Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished editing my TT-02 build video Ep 3 and posted it in The Builds thread.

Got a car from a workmate, no idea what it is.

Seems "chunky", maybe strong, seems reasonably well built for a cheapish model. Needed a few screws and some bits added to it. Took the motor off it (I gave it to him a while back) and put the silvercan back in. Missing the wing so I cut one of the 4 Zahhak wings you get and it fits alright. The wing is adjustable on this thing!

Anyways, not pretty, but maybe a decent basher?

552sl1.jpg

Got a car from a workmate, no idea what it is.Seems "chunky", maybe strong, seems reasonably well built for a cheapish model. Needed a few screws and some bits added to it. Took the motor off it (I gave it to him a while back) and put the silvercan back in. Missing the wing so I cut one of the 4 Zahhak wings you get and it fits alright. The wing is adjustable on this thing!Anyways, not pretty, but maybe a decent basher?552sl1.jpg

That looks like an HSP of some type... The oem of Mavericks etc..

• Like 1

I built my nova fox today.. Probably the most technical kit I've made to date including my Durango... Some real fiddly bits but good grief it's a sexxy car when it's together.. Stunning to look at. Very bouncy front suspension ... But what a cool buggy...

K

I built my nova fox today.. Probably the most technical kit I've made to date including my Durango... Some real fiddly bits but good grief it's a sexxy car when it's together.. Stunning to look at. Very bouncy front suspension ... But what a cool buggy...

K

To use internet speak, PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Bizarrely, I've been looking a these today, what are you thoughts? Too similar build to a Hotshot? Is it a good steer?

It happened..

I'm using as a practise for a hotshot kinda.. But I've always wanted one. I've heard that they are now to be discontinued once more so very happy I got one.

20150206_195332.jpg

K

• Like 2

Got a car from a workmate, no idea what it is.

552sl1.jpg

That looks like an HSP of some type... The oem of Mavericks etc..

I am really tempted to call it a Redcat Tornado EPX. But then, most cheap buggies look the same, don't they?

Got the driver in on the grapple skidder:

img33435_06022015220900_1.jpg

img33435_06022015220900_2.jpg

img33435_06022015220900_3.jpg

Pretty poor really compared to a lot of painted figures I've seen on here, but it'll look ok from the distance I'll be viewing it from :)

• Like 1

I am really tempted to call it a Redcat Tornado EPX. But then, most cheap buggies look the same, don't they?

You are right, it looks like it anyway :)

Went to the park and gave some of our cars a run.

The Alpine had a run on the tarmac parking area:

DSC04213_zps82xpcsdq.jpg

And Stormy, Pink and Gonzo had a run on the grass:

DSC04208_zpsicnicvch.jpg

I did some timed runs with Pink and Stormy to see how they compare performance-wise. I found that Pink (13.5T brushless) was only marginally faster than Stormy (23T brushed) but accelerated a fair bit quicker, and had almost 50% more runtime off the same capacity pack. Brushless certainly has its advantages!

• Like 4

It happened..

I'm using as a practise for a hotshot kinda.. But I've always wanted one. I've heard that they are now to be discontinued once more so very happy I got one.

20150206_195332.jpg

K

Discontinued :o glad I got mine then :)

Started charging my lipo packs and changing plugs to XT60's. One mistake, I cut the plug off one pack but cannot solder the 10awg cable to the plug, need more power but less heat.

Technically this was yesterday, but spent the day rearranging the house to accomodate the new 'freebie' display cabinet that my wife acquired for me. Cleaned it all up (it was pretty good anyway) so now it looks like new, lights needed a little attention but now all working, just need to fill it now by finishing some of my projects!

med_gallery_28308_3756_311738.jpg

• Like 7

Is that a working Airwolf on the top shelf Nitomor? Got any more pics or clips?

I was wondering that too :)

Lovely display case, great find by Mrs N! wish I have the room for a actual display case :wub::wub::wub:

Yes, that is an Airwolf canopy. Looks to be a Belt-CP mechanic (450 class) beneath.

Got a new Grandson :wub: Baby Bentley entered the world at 13.55 . Very very proud even though i was't actually there . My wife was though .

thrilled to bits - time to wet the Baby's head . :D:D:D

• Like 10

It was yesterday actually but I did,nt get chance to post .

Went to my lhs and placed order for ,

The re re willys wheeler

The grand hauler

The dark impack white version

The aqroshot.

Just waiting with baited breath know for the firse call at the end of the month

Unless the first one comes earlyer as the tamiya rep told my lhs that a container has arrived this week and some of the new releases might be on it

Had an idea for a silly project. My nephews interest in RC lasted him all of a 9 months. Then he needed to start playing guitar instead - which didn't last either (-: So I got handed his two cars. And M-05 with the ugliest shell ever and an HBX Something or other buggy which I might restore and give to a friends kid. Seems decent enough - just needs bearings and 2 driveshafts.

Back to the project - I have an new Blitzer Beetle shell that I never used for Franken Beetle - and had a thought. Wheel base seemed pretty much ok, so I stole the Wide rear slicks from my TRF415, and dumped the body on top of the M-05 chassis.

bksPGBz.jpg

Naturally - some dremelling will be required - and also converting the M-05 to RWD. But I have huge box of spares from an M-03 where everything was replaced with alu parts.

• Like 1

Painted up my Nova Fox shell in my usual combo of colours :) ... cant wait to get the electrics in so I can go for a foxxy spin ...

20150208_183606.jpg

• Like 2

Had an idea for a silly project. My nephews interest in RC lasted him all of a 9 months. Then he needed to start playing guitar instead - which didn't last either (-: So I got handed his two cars. And M-05 with the ugliest shell ever and an HBX Something or other buggy which I might restore and give to a friends kid. Seems decent enough - just needs bearings and 2 driveshafts.

Back to the project - I have an new Blitzer Beetle shell that I never used for Franken Beetle - and had a thought. Wheel base seemed pretty much ok, so I stole the Wide rear slicks from my TRF415, and dumped the body on top of the M-05 chassis.

bksPGBz.jpg

Naturally - some dremelling will be required - and also converting the M-05 to RWD. But I have huge box of spares from an M-03 where everything was replaced with alu parts.

that has the potential to look rather good .