Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been perfecting my 360 GoPro rig for cheeky filming. It's now cut down so much more manageable, and with my other bits arriving this week I could try out my universal magnet system for attaching the rig to any of my models.

today-45.jpg

today-48.jpg

I have also sorted a proper mount on my controller for my iPhone so i can make sure the GoPro is at the right angle of dangle

today-46.jpg

today-47.jpg

• Like 4

Narrowed some Sand Blasters the have a new set of front tires Posted Image

Very nice work on the tires!

What is your process on narrowing them?

Have always wondered how it was done.

It was easier than I thought...

Just followed the instructions from here: www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=105650

Amongst other breakages today at Clumber I managed to decapitate the driving team of my Pilot Cossie ha ha

Posted Image

Pretty sure the repeated jumps didn't help

Posted Image

• Like 6

I packed my stuff away last night and cleaned up my Blackfoot ready for its next outing.

I sold another Hilux which is now ready to be delivered to it's new owner, another T.C member which is all good.

I packed up some spare parts that I've sold and also packed up a spare Blazing Blazer body set ready to go out as well.

Slowly but surely reclaiming some space!

Ordered more essential upgrades..

Hot Racing all metal transmission gear set and a Duratrax Evader 32p 56T spur gear (to move from 48p to 32p pitch gears)

(a few of you can probably guess what they are going in ;) )

Posted a few eBay sold items - they didn't cover the cost of the metal gears but it all helps :lol:

Amongst other breakages today at Clumber I managed to decapitate the driving team of my Pilot Cossie ha ha

b90c0b2524bf13b13b272e29058f15ca.jpg

369d7e060af4bebcfeb0e34d7bf9f023.jpg

What a pic that is B)

Blazer body primed and almost ready for colour. :)

rh7nlx.jpg

And i've done absolutely nothing to this all day or indeed for about three months now except stare at it,think about it awhile and then put it away again!

289j3md.jpg

• Like 2

Build a remote switch out of some old servo electronics and installed the lights

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

What lights are those on the roof?

In other news, I once again repaired the kids Madbulls with new esc's and radio gear in both. I also fitted an under car neon kit on my drift Trans-Am only for it to be ripped off five minutes later! I misjudged the ground clearance just a tad :blink:

What lights are those on the roof?

That's the lightbar from a Vaterra Slick Rock

• Like 1

b90c0b2524bf13b13b272e29058f15ca.jpg

369d7e060af4bebcfeb0e34d7bf9f023.jpg

This splits me right down the middle, love seeing the car in full action but then hate seeing it full action when you know that gorgeous shell and decal set are getting it :lol::lol::lol:

This splits me right down the middle, love seeing the car in full action but then hate seeing it full action when you know that gorgeous shell and decal set are getting it  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The trick is to buy one that's not in great condition in the first place then you don't feel as guilty about running it. Besides, the Tiger Stripe one sits on the shelf to be admired. :D

The trick is to buy one that's not in great condition in the first place then you don't feel as guilty about running it. Besides, the Tiger Stripe one sits on the shelf to be admired. :D

Yes this is why we both have two Cosworths ;) tis a good plan. You can rag your Pilot and admire mine and I can rag my Tiger Stripe and admire yours. Or wish really hard for Mr Tamiya to start producing the shells and decal sets again :D:D:D:ph34r:

• Like 1

I guess a lot of people would update member blogs several times a day!

Today was more filling and sanding - adding a sanding block helped immensely:

24qodwo.jpg

It will wheelie in due time!

Just rebuilding an old Manta Ray chassis that's been in bits for a while after I stripped and cleaned it. I'm not really sure what to do with this chassis since it has so many options and vehicles to potentially become. I have Manta Ray wheels but no body and I have a Terra Conqueror body, but no wheels. For the time being though I'm waiting on some D parts as one of the rear arms is a bit knackered.

49861910457_895341d86a_o.jpg

• Like 1

I just met the new owner of my last Hilux sale.

Really nice guy and a T.C member, he's very happy with his vintage 3 speed, so it's all good.

I've got 2 Hilux left and I plan to run one and shelf queen the other.

• Like 1

Gorgeous! I know too well about the flies...

I packed up my hobby things and left for school - it will arrive to me in 10 days, while I wait for my mail!

• Like 1