Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spotted PS-61 showing in stock now at modelsport so ordered a can, strangely though the order total was nearly. £50

Expensive can of paint lol!

Good grief! How many cans did you buy?

Good grief! How many cans did you buy?

Only one PS-61

It's a dangerous place to browse :(

After reading XVPilots' Pajero thread for about the 10th time I finally placed a small order for some junfac goodies.

Also stripped down my CC01 axle and was a bit shocked to find -0C46A1F5-1B35-43AD-8899-EEE295D81166.jpg

The diff was working loose. Turns out whoever built it used self-tapping screws in the metal diff case. Lucky I caught it I guess. Strange pattern with the ball-racing too, most had been replaced but the outer wheel axles hadn't and inside the rear axle only had it done on the small 850 bearing. Good job I opened it up!

The diff seems to be quite prone to working loose. I assembled mine with Loctite to make sure.

Which Junfac goodies did you go for?

Mine done the same..

Oh good so I wasn't the only one :lol:

Managed to bend the three screws too...

20140810_132834_zpstskyvtod.jpg

• Like 1

finally got my uprights from the machine shop. holes dont line up to the body thou :( about 1 mm too close to each other

10712768_10152762894553035_3253586058017

10404445_10152762894708035_5071594960552

• Like 2

finally got my uprights from the machine shop. holes dont line up to the body thou :( about 1 mm too close to each other

10712768_10152762894553035_3253586058017

That looks ace! I have a 996 GT3 style shell (the red/yellow one from Tamiya 58283) which uses a square section of transparent polycarbonate to support the wing - bit this looks way better!

How much were they?

Managed to get my Dynamo live tour tickets without paying ludicrous booking fees or inflated prices :D - if ever there was an industry that needed investigation, the event ticketing one is it !

Cleaned and rebuilt the rear gearbox on the DF03RA Lancia, swapped the 540 (which unike the gearbox looks like it's never been run) and put in a sport tuned. Probably need something more rally inspired though...

Oh, and I tidied up the conservatory where the rc stuff lives :)

Managed to get my Dynamo live tour tickets without paying ludicrous booking fees or inflated prices :D - if ever there was an industry that needed investigation, the event ticketing one is it !

Hate magic with a passion. Love dynamo though.

I wanted to take the Mrs to see Jon Richardson but missed the boat it seems, can only get tickets if we don't sit together! Don't think she'd be too impressed...

After months of having it laying around, I finally put the Tamiya hard propshaft in my TA02. As you can tell by all the dust, it doesn't get off the shelf much.
Now I just need to find the right kingpins (got the wrong length when ordered) so I can get the GPM rear lower arms sorted aswell.

DSC_0326.jpg

• Like 1

That looks ace! I have a 996 GT3 style shell (the red/yellow one from Tamiya 58283) which uses a square section of transparent polycarbonate to support the wing - bit this looks way better!

How much were they?

thanks!

They were around $20usd for the set. My buddy works at a machine shop and I just paid the laser guy to cut these.

My WR-02 is wired:

2z6f3o5.jpg

Alas; my batteries and chargers are both useless right now, so I need to save up some more before I can drive.

Took my 6x6 out for a run today on a 4274 Ezrun brushless (1/8 motor :) with a 3SLiPo

If you look carefully you can see the front axle hop off the ground changing up from 1st to second :)

http://youtu.be/v6CxfhiZE4s

Guess what ????

I crashed it

http://youtu.be/hdt5z9GvkeY

Both front tires came off and broke off a rear shock absorber

img33435_27092014153507_1.jpg

img33435_27092014153507_2.jpg

img33435_27092014153507_3.jpg

Also broke a track off the half track.

Managed to run the Jugg2 without breaking anything (woohoo :lol: )

• Like 2

Received my parts yesterday to replace the snapped L-spring and the servo saver on my black lunchbox.

Finally able to put it on the off-road terrain after 2 months wait.

At the same time I just read that Raleigh Chopper bicycle has been re-released in UK this month.

A special limited edition black/gold John Player colored Chopper is available too.

I love to have one.

Just have to get the local Raleigh agent to get some stocks over to Singapore.

prity much finished this one (well the posts are left and motor and shell.....)swtvnt.jpg)

nznkvt.jpg

zx3is.jpg

1zn1r0z.jpg

• Like 1

prity much finished this one (well the posts are left and motor and shell.....)swtvnt.jpg)

nznkvt.jpg

zx3is.jpg

1zn1r0z.jpg

Stunning mate.

nznkvt.jpg

zx3is.jpg

1zn1r0z.jpg

That does look very good, but I can't help thinking it would look even better still with black plastics in place of the red and blue. Black and purple would make a great combo on their own, without the other hues.
  • Like 1

Man that thing would look a million times better with black or silver gearboxes.. Or even blue from the re-re TA02T. The red really clashes with the purple. Sucks because the purple bits are really nice!

I messed around a bit more with my TA02 today too. Got the rear suspensionarms installed, removed another kilo of liquid gasket someone used to seal the gearboxes and I also found there was no rear diff installed so I grabbed a spare M03 balldiff and made it work :).

(Excuse the crappy picture)

DSC_0340.jpg

• Like 1

thanks lads i do agree 100% about the red housings, but i had the cars and rather then buy bits for the sake of a colour i just spruced what i had up ;), iv just started on the TA01 to TA02 conversion ... but just so you can see what will be after that .....

ht68tf.jpg

• Like 1

Had my first mechanical brake down today. A diff drive and dog bone managed to come off the car during a roll over. I think that the front wheels took the impact and forced them to turn (steer) more than they should allowing the dog bone to pop out.

The dog bone was wedged in the suspension spring and I managed to find the diff drive in the car park. All is repaired now and batteries are on charge for tomorrow.

In other news I took my 6year old daughter with me and gifted her an old quick drive focus I found in my parents house. She had a ball and is looking forward to more rc car outings. :)

Today, a photo session of my latest effort to release plastic putty into the air:

2eyl1m8.jpg