Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Acquired these 2013 guidebooks from my LHS. He is retiring and the store is closing so it's a little bitter sweet.

49A7C6E3-97B4-4B8E-8782-17458EED9681_zps

D580AC03-99FF-48A7-A2A2-D0F0ED7A7F83_zps

• Like 1

Acquired these 2013 guidebooks from my LHS. He is retiring and the store is closing so it's a little bitter sweet.

49A7C6E3-97B4-4B8E-8782-17458EED9681_zps

D580AC03-99FF-48A7-A2A2-D0F0ED7A7F83_zps

They look great , Maybe you should look at buying the shop :P .... Then it won't be closing :D.
  • Like 1

My LHS was a model train store first, his stock of Tamiya was sparse. I will miss being able to pick up paint and building supplies locally the most.

Neil, I was wondering, how does that chassis look under a Dodge Lunchbox body? Is such combination possible for a future Tamiya release?

It's been done ... I have one.. Look in builds

Took my 5250 kv rising fighter out

It's still crazy

68fbc2b9019b34b002340a230dcc1bef.jpg

With those pogo sticks, I imagine it would be! Have you considered fitting oil shocks? We fitted a set to my wife's Rising Fighter, and they improved handling considerably.

Today, I was watching some WR-02 videos when I realize why the Farm King's rototiller cover thing is so high up (I mean, besides the obvious)... and began fearing for my Wheelie Rally project's bodywork after watching a Volkswagen T2 wheelie race!

I also ordered more pieces while awaiting a day to continue the project.

Today, I was watching some WR-02 videos when I realize why the Farm King's rototiller cover thing is so high up... and began fearing for my Wheelie Rally project's bodywork after watching a Volkswagen T2 wheelie race!

I also ordered more pieces while awaiting a day to continue the project.

...And even in that raised position, the rototiller cover still takes a beating. On my Farm King, I cut it off completely and fitted a proper wing in its place.

For your rally project, you could trim the bottom of the rear bumper at an angle, or you could fit spacers and longer screws in order to extend the wheelie bar rearwards, offering the body more protection.

With those pogo sticks, I imagine it would be! Have you considered fitting oil shocks? We fitted a set to my wife's Rising Fighter, and they improved handling considerably.

Its totally stock.. I wanted to se how the cheapest car tamiya do performs with a crazy motor Lol.

I may mod it one day... Has anyone done a Third shock mod on this.

Must get another video of it soon.

Started installing electronics into my M02 VW Beetle. Still need to get a receiver and a steering linkage.

I've had this model for years and never ran it! My son looked at it last night and asked if we could take it for a spin, and I thought, why not?

• Like 1

Charged and ran my first lipo pack today (Turnigy nano tech) very happy with it too :) Also built the Turnigy lipo bunker for charging, which was fun with no instructions. Lol. Although it seems a little overkill for charging a battery pack, but better safe than sorry.

James

:)

Charged and ran my first lipo pack today (Turnigy nano tech) very happy with it too :) Also built the Turnigy lipo bumker for charging, which was fun with no instructions. Lol. Although it seems a little overkill for charging a battery pack, but better safe than sorry.

James

You wouldn't be saying that as you're dialling 999 and asking for a big red truck with lots of water to come and pay a visit! £15 well spent in my book!

• Like 1

I'm thinking of doing that now to my CC01 wheels, the body with he rollcage is quite heavy!

What sized weights will fit inside the 1.9 rims between the 'bead' of the tyres though?

It helped on my CC01. I searched eBay for "scraped lead" and got some offcuts of lead flashing used in roofing. I cut that into strips that fit into the central groove.

You wouldn't be saying that as you're dialling 999 and asking for a big red truck with lots of water to come and pay a visit! £15 well spent in my book!

Fully agree, its just that it looks like a nuclear fall out bunker :)

Just home from work (3am) and getting a few things ready for later this evening when my 14 month old son goes to his bed, rebuild my almost fully hopped up TA03R-S and tidy up the Porsche 911 GT1 body. Plus possibly start to strip and clean the very furry and dirty grasshopper chassis (re-release) that I bought earlier this year (still need to buy a body+decals for it)

James

Finished off my DF01 chassis, it's RWD due to no prop and missing a front dogbone, and it has a bit of a mishmash of parts but didn't turn out too bad considering.

