Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love the boomerang berman. Brought back memories for me as it was my brothers first tamiya too. He used fo have loads of fun racing my avante (why did I sell that! :rolleyes: ).

Bromvw, cool monster truck! What chassis is it based around. I've been looking into the terminator chassis.

Its based on a stock wild Dagger chassis Terz - modified with GPM parts bought from Fusion . Twin motor , 4 wheel drive and modified for 4 wheel steering .

• Like 1

Love it. Like you said in the other thread it's a cheaper way of building a monster B) .

How does it perform with the larger tyre diameter? I know it won't be as quick as a wild dagger but is it on a par with a clod buster? I'm really new to all this and was was trying to get larger diameter tyres on a baja champ but read the performance really suffers because it's got a 19t pinion and really needs smaller. Does the dagger cope okay? If you've got a build thread I'd love to have a read.

runs great . i have it set up one of two ways - as a crawler with stock pinions and 55 T motors . When i want some speed i drop in a pair of sport tuned with the smallest pinion option ( i forget the teeth count ) . i would say its on a par with a standard clod on the sport motors and 2S lipo . Motor temps on both set ups are fine . I did't do detailed build thread as belive it or not this was built in a week ! ok so i had done my home work and planning , and got the parts together but this really was very straight forward .

• Like 1

Next doors cat came in and laid on my PC keyboard... it bought an Asterion truck and Unimog CR-01 with Crawler esc from Banzai hobby.

A least that's what I told my wife.... naughty cat.

Edit:- was supposed to be rebuilding my dyna storm that I started yesterday, but have a cold so stayed indoors (being unwell is expensive).

• Like 4

Next doors cat came in and laid on my PC keyboard... it bought an Asterion truck and Unimog CR-01 with Crawler esc from Banzai hobby.

A least that's what I told my wife.... naughty cat.

Edit:- was supposed to be rebuilding my dyna storm that I started yesterday, but have a cold so stayed indoors (being unwell is expensive).

haha good one Disco! will have to remember that one ;)

So you found a Dynastorm in the end?

Yes ... found a Dynastorm from a TC member in Europe, got it last week, its been extensively raced I think , lots of mods and every type of screw head imaginable ! but its my plan to put it all back to standard and use it as a light runner.

I'll post it up on TC when its done in a week or so, its in a thousand bit right now.

• Like 1

Carrying on with the work area :D

Floorboards = Done

T&G Cladding = Done

Plasterboarding tomorrow :)

Yes ... found a Dynastorm from a TC member in Europe, got it last week, its been extensively raced I think , lots of mods and every type of screw head imaginable ! but its my plan to put it all back to standard and use it as a light runner.

I'll post it up on TC when its done in a week or so, its in a thousand bit right now.

Very nice mate! :)

Carrying on with the work area  :D

Floorboards = Done

T&G Cladding = Done

Plasterboarding tomorrow  :)

Excuse me, where's the build thread of said workshop?

• Like 2

Excuse me, where's the build thread of said workshop?

Yep you are right Steve, I am not adhering to my own rules...

ws_pictures.jpg

But don't worry pictures have been taken and a thread will be started soon, probably tomorrow when I (hopefully) get the plasterboard up ;)

Really want to have it operational ready for a bit of Christmas holiday action :D:D:D That's the plan anyway :ph34r:

• Like 5

I've gone one better - the spare bedroom is now my winter workshop - i seem to have the best wife in the world - so understanding .( SHE TOLD ME TO SAY THAT LOL ) . :ph34r:

• Like 4

Fired up the clod in its current state. I probably shouldn't use the word "fired" seeing as the resistor smelt a bit smokey :)

Went across the room and back again under it's own steam, so will get on with stripping and rebuilding her.

Spent an hour butchering the vintage clod MSC wiring (with power/economy switch) and soldering it onto a spare ESC to run a twin motor single battery setup.

Success rate... Zero.

Moved my Samurai from the workbench to the shelf, took me 2sec... I get to little time for my car's these days....

My name is Odd-Arne and I'm a RCholich......

Edit: and Yeah just remebered, that i bought a Pro Cat today :-) and a new body and decals for it :-)

• Like 1

Finished the bit of skirting and filled all the screw head divots etc in 'The Den' Also got some supplies for the next bit ;)

Getting a bit fed up with sleeping in a building site though... :(

Drove my clod for the first time :) . I was really impressed with it. On power mode it went at a decent speed, it's no racing buggy though :lol: . Considering its 20+ years old and running a manual speed controller, twin silver can motors and it isn't ball raced it was fun. No wonder people love these things.

• Like 1

Drove my clod for the first time :) . I was really impressed with it. On power mode it went at a decent speed, it's no racing buggy though :lol: . Considering its 20+ years old and running a manual speed controller, twin silver can motors and it isn't ball raced it was fun. No wonder people love these things.

Now modernise it :D

I will :lol: . Straight away I was thinking I need to do this, that...... I'd love to build one around the terminator chassis. A modded clod must be amazing!

• Like 1

I will :lol: . Straight away I was thinking I need to do this, that...... I'd love to build one around the terminator chassis. A modded clod must be amazing!

be careful - they can become a real money pit :lol:

• Like 2

The terminator chassis is a great bit of kit, but I wouldn't sacrifice an original you have had since childhood just for a pair of axles and tyres when you can readily buy those things individually or you can buy a cheap runner chassis off ebay.

(I regret not keeping at least one of my childhood rc's) :(

Today I took some of my 4x4 monster trucks (clod, bullhead, juggernaut, txt-1) outside for a quick run and then gave all the mechanical speed controls a quick service :)

I think that's the way to go as you could replace virtually everything for something lighter/stronger/more efficient and then it's not the clod me and my brother had anymore. I've already been looking for some axles and CPE do some amazing tyres and wheels so these could go on the terminator chassis. Then the clod would stay untouched and original.

Clod, juggernaut, bullhead and txt-1. Now that's just showing off! :lol: Love the look of the jugg. :wub: