Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No worries matey, glad it worked for you. As long as you rinse thoroughly and don't use it on lexan (even though it says it's polycarbonate safe) you'll be fine.

• Like 1

For the 1st time in weeks and weeks I have shown an interest in my Tamiya .

It's a nice feeling being in the garage, in the zone, listening to music and really chillin with my R.C and get me I can do smiley faces now when leaving comments or replying to topics!

Anyway I dusted down my H.B and it's ready to spring into action, it's clean and complete and I've now got my TT01E on my desk to reassemble and get ready for action.

• Like 2

Finished my TA03F drift car. I'm off out next weekend to find a nice flat car park. Might have to take a trip to The Range see if they still have any of those little cones designed for kids to mark out football pitches...

A4DD9231-B9D3-4E7C-AEEA-0A0D698A69BC.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great Chris, Mothercare sell those cones in the ELC section by the way.

Today I put a pack through my King Blackfoot, half a pack through the Holiday Hammers and started fitting the Mattzilla servo cages to my Clod.

That looks awesome Reilluor! :)

Today I trimmed, painted, weathered and fitted my Demi Works bumperless rear for my s14 slider, not like the picture but not bad for a first attempt. Need a zorst :)

20141027_165426_zps2v5dfpft.jpg

• Like 5

That looks ace. Always wondered about the extra lexan pieces and how they cope in a collision? How is it secured on?

I have to figure out a way of getting my Lipo harcases secured in the TA03, everything fits but the pack is a smugde too long. I was thinking of just sticking some glass tape around it maybe...

Thanks man! I think they took a mold of the inner rear of a Yokomo s14 as it fits snugly inside the boot and rear guards. Just from under the boot lid is different.

(Mine is actually a Matrixline body, I just disliked the rear bodykit).

You could used double sided tape, but I just went with good old trusty shoe goo between the inner and outer bootlid and guards B)

Finally finished the chassis on the TA03F rescue project

It came in bits, but during the build I found:

1. Almost all metalwork missing, had to use lots of spares

2. Needed new pins, had spares for most but needed to buy 2 new ones

3. Rear shock tower was broken, bought a GPM one but the metal spacer thread was gone on one side :( Bodged a fix.

4. Needed wheels

5. Needs a body, thats next

6. Was super dirty with something white, got some off but still some on the chassis

7. New shocks added, had some spare

8. Had to glue one part, has done the job

9. Fitted Sport Tuned Motor, HK servo and one of those cheapo HK ESC's with XT60's soldered on

10. Needed a new front hub, replaced

11. Needed new body mounts

So, all in all, a bit of a project! It was good fun though and different to an easy new build. Cost about the same in the end, but its saved :P

Went from this:

2myqkac.jpg

To this:

nqtuur.jpg

Onwards to the bodyshell!

• Like 1

Turned my brand new Traxxas Slash into an on road drag car LOL

DemonRC1_zps0c222606.jpg

• Like 3

Turned my brand new Traxxas Slash into an on road drag car LOL

DemonRC1_zps0c222606.jpg

That looks great , we need more pic's , Don't we TCer's :D .
  • Like 1

Just knocking up a quick, last minute Halloween build with my daughter...

83f9e71dc7347c44b59ed73543587264.jpg4970ef505422d5c9e5c38b7986c305fb.jpg

The kids are gonna need a change of underwear when this little beast chases them down the street :D If only I had a GoPro camera!

• Like 2

I'm starting to wonder if I'm taking this a bit too far :)

023ac5c958286f2dc706d2b5aa3c1946.jpg

Nah! Onto the red LED eyes next :D

• Like 5

That is classic Crispy! I would lend you a gopro just to see their reactions! I am almost tempted to copy it :lol:

Reminds me of the youtube spider dog thing a few weeks ago :D

Copy away mate :) I used 5mm foam card for the base and the vertical sections, but any cardboard would do. I then just rolled up some lining paper, taped it together and bent the joins into it. Think I'm done for the night. LED eyes are wired up to a 9v battery box.

fd886815d1c310d7cf45b840388bcb2c.jpg

55a4b2b2a69e7345ec404db43c99e31a.jpg

That should put the Willys up somebody :D Pun intended!

I'll get the body covered in paper tomorrow and spray it black. I'm particularly happy with the cotton thread that ties each pair of legs together at the upper knee joints. It holds them up off the floor but allows them to jiggle about. I've also tied the 4 threads together over the body to help raise the front legs. Now when it wheelies and lands it looks pretty menacing! I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow in daylight.

• Like 1

That looks great , we need more pic's , Don't we TCer's :D .

There is a build thread in the other makes section! I plan on updating it here shortly!

• Like 1

Got the body covered, now I just need to paint the thing and let it dry before tomorrow.

Thought I'd add a well know car to give a better idea of the size it is... just so happened the first car I picked up seemed a rather appropriate spider prey :)

Posted Image

• Like 4

Ran my TT-02 outside and got it all dusty and dirty. Cleaned it afterwards, looks better already :)

And bought a Subaru Brat, unfortunately without a body, but it's worth the money, as the seller gave me some extras with it :rolleyes:

Made a start on cutting out the 70-something decals for my Castrol Honda Civic shell.

Decided to swap the WR02 chassis for my shortened TL01 to get better control and lose the chrome wheels. Painted the beast this morning and think I've got the legs strung up enough to survive tonight's activities :D

46e267c3b275b96856bb1ee3cff5c99c.jpgadf2cc9fa96e6d7ef6ebaa0abbff5958.jpg

Bring on the screaming!

• Like 2