20140913_071730-1_zps116f31e0.jpg

In fancy dress...

20140913_075029-1_zpsdec6e424.jpg

Got to choose a body for it now, as it definitely can't keep that one ;)

• Like 1

Started a new project last night,'Project make it up as i go along F-100',which so far consists of hacking a chassis into smaller and smaller pieces until i can get it and a longways battery to fit under a pumpkin body,i think it was a ta-02 chassis in the beginning,not too sure,everything has been swapped about and turned around and have ended up with motor hanging out at the back,still it only cost £20 so a cheap project.With the sun roof and all extra holes deleted and smoothed out and then the right colour choice it should look nice. :wacko:

2uqkxp0.jpg

2cg2bgp.jpg

246j80p.jpg

14xf53r.jpg

28mkch1.jpg

Finished off my DF01 chassis, it's RWD due to no prop and missing a front dogbone, and it has a bit of a mishmash of parts but didn't turn out too bad considering.

20140913_071730-1_zps116f31e0.jpg

In fancy dress...

20140913_075029-1_zpsdec6e424.jpg

Got to choose a body for it now, as it definitely can't keep that one ;)

How about a Kamtec Manta Ray shell? Affordable and easy to get hold of, they are moulded in a thicker, more rugged polycarbonate than the originals, making them well-suited to runners.

I can't decide how much of the back of the cage to cut off on my Holiday Hammers project, what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks great!

Perhaps a cut to the 2nd horizontal bar from the tail would work, with smaller vertical bars grafted in to complete it. Otherwise, if you want accessories hanging off the tail, a cut to the 2nd set of vertical bars would give you lots of room to work with.

Used some Plaast (very cool stuff!) to fill the arm of the driver of my FAV. Clean and easy solution to fix the arm with a screw

Posted Image

Used some Plaast (very cool stuff!) to fill the arm of the driver of my FAV. Clean and easy solution to fix the arm with a screw

tevyqepy.jpg

Seemingly, you got the work done with the plaast. With the years I learnt the best way to keep the arms of various Tamiya drivers on and resistant to rollovers, and crashes is a drop of cheap silicone sealant. ;)

Started a new project last night,'Project make it up as i go along F-100',which so far consists of hacking a chassis into smaller and smaller pieces until i can get it and a longways battery to fit under a pumpkin body,i think it was a ta-02 chassis in the beginning,not too sure,everything has been swapped about and turned around and have ended up with motor hanging out at the back,still it only cost £20 so a cheap project.With the sun roof and all extra holes deleted and smoothed out and then the right colour choice it should look nice. :wacko:

28mkch1.jpg

Oh, goodness... I'm really liking that little truck. Gorgeous!

• Like 1

I agree with Grastens Steve, the 2nd horizontal bar from the rear looks like the natural end of the cage to me. The 3rd bar would leave it floating a bit and if you took it to the 4th bar on the roof it would look a lot like a FAV, but you'd have the gear cover hanging out the rear end.

Today was my birthday, so I did not have a whole lot of time! But I did manage to figure out some mounting points for my Wheelie Rally project - no idea what to do with the rear as the body mounts will go through the rear window, but the fronts can be managed. So far, liking its stance!

Now to get that shell finished!

Today was my birthday, so I did not have a whole lot of time! But I did manage to figure out some mounting points for my Wheelie Rally project - no idea what to do with the rear as the body mounts will go through the rear window, but the fronts can be managed. So far, liking its stance!

Now to get that shell finished!

Happy birthday! :D

Did you get any interesting RC-related birthday presents?

Sadly not my birthday, but did manage to mount up three sets if m chassis wheels n foams n tyres, plus finally painted the TRF801XT body. Hopefully decals later today.

I spent Friday evening packing ready to go to the Snetterton meet, whilst my girls played out the front with the Lunchbox and Wild Willy2.

I spent Saturday at Snetterton having a great time in the sunshine hacking my TT02 and Blackfoot around the black stuff and then playing Tamiya football with wheelie machines, awesome fun.

A very straight forward drive there and back 2 hours 20 minutes each way and then I packed away last night whilst doing some small jobs and repairs.

I can thoroughly recommend coming along, very chilled and lots of fun.