned into spaghetti and one wheel axle turned into dust. The CR-tuned motor sure have some torque...

While waiting for replacement parts I started building my Neo Fighter only to realise that I forgot to bring an extra servo for it... No hobby shops nearby where we stay for the summer. Don't want to pull the cr01 apart for the servo. Had to make a new order, bought some ballbearings for it as well.

Stumbled across the TT01e Nissan gtr while browsing for parts so it went into the basket as well. Why oh why do I do this...

Today i finished the Chassie of my Buggy Champ. The Body Parts are all painted and ready for final assembly.

cimg9332siksq.jpg

Been soldering up some new charger cables with traxxas connectors

Birthday coming in a week, and have an E-maxx on its way to me :ph34r:

Been sorting out TA03 parts and also have a TA03R-S to strip, clean and rebuild for selling soon.

James

Completed my ebay Plasma Edge rescue :)

Came in pretty bad shape, not terrible parts wise, only needed a few bits but it was needing muck and grass removed :P

It was all like this:

2vbvup5.jpg

But after a bit of cleaning, replacing parts etc (the shocks were in bad shape, but came out amazing with new seals and a clean)... I've dropped in a hobbyking brushless setup and it goes well. Note the stickers are wrong but the previous owner only put a few on and it was looking bare:

15rcygy.jpg

k0j2on.jpg

Happy overall, one for the collection

I just packed and double packed a Hilux 3 Speed to send off to its new owner on Monday.

I'm pleased to say its too a T.C member and I hope he likes it as much as I do!

I too went to the park today, with my wife and nephews. My wife took along her Rising Fighter, my older nephew brought his Baja Champ and I brought along my buggy-wheeled Mad Bull.

My youngest nephew is a bit too little to have his own hobby-grade RC car, but we let him have a go at steering ours while we worked the throttle. Fun was had by all, and we answered a few enquiries from other kids (and their dads) who took an interest in the models.

Added 40g of weight to the wheels of the Gmade R1

Spent an unhealthy amount of money on hop ups for a model I've not yet bought :(

Nearly finished my reefer trailer... she sure is bright :lol: :lol:

20140706_125408_zpsxclvvupz.jpg

• Like 5

Not much RC yesterday as I was at the Capel Military show watching the boys playing with some really big toys :D

They had a stall with a few 1/16 RC tanks and a couple of Tamiya Hummers that were nicely painted.

• Like 1

Got some hicaps from Banzai for my TL01 runner.

Sorted it out today, new RX plus one of those cheap ESC's from Hobbyking and an old 19 double motor.

Hicaps fitted and a new servo, a wee refresh!

s6upom.jpg

19ryfq.jpg

• Like 1